Guilty or Not Guilty
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Guilty or Not Guilty Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Guilty or Not Guilty

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Guilty or Not Guilty Empty Guilty or Not Guilty

Post by Mary Mist Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:44 am

So I was talking to Kitty about having a trial for Henry to see if he is guilty or not guilty for the capture and torture of Hallie Rookwood - if you're not familiar check out skeletons in the closet in borgin and burkes Wink

I feel like it could be fun for plotting, it'd give characters relationships with people they may not know, such as Hallie will certainly have a disliking towards Scorpius seeing as he is Henry's lawyer. Plus Ive noticed there hasn't been any wizengamot action in a while. Of course I think I'd need their permission seeing as I would need their involvement.

PLUS it can create for on the spot roleplaying after all the characters have gave statements, had questions fired at them blah blah blah as to whether he is guilty or not guilty. Either way I have plans for Hallie and Henry.

Is anybody interested?
Anybody got any ideas?
PS: Is this even allowed?!

HAPPY NEW YEAR
Mary Mist
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Guilty or Not Guilty Empty Re: Guilty or Not Guilty

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:59 am

Well, you know that Scorpius is in.
Kat-Car might even show up if a trial happens, now that she can walk around without having to worry about the law enforcement going after her. ;D
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:55 am

I'm not necessarily opposed to it, RJ, but a couple of things.

First, he'd have to be tried on the right charge. So we'd have to review that before we set up a trial, and we need to coordinate with Wizengamot members.

Plus, a Wizengamot trial does not work like most traditional court room trials that "we muggles" think of. You might want to refresh yourself a bit, if you need to, with the trial of Karkaroff in the book and of Harry's own hearing for underage magic. And--even how we are forced to translate Rowlings designs to PA is sometimes different again out of necessity.

In a RL American courtroom, for example, the activity is purposefully restrained to, pretty much, the verbal interaction of the prosecutor and the defense, with some witness involvement but even that is heavily controlled by courtroom statute.

We've had to deliberately try to work for a looser setting, closer to Rowlings informal setting, because the more structured we make the hearings, the fewer opportunities it gives to everyone who'd like to rp in those. The more casual it is, the more chances it gives a whole list of folks to join in.

So, I'll try to review the thread for charges, but we also need to see if we can gather the necessary folks for a quorum on the Wizengamot. In the meantime, we'll keep track of how involved other members are able to be in a trial.

Does that help for now?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22561
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Yeah that helps loads Smile
I don't mind it being more casual and the longer it drags out the more annoyed Hallie would be and I'm up for that haha

I haven't rp'd in a trial or within the wizengamot before so I'll just take your word as golden Razz

Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:10 pm

oh, god, don't do that. that just sounds really scary! hey, btw, is hallie interested in being a full fledged auror now, instead of a trainee?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Hahaha!

And yeah sure why not Razz She will just need time off the more physical tasks and probably do the admin stuff for a month or so because she's about to have her leg amputated and will need to get used to the prosthetic. But once she's fully up and mobile count her in Razz

Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:36 pm

If we do this, we have a witness in Lily Potter, and I've been on the Wizengamot before so I could offer Claire up as a member. I don't think you could pay Jack to do it again. XD
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:42 pm

oooh. I like it.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:10 pm

I know the ins and outs of a trial, having written the guidelines myself XD

Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 249
Occupation : Wizengamot Member, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, Unspeakable

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:40 pm

its nice to have so much experience. it seems like a lot of the time we're doing our best to make things as realistic as we can, so its nice to have people with a good foundation.

I have a little experience. I've spent lots of hours in courtrooms and trials. its not british law, but the basic tenets are the same, in a lot of ways.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top