Marriage is Murder - Page 69
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 69 of 99 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 69 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:37 pm

"I would have thought the fact that one is male and one is female would have given you a clue," Edward said. "But yes. They're fine."

Robert and Michael had been gone for several hours. They ported back, finally, and Robert had a large brown paper bag with him.

"Shopping, were you?" Kate asked him.

"More or less," Robert said. He handed the bag to Angus. "Take care of that for me, would you?" Angus opened the bag and looked inside. He grinned.

"Yes, Sir," he laughed. "My pleasure." He took the bag below deck.

"What did you do?" Kate frowned.

"He bought just a couple bottles of tequila," Michael said.

"A couple?" Kate looked skeptically.

"Well, a few."

"A few?"

"Well, several."

"A supply, then."

"Well, more or less."

"So, you went south someplace?"

"Cabo San Lucas," Michael said. "We got there in time for fiesta."

"Is he sober?"

"Sort of," Michael laughed.

"Are you?"

"Not really, but we did manage to get home, so we were sober enough, I presume." He headed below deck.

"Where are you going?"

"To do what one always does after the fiesta--to take a siesta. Buenos Noches." he went below deck.

"Well, I doubt we'll see them this afternoon," Brian laughed.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22691
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:57 pm

Steven and Jack watched as Robert and Michael returned both looked at each other and chuckled softly. " I'd say there both four sheets to the wind." Steven said and Jack nodded.

"Hey their aloud " he said and Steven nodded as did Cassidy "he's been threw a lot they both have, its just good to see him relax and smile again." He said smiling himself as he saw Jess appear from below again this time instead of hospital whites she now wore a light blue sun-dress and white sandals her hair was brushed and up in a bun. " I'll...Ill put the packages in your rooms" he said stumbling over his words a little.

Jess moved to sit with Cassidy who smiled at her. "looking good Jess." She said and Jess smiled a little to her.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:11 am

Khaat knew her father rarely ever got too much to drink. He wasn't that intoxicated. He was just relaxed.  He had had a good time, and he had been able to simply forget about everything for a few hours, eat Mexican fiesta party foods, listen to mariachi bands, and just relax.  She was glad for him.

"You never took me to a fiesta," she told Brian.  He looked at her.

"Every time I take you out, we roll under a car or find some other sort of death trap," he said sarcastically.  "I'll build you any sort of getaway you want at home."

"That thing brain damaged you," she scowled, unhappy.

"My brain works just fine," he said to her, leaning back and closing his eyes.

"You'd better get this resolved before we have our next six kids," she told him, deliberately baiting him.

"We said two more," he said. "Not six.  I will not be doing fourteen kids of our own. I love you, but that's not happening. Ten is my max."

"You really didn't think he'd screw that up, did you?" Kate laughed.  

"Just testing," Khaat said.  "Marcus, get the jar, would you?"

"Um...I would, but what am I doing with it?"

"I'm taking it downstairs to my cabin."

"Are you sure that's wise?" he asked.

"I need to," she said.  She stood up. He picked up the jar.

"Khaat," Brian said seriously, "You be careful with that thing. Marcus, do not let her get in over her head.  If she gets in too deep, take that damned jar and get it out of her room, no matter what she says. Do I need to make an order out of that?"

"No," Marcus said. The two of them headed down below deck.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:20 am

Jess watched as Marcus and Khaat headed below with the jar and Jack returned " all clothing has been put away , Khaats might need resizing though" he added glancing over at where Jess sat. Jess was watching Kate and Cassidy as they wove.

" you dropped a stitch" she said to Cassidy who smiled and picked it up.

" ow thanks, I didn't see that" she said continuing the weaving she was doing Cassidy glanced at Jack and then nudged Jess " hes watching you again" she said softly Jess just nodded.

" I know" she said softly " but I have a duty to Brian and Khaat right now" she said looking at Brian laid with his eyes closed beside Khaat as they spoke together.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:29 am

"I'm fine, Jess," Brian said. "I appreciate your worrying but I'm alright. I don't trust Khaat when there's this sort of magic at work, though. I hope Marcus has some bloody idea what to do with a seer when there's some sort of magic working on her thinking."

"He'll be fine," Kate said. "He knows her. He's not going to let her do something crazy."

"He lets her do whatever she wants," Brian sighed.

"No, no, no. He lets her make her own choices--within reason. And it seems to me that's the way we'd all like to be treated, isn't it?" Kate asked. "Marcus Belby would protect that girl with his very last breath, and besides that, if the plants gets on his nerves, he'll get it out of their room."

Khaat had Marcus slip into her parent's cabin and get her mothers' traveling divination pouch and bring it to her room. Robert was in an exhausted sleep on the bed, and hadn't heard a sound. Khaat opened the pouch and got out the equipment. She wanted more information.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:47 am

Jess sat and sighed as Brian spoke " I know how she feels." she said softly as she rubbed her temples trying to rid her mind of the throbbing she felt in her mind. Jack moved to stand next to her his hand gently rested on her shoulder. This made Jess sigh feeling the pain lessen.

Steven sat opposite with Brian he chuckled as Jack then moved from Jess once he was sure she wasn't in pain any more. He moved to stand by the railings looking out over the water.

"so what's our next move with this creature?" he
asked still looking out at the horizon. "Destroy it or just use it like a lab rat so we can kill it?" he turned slightly to look at Brian as he waited.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:57 am

"Robert is going to want to study it," Brian said. "I don't know if its the plant that is the reason she's attracted to this whole business or whether its something else. Khaat honestly probably wants to know that for herself."

"She will," Kate said. "Khaat has never liked having those sorts of gut feelings that keep hammering at her. I sort of learned to let them go most of the time, but its not always easy. For her, it just honestly eats at her. I think she's come too close to dying too many times that the space between our world and the next gets very thin at times for her. And I think sometimes it makes her susceptible to hearing things a bit differently than I do."

"And that's why I get so overly protective," Brian said.

"Its fine to be that way," Kate said. "Brian, we'll try to keep a balance with it. I really am hoping Marcus doesn't let her open that damned jar, though."

"Oh, he knows better," Kate said. "And I think if that jar were to be opened, I would surely know, and I bet Jess would too."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:26 am

Jack looked to Jess as Kate spoke of the space between life and death being thinned at times he knew Jess had felt it as well. he huffed as Brian said it was why he was overly protective of Khaat and he wondered was this why he was not of Jess. He sighed and moved down below with out a word. "Huh...whats up with him?" Steven asked and glanced at Kate and Jess.

Jess didn't reply she just watched Cassidy and Kate weaving. "Do you have any painting supplies?" she asked Kate knowing she was an avid painter. Jess wanted to do something as well rather than sit and watch Cassidy and her weave. After a moment Jack returned and walked over to Jess his hand held out to her.

"Would you come with me...please" he asked Jess looked to Brian and the others and nodded. Taking his hand she walked with him down to their room where she saw a table laid for dinner for two. " I thought it was time we talked, the right way" he told her as he let the door swing closed.

Cassidy looked at Kate and shook her head " won't see those two until tomorrow now" she said and looked up to see Steven had moved to sit next to her. "So what do you think its a wall hanging?" she said Steven took what she had done in his hand and chuckled.

"Bit...small isn't it" He flinched as she smacked his arm and chuckled

"seems my husband wants to sleep on the sofa tonight" she said to Kate.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:45 am

"Where did all that southern gentleman stuff go?" Kate asked Steven. "For her first effort, she did a fine job." Kate stopped working and frowned a bit. "She is really getting very deep into this. She can't dive, so she's trying to unravel this from up here. I can feel the energy. Its intense."

"How can I help, Kate?" Brian asked.

"You can't," Kate said. "I'll send either an owl or Angus to Edward to ask him to come and help me to help Khaat walk this out. Edward is used to treacherous ground. Probably moreso than I am. He's used to traps and tracking things. This might be a good thing he could help us with. I don't want her to get too trapped into herself. I don't want her in over her head."

"Shall I send the owl myself?" Brian said.

"No, I will," Kate said. "I don't want Robert stressing with it, and its not his forte anyway. Edward and Jess and I can help without draining our own energies, but whatever she's getting into, its deep and its serious. We need to not minimize it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:10 am

Steven chuckled and bowed gently as he smiled "of course, my apologies Cassidy, it will look great above the fire in the farm" he told her Cassidy smiled and lent against him.

"Thats better "She said and chuckled " thanks Kate, I think he just needs reminding every now and again" she said and chuckled as she kissed Steven cheek before returning to her weaving again this time with Stevens arm around her.

" I wish there was something we could do" Steven said but it was Jim who spoke first.

"We are, by being here and at the ready for what might happen were giving them the confidence to research that...thing" he said putting down his news paper. " sorry Kate had to say something can't have Mr southern bell making every one worried over here" he said Steven nodded.

" okay leave them to do what it is there doing and be at the ready" he said and Jim nodded.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 69 of 99 Previous  1 ... 36 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 84 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top