I can tell you other things, but I tell you the truth! - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I can tell you other things,  but I tell you the truth! - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I can tell you other things, but I tell you the truth!

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I can tell you other things,  but I tell you the truth! - Page 2 Empty Re: I can tell you other things, but I tell you the truth!

Post by Katie Knight Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:52 pm

Katie looked at him before biting her lip. " Probably be the best thing to do. "said Katie honestly. But could they go on and pretend nothing ever happened though? Or will it make their friendship they had awkward? Katie didn't know, but they had to try, and she had to get over him. No matter how hard it was going to be, she had to move on.

If there friendship survived everything else, surely it could survive her getting over him right? Katie was glad she didn't lose him as a friend. " So... the easter holiday is coming up, I'm going home for the holiday maybe we can go to Hogsmeade before I leave?"Katie asked him. " The train is leaving on Wednesday, but due to classes being out now maybe we can sneak in. "said Katie shrugging. Katie always went home for the easter holidays, it was something she promised her mum she'll do.

If she was going to get over this, she had to make things go back to normal. Katie couldn't believe people thought they were dating because they spent so much time together. From studying together to Hogsmeade trips, they were attached at the hip. Was that what Katie like him though? to be honest, Katie didn't know what made her like him in the first place. Maybe it was his caring manner and his fun personality that made her like him, not to mention his witty humor at times.

They were quite a pair her and Cupid, both had unique birthdays they hated and both had a older sibling. How they connected Katie had no clue, but they did. Maybe it was there love for adventures and their witty sarcastic behavior that gotten in trouble a few times. Fame or being himself, Katie liked him no matter what. "Let me just say this one thing before we pretend this never happened, famous or not Cupid I'll always like you for who you are. " said Katie honestly.
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

I can tell you other things,  but I tell you the truth! - Page 2 Empty Re: I can tell you other things, but I tell you the truth!

Post by Rosanna Parker Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:26 pm

Inside Cupid's mind a sigh of relief could have been heard. He didn't express this out loud but he was glad the situation had diffused to what it was now. For a moment Cupid had wanted to laugh the whole thing off, half expected Katie to slap him and walk away but thankfully they'd remained on neutral ground. Hopefully it would stay that way.

Cupid and Katie worked well as friends together. They knew each other inside out, they understood each others sense of humour and were forever able to read each other. Thinking about how special their friendship was for a moment made Cupid ponder. Why did they get on so well together? They sort of just... clicked. Perhaps they were destined to be more than friends? No. The Slytherin would know, he'd found girls attractive before but he'd never been attracted in that way to Katie, if he had been he would have known - wouldn't he?

The sound of Katie's voice popped his bubble of thought and came back down to earth.

'Oh, yeah that sounds like a good idea.' Although his voice wouldn't have thought he liked the idea. Unlike his usual rather excited idea about sneaking out Cupid remained solemn. Had he done something? Had he caused Katie to fall for him? He hadn't mean't to, he wasn't anything special - not yet anyway. A part of him believed he was unique, had something other people had but up until now, up until this moment in the room of requirement, he never had received any evidence to support that.

Maybe it wasn't fame he needed. Or maybe the reason he wanted fame was because of that feeling, that feeling of appreciation and worth, the feeling of greatness. That's what he craved and now, now he was beginning to feel that from Katie but it wasn't how he thought it would be. Why? It wasn't love Cupid wanted.

The Slytherin had wanted to become famous for going on bold adventures, fighting the unknown and riding dragons out of Gringotts. That was the vision he had but ultimately it wasn't him. He wanted that because it would give him front page news all the time. Really, he wasn't being himself in chasing that dream. Sure it was exciting but really it wasn't him, it wasn't Cupid.

What Cupid loved more in the world was to sing. He would sneak into the music room and sing. At home, during the holidays and even before Hogwarts, he rarely left the piano. It was what made him feel comfortable. But would that get him fame? There weren't many magical entertainers and the industry didn't seem at all as appealing as the muggle one did but... But deep down that is what he wanted to be famous for. He wanted to be appreciated for his talent, recognised for his greatness to music. It wasn't love he never got from his Father that he craved, it was to prove he was worthy. Prove to anyone who put him down or disregarded him as ordinary that he was exceptional. To Cupid it wasn't about his personality.

Maybe that's why he wasn't as phased as he would have expected when Katie told him: "Let me just say this one thing before we pretend this never happened, famous or not Cupid I'll always like you for who you are." Cupid was happy with himself, he just wanted his greatness to shine.

'Yeah. We should do.' Cupid nodded, talking more enthusiastically. 'It'll be good to get out of the castle.' He told her before holding out his hand for her to hold. 'How about now?'

It was a daring move, especially seeing as they both had double charms afterwards but what would happen? He'd miss a topic that would probably come up in his OWL's? He'd get detention? He'd lose Slytherin ten points or so?

(ooc: sorry for all the randomness that is in this post I got a bit carried away Smile )
Rosanna Parker
Rosanna Parker

Number of posts : 181
Special Abilities : Apparation | Non-Verbal Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katie Knight Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:55 pm

Katie looked at Cupid shocked  here they had Charms next and he wanted to sneak out? "Cupid you do know we can get a detention for this and lose points for doing this right if we get caught?"Katie asked him.  Although it wasn't like Katie cared anymore,  they were pros when it came to sneaking out.   They snuck out so many times,  Katie lost track of their midnight adventures.  Although it somehow someone seen them one night and spread the rumors about them, it still didn't stop them.

Katie snuck out all the time,  but she never missed class in her life before.   Of course her brother and the guys have,  but she been to scared and chicken to until now.   " I say lets do it, lets take a risk!"said Katie.  " A life without risk isn't a life worth living!"said Katie smirking.   "You want to take the one eyed witch passage on the third floor?"Katie asked him curiously.  

" I heard the guys and a few people talking about it one day, it was how people sneak in drinks for parties and stuff. " said Katie.   " The thing is,  it takes a hour on foot to get there but we won't get caught if we take that way. "said Katie honestly.     "Come on it'll be fun, it leads under the school maybe there's some cool stuff under there!"said Katie before taking his hand. Leading them out of the room of requirements,  Katie made sure they blended in with the other students heading towards their classes.   Blending in with a couple of fifth years like themselves,  they headed towards the third floor.

After a few minutes,  Katie lead them in front of the one eyed witch one the third floor landing.   Getting out her wand she tapped it on the witches hump.   " Dissendium. " Katie muttered as witch slide to revealed a tunnel.  " Pretty cool huh?"Katie asked him smirking before looking at the tunnel.   " I always wanted to try this since I heard about it!"said Katie honestly.   " Now I finally get the chance to!" said Katie happily.  " Sorry... a bit silly I know it's just a tunnel but I heard some cool stuff about this tunnel!"said Katie.

Katie's adventurous self was kicking in, if they were take risk why not turn it into a adventure as well? Not like they haven't took weird passages before around school, lets just say they were to adventurous for their own good at times. Although they always had a good time when they were together. "You coming or do I have to drag you?"Katie asked him smirking. " You can go the other way if you like, I just really want to take this way!"said her eyes sparkling with excitement.

(Sorry for the slight god mode! )
Katie Knight
Katie Knight
Third Year Ravenclaw
Third Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top