Marriage is Murder - Page 91
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 91 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 91 of 99 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 91 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Marcus Belby Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:46 pm

"Its just stress," Edward said. "Hopefully he'll get back to a normal pace again once he's taken care of Pierce."

Upstairs, as Marcus finished his letter and sealed it, Khaat woke finally. "Feeling better?" he asked.

"Thirsty," she said sleepily.

"Well, I think dinner is almost ready. I can smell it. Let's go downstairs and I'll get you some tea or something. I think your father made some sort of new blend of tea yesterday."

"Because my mother demanded he take a break and do it," Khaat yawned. "Pumpkin Cider Spice, I think. Pumpkin and spiced cider flavored."

"Can't imagine it right now, but I'm sure its good. Come on. I'll brew some up if its not on." She nodded and they went downstairs.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:10 pm

Brant nodded and sighed he could not argue with him as he could plainly see it on Roberts face the stress that sat there. " I hope so I am worried as to how much longer he can keep taking the potions" he said moving to sit down on the couch.

Jack sighed and shook his head " I for one would love to get my hands on Gideon" he growled Jess looked up at him and placed her hand on his thigh making him look down at her and relax. " I know stay calm." he said and she nodded.

"leave it to Robert he knows what hes doing " she said " he must have a plan, there's no use in fussing over it, hes already said he'll tell us in a moment." she saw Jack smile and move his hand to take hers in it and held it close.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:20 pm

Khaat already knew, from experience, what her father would do. She'd played entirely too much chess not to know. If he felt Gideon was treating this whole thing as a chess game, her father would be creating his own counterstrategy to win the game.

"Not you lot too," Robert frowned, listening to their speculation. "I thought you all knew me well enough to know I wont stand for random killing. Certainly not for sport. I am hoping to make a permanent end to his shenanigans, but at the very least, I can fire his happy little ass. The problem with just firing him is that he's the type that will just keep showing up again and again until he's eliminated permanently. I can't very well let a maniac continue to act like a jerk while holding the keys to the kingdom, now can I?"

"You intend on killing him?" Khaat asked.

"Whatever it takes," Robert answered coldly.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22604
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Brant stood and listened to them talk he knew Robert was right he shifted where he stood. "Robert knows a man like that will not take no for an answer, its I guess for lack of a better comparison, kill or be killed" he said softly his arms now crossing chest his as he watched them both.

"We'll all be there too I'm curios to know how Gideon will react to seeing Robert on his feet and kicking proverbial butt." He said with a soft smirk. He could see Jack and Steven both nodding to his left. " I do hope those stupid laws her repealed" he said
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:16 pm

The next morning had not turned out at all like Khaat had expected. She had gone, like everyone else, to the press conference. Never had she dreamed, though, that her father would have to resort to shutting down the ministry to keep them all safe.

She wouldn't have left, but Marcus had simply removed her. One moment she was standing on the platform as the building began to crumble. And the next, she was standing on the street, coughing, sputtering dust.

"Breathe," Marcus coached her. "You're alright."

"My father," she coughed. "I shouldn't have left him. And I don't see any of the rest of us. Not anyone."

"Give it a minute," he said, scanning the faces he saw on the street. "Steven and Jack won't be far, I'm sure. I know I saw Brian and Angus leave. And your mother and Michael are with your father. I don't think for one moment that they'res going to let your father die."

"He was so focused on the spell...."

"Yeah, but Michael was not. They'll all turn up. Give them a minute. It was hard to see because of the dust. It'll be alright."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:27 pm

Jack and Steven both ported in Jack shook the dust off his shoulders while Steven coughed a little. " well one thing , Robert knows how to bring the house down." Jack said with a soft cough. Jess walked over to both of them with a glass of water while Cassidy walked over to Khaat and Marcus.

"just to wash the dust out of your throats" she told them both as she placed the glasses into their hands.

"I saw Brant port out with his lady friend" Jack said and chuckled but earned a slap from Jess who shook her head. "Well, we both saw how he looked at her and stayed close by her" Jack coughed again " and hes not here is he?" Jack took a sip of water and breathed in deeply.

"Actually I am here." Brant said walking in looking at all of them. " and Jack a gentleman doesn't leave a lady in that situation, I saw her to safety and came right back." he glanced at Khaat " I saw your father and the others getting out" he told Khaat.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:40 pm

"Thank you," Marcus said. "Take a couple sips, Khaat. It will help."

It was a very tense couple of moments until Marcus nodded. "There," he said, nodding towards the entrance of the Ministry. "There they are."

Michael was walking out, squinting in the sunlight, coughing. Kate was behind him, and Robert was behind her. Brian and Angus seemed to be right beside Michael, out of nowhere.

"You all alright?" Brian asked Michael, Kate, and Robert.

"Fine," Michael said. He turned and glared at Robert. "I need a new best mate, though." Robert looked away from the ministry building towards Michael.

"Maybe all you need is a pint," Robert said.

"The next time you decide to blow up the whole bloody government before lunch, you really do need to read me in first," Michael scowled.

"It looks like they're fine," Marcus laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:46 pm

Brant smiled and nodded "yep, their fine" He said glancing back in the direction he had just come but he let out a deep breath and looked back at the building. " looks like there will be more rebuilding work both physically and metaphorically speaking" he said rolling his left shoulder slightly as he felt the pull of what he knew was a bruise starting where part of the plaster from the roof had hit him.

Jess saw Brant's discomfort and walked over to him she was about to place her hand on his shoulder when he quickly stopped her. " no...Thank you" He said " I'll take some potion when I get back to the ranch." he told her knowing his reaction last time to a healing spell. it would not do for him to be off his head right now.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 pm

"There certainly will be rebuilding," Robert said. "You lot need to go home. It seems I'm back at work, and right now, I can't honestly tell you when I'll be home."

"Answer me one question," Brian said.

"Certainly." Robert said.

"Am I still employed by this Ministry?"

"We lost the building, not the government," Robert said. "The only one who lost his job this morning was Mr. Pierce."

"Then I'll be staying with you," Brian said.

Robert looked at everyone else. "I'm glad you're all alright. Now--if you'll excuse me..."

Michael knew he'd be staying too. As an Unspeakable, he had Ministry duties now to do too. So did Angus.

"Can the rest of you get home?" Michael asked.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Brant looked at Michael " I have something I need to do first" he said but Jack folded his arms across his chest.

"What he really means is hes got some one he wants to check on first." Jess again swiped Jacks arm.

"None of your business Jack," she said and he went quiet. " sorry Brant" she said and he just chuckled.

"its fine and if its okay with the minister, Miss Meilleure was more than bit shook up, she told me she was okay but, if its okay I'd like to check on her before I head back." He hoped he would as he stood waiting for his response. He had chosen to ignore Jacks ribbing and just let it flow off his back. He saw Steven smile and nod his approval at Brant's response.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 91 of 99 Previous  1 ... 47 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 95 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum