Marriage is Murder - Page 48
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Marriage is Murder - Page 48 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Marriage is Murder

Page 48 of 99 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 73 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Marriage is Murder - Page 48 Empty Re: Marriage is Murder

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:08 am

"Yes," Robert said. "It gives him at least half a chance."

"They moved the trap to the hold," Angus said quietly. "Do let me know if I need to get rid of it sooner than I anticipated."

"I'll do that," Robert said. "But I'm going to need as much information as possible before I mess too much with it. Until then, nobody plays around with it. That thing is deadly. Nobody goes into the hold without a partner. And I do mean nobody."

"Can I help you with something, Robert?" Jeffrey asked, after dropping his things in his cabin.

"We may well have to work in shifts," Robert said. "We'll have to watch him very carefully, and that does take a lot of focus. We might be better to take more frequent, shorter shifts. What do you two think? I need to examine that trap and make sure Khaat's going to be okay."

"Michael's feeding her firewhiskey," Angus said dryly.

"Good," Robert said. "Certainly can't hurt at this point."

"Go check the trap," Jeffrey said. "I'll stay close in case Jess needs help."

"Have Michael meet me in the hold," Robert said to Angus.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22795
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Jess looked at Jeffery and just smiled at him " I'm for now"she said softly to them both " I'm keeping a steady flow, " She said " as his own takes over I pull back a little, but not completely to give him additional support " she said softly to Robert she could sense the tension that radiated off Robert but didn't let any enter her mind she had to stay focused and clear headed for Brian's sake.

Steven and Cassidy both nodded when everyone was told they had to stay way from the trap. "Its a nasty thing, I don't know why any one would want or need to use it." Brant spoke up as he looked up from a chair that he now sat in. " ow Angus you want I should start dinner preparations?" he asked knowing he was busy with everything else. Brant stood looking out over the water and now how still it was after the days events. It was as if it was trying to act as if nothing had happened.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:55 pm

"The runes are an ancient language that hasn't been used for hundreds of years. The only place its found now is in old dark arts books. I must confess I have a few," Robert said. "The key was in reading the runes backwards to undo it. In its time, it wasn't an uncommon way for dark alchemists to create traps and weapons. Its just not one we see much anymore."

"And what the hell do you intend to do with it?" Jeffrey frowned.

"I can't just not deal with it," Robert said. "If this got to England, the damage it could do might be irrepairable. I have no choice. Jess, if I do anything stupid with that thing, you make sure you stay focused on Brian. No matter what. That's an order. Non negotiable."

He turned and left, heading for the hold.

Angus knew he had to hustle to get the message to Michael. He looked at Brant.

"You can join some of the crew in the kitchen if you like. Or--I have to send someone to update Edward. He needs to keep the kids longer than we planned. A couple hours out at sea and the whole thing has gone sideways already," he sighed heavily. He turned to head quickly up to the deck to go ask Michael to join Robert in examining the trap.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:13 pm

Jess sat and listened to Robert speak of the trap and his intent though it was undecided she did hear his order " of course " she said looking at Brian next to her in the bed still with his eyes tight shut. She could do little to help much more than she was. She watched as Robert left leaving Jeffery with her. She said nothing but looked at him.

On deck Brant heard Angus and nodded " I'll go and tell them" he said and watched him leave. He quickly ported to the Donaugh home and went to find Edward to update him. " ah there you are, problem..." He found him in the courtyard with the children as he started to tell him of what had happened on the yacht with Khaat and Brian. " Robert is studying the blasted thing to I guess neutralize it before he gets rid of it." He accioed a soda and sipped it. His eyes were drawn to the villa across from them that he had been given.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:28 pm

"He's in over his head," Edward frowned deeply. "He's got no bloody idea what he's doing, and he's going to get himself killed." He drew out a old muggle keychain with an anchor on it--a portkey to the ship itself. He shouted to the staff that he was leaving for a moment. "I'm heading to the ship," he said to Brant. "We need to go."

Meanwhile, Robert and Michael were examining the trap. Robert was exploring the ring itself and saw that it was set with raw titanium crystals set every few inches apart, all the way around.

"The magic fires from those," he told Michael.

"Yeah, I gathered that. And it's how their positioned that causes the beams to refract and create a top and a bottom for it."

"Inescapable," Robert said.

"Unless you just happened to be able to speak some archaic language backwards off the top of your head," Michael said, neither of them noticing Edward coming down into the hold with them.

Robert flipped it over where the runes were and fired at it.

"No!" Edward exclaimed, clutching tight at Robert and forcefully pulling him out of the way as the trap fired a defensive spell at Robert, causing a massive slashing spell across Robert's upper arm. Robert winced.

"Damn! Booby trapped?" Michael frowned.

"That could have been your head!" Edward said. "Are you out of your mind? You could have been killed. And you have three seers on board. Do you want to give them all a heart attack?"

"No, not intentionally," Robert shrugged.

"No experience with ancient weapons, have you?" Edward scowled.

"Actually, I have considerable experience. Just none quite like this."

"Obviously. Be glad Brant came to ask me to keep the kids longer, or you wouldn't be here right now."

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:37 pm

Brant looked to Edward and pulled himself back nodded he quickly held onto Edward as he ported back to the ship. Brant followed him down to the hold just in time to duck as a spell whizzed past his head he looked over at Robert and took out some bandages "This should keep it clean until Kate or Jess can heal it for you" he told him adding a few drops of Dittany juice to help the healing process start. He heard his name again and just looked at Robert as he finished wrapping the wound.

" Its very old, like it was part of a much bigger trap and its broke off some how" Brant guessed having only dealt with muggle traps and some magical but not this dark or complicated.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:53 pm

"Thank you," Robert said. "It could be part of some sort of defense system, I suppose."

"Possibly, but it seems to me that you design a cage to hold someone you've captured. If you're a wizard, you'd think that a killing curse is far less messy and less time consuming," Edward said. "If I were creating such a thing, I'd be doing it to detain my enemy. To either torture them or to ransom them..."

"Or to buy time," Michael said. "It's impressive as heck, though."

"It certainly is. You wouldn't need more than one or two of them for a whole country of wizards to be intimidated enough to want to not mess with you much," Robert said.

"Ah, yes. The rumor of the superweapon," Michael said. Robert was silent for a long moment. "What are you thinking?"

"I'm thinking I want to go back down and look for more," Robert said.

"You should deal with the one you have before you go get more," Edward said. "It was created by forging. Titanium would need to be destroyed by smelting."

"Well, I'm sorry. I don't happen to carry smelting equipment in my pocket," Robert sighed. "Back up plan?"

"Take the crystals out to strip it of its power. Then, to destroy the ring, find a werewolf with a sledgehammer and a grudge?" Edward shrugged. "Should be harmless once the crystals are removed."

"Now, that I can do," Robert said.

"No, no, no," Michael said. "I'm the jewel thief. If anyone is going to tinker with stones or crystals and removing them, that's gonna be me."

"And if it tries to kill you?"

"It will," Edward said.

"Then bring the werewolf with the sledgehammer anyway," Michael said. "Look, I know gems. This is something I can do."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:13 am

Brant stood looking from man to the nest " wow wow there, isn't there any other option other then to break it?" he asked still holding his hands up. " not to question but wouldn't it be better to learn who built it first?" he said but he quickly stepped back and placed his bottle back in his bag to stand quietly with them.

He heard them mention Jack and chuckled knowing he would indeed get the job done should the need arise. "You want I should get him now, just to be on stand by?" he asked looking at them both hoping he ahd not just put his foot in his mouth once more.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 am

"I don't know how we'd find who built it," Edward said. "The possibilities are endless. It could be anyone in the last millennium or so--from the time that rune language was created. So, that doesn't narrow it down a lot."

"Its been underwater a long, long time," Michael said. "It's aged underwater, but its impossible to say exactly how much. And it wouldn't take much to cover up signs of it being moved on the sea floor."

"More than likely, whoever created it, set it there as a trap and then, over time, it was forgotten about," Edward said.

"Don't go for Jack until I know whether or not I can get the crystals out without anyone else getting killed," Michael said, studying the crystals intently.

"How do we help?" Robert asked.

"Just get the hell out of my way," he said quietly, focused. He drew out a small penlike tool and disassembled it to reveal some tiny tools that he resized to suit his needs. He worked very carefully, finding the crystals to be very, very sensitive and easily aggravated. He moved slowly, to try to not cause them to fire. After the first crystal, he seemed to figure out how to remove them, and the rest went easier.

He put them carefully on the floor together, away from the ring. When he had them all removed and he set the last one up against the first one, all of a sudden the glow from them went out.

"Well, I'll be," Edward frowned.

"They're part of a whole," Robert said. "Apart, they're deadly. Together, they're reassembled and diffused."

"Exactly," Edward said. "I can take those now. I'll take them to an alchemist I know who can destroy them now without risk. I think you're free to have the werewolf break up the ring just to be safe that its nothing more than scrap."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:40 am

Brant stood and watched Michael at work he was skillful in his task and very methodical in his approach " remind me to change the locks on the villa front door would you." he said jokingly. He then stepped back watching in awe as the stones refused together as one. " interesting" He said simply then smiled " is he the one whose shop is behind diagon alley?" Brant asked " he's really good, I get some ingredients for my potions from him too" he said as he noted down in his book what had happened and th color of the light that had come from it as they had fused back as one stone.

Brant nodded when Michael said he could get Jack to break the metal ring. "Can I say, it was an honer to watch you work." he said to him then dove off to get Jack who still stood in the corner of the room looking at Jess.

" Michael wants you Jack to destroy the ring trap thing."He said and Jack nodded he moved into the hold and looked at them both.

"You wanted me for something distructive?"he asked and looked at the stoneless ring in front of him..
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 99 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 73 ... 99  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top