Skeletons In The Closet
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Skeletons In The Closet Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Skeletons In The Closet

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Skeletons In The Closet Empty Skeletons In The Closet

Post by Henry Yewbeam Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:05 am

Day One: Sunday 22nd December

CRACK! Henry had landed on the doorstep of Borgin and Burkes, the place where he knew would be best to keep his target. Not wanting to draw attention the death eater quickly pushed Hallie in through the door, not caring that she fell to the floor, then bolted the door behind them. He'd planned to leave the door unlocked, Henry couldn't have been messing around unlocking a door with a hostage in tow. Especially a hostage by the name of Hallie Rookwood.

'What on earth are you doing?' Hallie yelled, rubbing her head where it had come into contact with the stone floor. She had no idea what had just happened, it had been rather sudden. One minute the blonde had been walking in the snow, chatting pleasantly with Maura and the next she'd been disarmed and apparated to some - judging by the masks and dark objects hanging from the Walls - a shop devoted to the dark arts.

Grasping hold of a shelf besides her she pushed up from the floor. BOOM! Henry had blasted Hallie across the room and smashing her into the counter. 'Shut up.' He spat, glaring down into her blue eyes. Those blue eyes had once been a haven of happiness, his oasis in Hogwarts, and now all he saw was pain. It pained Henry too look down into those familiar blue eyes, reminding him of all the mistakes he'd done to land himself working in Borgin and Burkes. If you'd asked Henry what he'd be doing after he finished Hogwarts three years ago there was only one answer you'd expect: A pro Quidditch player. Instead, he was addicted to sugar, scraping by in life working at Borgin and Burkes whilst he undertook his first duty as a death eater.

'Don't tell me-' Hallie began, breathing heavily as she forced herself up, '-To shut up!' Henry wasn't expecting it. Hallie had ran straight at him, her fingers bared and aiming for his throat. She was attacking him, after everything she'd already done to him. In the nick of time he'd caught her arms, wrestled them away as she fought to be free from his presence. If this had taken place in any shop but Knockturn Alley passers by would have stopped and peered through the window, however this was Knockturn Alley and a few screams weren't anything to get involved in.

WHAM! Henry had rammed Hallie's into the fire-grate, letting her crumple to the floor.

CRACK! Just as she'd attempted to stand once more he'd stood on her ankle, no doubt causing a breakage. Hallie wasn't going anywhere. Henry was finally optimistic about life since joining the death eaters. At long last he'd been reunited with people like him, welcomed into a new social circle and Hallie Rookwood wasn't going to ruin his life again.

'Come on!' He grunted, pocketing his wand and grasping her by the arm whilst she wailed and continued to fight against him. Henry, however, wasn't the light build of a seeker anymore. He'd added muscle to his bones, worked on his strength and Hallie wasn't going to easily break free from his clutches.

Henry led her into the back room, past the hob and towards the staircase. Silencing Hallie's screams for help Henry yanked the trainee Auror up a narrow wooden staircase that led to the top floor. There he withdrew his wand, pointed it at a trapdoor above him and.

'Agh!' Hallie had rammed her entire body weight into his leg, knocking him down and scrambling over his body to reach the wand that had fell from his grip. Once again the pair were engaged in a brawl. In the case of Hallie it was a brawl for survival. Who knows what plans Henry had for her, she'd never seen him in such a state. Henry Yewbeam was no longer the boy she knew, something that unnerved her.

'STOP IT!' Henry bellowed, grasping her by the head and battering it against the wall. Then. Hallie's world fell silent...
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 114
Special Abilities : Apparation

Back to top Go down

Skeletons In The Closet Empty Re: Skeletons In The Closet

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:07 am

Day Two - Monday 23rd December

Her head hurt. She'd dreamt about Toby and her Mother. The three of them had gone to Godric's Hollow for the day, just like old times. The past five years neither Amelia nor Hallie had stepped foot in Godric's Hollow. It was a place that their family annually visited, that was until their family had been torn apart by death eaters and werewolves. Now, however, it had been repaired. Another piece had been superglued to the puzzle of their broken family.

Her ankle hurt. Hallie was beginning to come round, slightly dazed about what had happened. She attempted to open her eyes but, for some reason, she couldn't. Her entire body felt frozen as though in a state of rigor mortis. That couldn't be the case. Rigor Mortis was what happened to the body after death, muscles remained in a fixed position. Stiffened. No. Hallie was definitely alive, she could feel a slight draft brushing lightly against her face. Wait. That wasn't a draft, no natural air smelt of cigarettes.

Hallie screamed as she opened her eyes, pushing her hands on the floor to crawl back. Clunk. Now she couldn't move. Her wrists were bound by chains that coiled around two beams of what appeared to be an old attic. A beam of light filtered through a dust-coated skylight, falling untidily on an equally dusty wooden floor.

The man who'd recently had his face on hers stepped back into the light. She didn't recognise him, nor his voice. Where on earth was she? What was going on? Had her dream about going to Godric's Hollow with Toby and her Mum been, in fact, reality? Instead this was some twisted nightmare?

'I'm impressed Yewbeam. Who knew you'd pull it off, and for your first duty too!' Hallie didn't recognise the voice that belonged to the man either. Although, there was something. Yewbeam. Surely not? Had, had Henry abducted her from her walk in Godric's Hollow with Maura? No. That didn't make sense at all, it couldn't have been but-

'She was a bit of a handful though.' Henry muttered, now joining his companion in the spotlight.

'You-' Hallie gasped, before wincing at the pain from her broken ankle. 'What are you doing? Who's he? Why am I here? Wait, Maura, what about Maura?'

'You've got a chatty one here!' The mystery man joked, kneeling down to be eye level with Hallie once again. 'It's a shame, I prefer my girls to groan rather than gab.'

Hallie spat in the man's face, nobody spoke to her like that. She wasn't some 'girl' she was, dare she think it, a Rookwood. And Rookwood's weren't weak girls that were chained up in their ex-boyfriends attics. THUMP! Her rudeness had earned her a smack in the face as the man stood up, returning to Henry's side.

'Are you going to let her do that!?' He growled. 'She spat in my face the little B****!'

'She never was one to show respect , Drakes.' Henry replied, glaring down at Hallie distain ridden through every cell in his iris. How could he be doing this? What was he doing? Surely he'd gotten over her by now? This couldn't be revenge from when Hallie broken up with him a year and a half ago?

'What do you want? Henry-'

'Don't say my name.' He spat, raising his wand and aiming it directly at Halle. 'Crucio!'

He meant it, he meant every ounce of pain that curse could cause. It was because of Hallie he was in the dark place he was today. She'd gave up on him, led him to ruin his flying career, abandoned him and left him to become a sugar addict with a growing interest in the dark arts.

Performing dark magic changed a person. It made them mental unstable, or at least it had done to Henry. He was once a boy full of hope, life and laughter. Even he had forgotten his last laugh, the last time he'd had hope. Although now his hope was creeping back into his life. Henry was hopefully he could prove himself, be the bold person he was. The sales assistant was hopeful that joining the death eaters would return him to the happy place he had once been.

With a wave of his wand Henry lifted the curse, bringing silence to the room once more as Hallie's screeches came to a stop. Not long was it before the silence was broken. Drakes had burst into a laughing fat, pointing at Hallie asking Henry to perform the curse again.

'Let me be here! Please let me be here when you kill her!' Drakes cried, falling to the floor and banging his fists.

Henry hadn't thought about that part. He knew the murder would have to come, it's prove his loyalty to the death eaters but murder? To kill Hallie would further rip his soul. Henry was continuously constricted by the darkest of arts but stone cold murder? He may have lost the chivalry he'd once had but it was still there, buried inside him... Somewhere.

'Y-you're going to k-kill me?' Hallie whispered, a lump rising rapidly in her throat. This was how her life was going to end, in a crazy ex-boyfriends attic? Things had been going great. She'd finally recovered from her injuries the night she fell from Gryffindor Tower, her family had been put back together and she was starting to believe Theodore was a good match for her. A great match in fact.

'I'm going to play with my food for a bit first, then, I'll... I'll.' Henry couldn't say it. The words kill you wouldn't leave his mouth, not that they needed to Drakes had finished his sentence for him.

'-Then he'll kill you. I really underestimated you Yewbeam, when you first joined the death eaters I-'

'Death eaters?' Hallie spluttered, still feeling weary from the torture curse. 'After what they did to me? After they killed my Father you're-'

Henry raised his wand, he'd attempted to zone out her annoying voice but why bother when a wand can do just that: 'Crucio!'
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 927
Special Abilities : Non-Verbal Magic, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:56 am

Day Three - Tuesday 24th December

It had been a busy day in work. For some reason it appeared, with the closing of Borgin and Burkes on Christmas day, that there were still wizards and witches desperate to do dealings of some sort. Whether it be selling an old death eater mask so they had more money for last minute gifts or if it were to buy a creeping artifact for a creepy friend Henry had been rushed off of his feet. An unusual feat. The death eater hadn't had time for a spot of sugar or worse, check on his victim.

A brown paper twist of sugar in one, and a rolled up piece of paper in the other, Henry unbolted the attic door and entered, greeted by the disheveled sight of Hallie Rookwood chained in the corner. If it wasn't for the fact he knew she was there Henry would have had a hard time spotting him. The skylight was no longer doing it's job now that it was covered in snow. Placing the bag of sugar onto an upturned crate Henry scratched a match against it's box and lit a candle.

Hallie didn't wake. Clearly the torturing he'd given her the previous day had left a mark, a powerful mark. She was still conked out. Now Henry couldn't be having that, he needed her to be relatively fit, he needed to showcase her before the death eaters and...

'Wake up.' He grunted. No reply. WHAM! Henry had smacked her head against a low beam, which was followed by a sudden whimper as Hallie battled her eyelids to open. Before she could answer questions Henry reached for a slice of untouched bread he'd left for her and attempted to force feed her. It was difficult, Hallie didn't want the bread. She attempted to kick Henry away, bite his fingers as he rammed the food down her throat - for which she received another smack in the face. Blood trained from her broken nose.

'Why?' Hallie gasped as Henry moved to sit besides the crate where the candle was lit. 'Why are du doing dis?' The blonde croaked through her nosebleed.

Henry ignored her, for a moment his eyes diverted back to her. Her hair was dirty, greasy in parts. The ankle that had broken seemed to have gone scabby and the blood had dried around the bone protruding from her. She wasn't a pretty sight. Her face was bruised and bleeding and her eyes, those blue eyes, looked as though they'd been to hell and back.

'Henwy! Why are du doing dis do me?' Continuing to ignore her blubber Henry untwisted the paper bag and tore the edges to flattened it out revealing blue sprinkles. There was no more than an ounce but it was enough for Hallie to see twinkling in the candle light.

Lining the sugar up Henry placed the rolled up piece of paper at the starting line, lowered his head and- 'No! Stop! W-what are do doing?' Henry lifted his head up, his eyebrows quivering. 'That's stupid! Henry don't plwease!'

'Now you care?' Henry asked with a chuckle. He continued to laugh, glaring Hallie in the eye. Standing up her headed to where she was, continuing to laugh. However his laugh wasn't the fun, playful laugh Hallie could remember. It was broken, deep, pain filled. 'NOW YOU CARE?' He shouted in her face, yanking her scarf from around her neck and wiping her blood away from where it was dripped into her mouth.

'If only you cared when I needed you after we broke up, when I lost Quidditch captaincy, when I started to use. If only you'd cared then!' Henry spat, hitting his fist on one of the beams as he returned towards his blue delight. His blood was boiling, at long last his held up angst and rage was finally coming out of him as he began to experience a low from the lack of sugar throughout the day.

'Henry!' Hallie said, tears brimming in her eyes. 'Henry I-'

'Oh shut up!' He hissed, sitting himself back down and raising the rolled up paper to the starting line. However he didn't snort. 'You never cared did you? Suspect you listened to Maura, took her dumb advice to ig-'

'Where's MAURA?' Hallie yelled suddenly, cutting Henry off. She didn't care enough to argue with Henry. The last she remembered was of Maura being attacked by Henry and his dark curses. She needed to be safe. She had to be safe. 'Tell me where Maura is right now or-'

'Oh pipe down!' Henry heaved. 'We don't care about that vampire B****.' But before Hallie could correct Henry on Maura's condition Henry continued, 'She's safe, I think. None of us have any interest in her, it's you they want dead!'

'Who's we?' Hallie asked, already knowing that he mean't the death eater's.

'Why me?' What have I done?'

'Stop asking questions.' Henry muttered.

'No! Tell me what the hell you're-' Although Hallie's words were cut off. A cocktail of lack of sugar and built of rage expelled from Henry. He grasp the bag of sugar, ran at Hallie and poured it into her mouth, causing her to momentarily suffocate on the bag before, finally, he removed it.

'That should keep you quiet.'
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Thu Dec 26, 2013 5:37 am

Day 4. Wednesday 25th December
Christmas Day

Her head felt heavy, as though she'd been walking on water for hours then suddenly sunk to the seabed, like an anchor had been dropped in her mind. Hallie was coming out of the high, or she had came out of it a while back. Either was she was waking up, unaware of the sugar she'd ingested.

The attic was dark and cold. Her ankle felt as though it was rotting away, the broken nose was a continuous causation of pain and Hallie was pretty sure Henry had fractured her cheekbone. The physical pain after plummeting from Gryffindor Tower was none to this. That had been a mere seven, five thanks to Sophia, but this. This ongoing, excruciating concoction of every pain possible was verging towards a ten. She couldn't stay here any longer. She wouldn't.

With all her might she yanked at the chains constricting her movement. They clattered and clanged but it was no use. If only she'd been fastened around her waist, at least she'd still have her arms and hands to set her free all she had were her legs and that was no use as her left ankle was broken.

Hallie kicked the floor in frustration, tears brewing once again along her bottom eyelid. How could she have let this happen to her? She was starving, thirsty, cold. How could Theodore, Maura or her Mother not found her? She'd lost track of what day it was but surely someone else had noticed? Why hadn't anyone come to rescue her! It. Just. Wasn't. Fair! CRASH! Hallie had slammed her injured leg through the floor in pain, her ankle crushing as it was splintered by the shards of wood that sunk deep into her.

A scream emitted from her mouth. Or had it? Nobody was around to hear her scream. If someone makes a sound but nobody is around to hear how do they know if they made a sound. What if it was all in their head, a figment of their imagination.

Hallie let out a low sob as she lay her body down, resting her head on her hard, dust-coated floor. Her eyelids slowly shuttering. She needed to sleep. There was no use wasting her energy trying to figure a way out. She had no wand so couldn't apparate, a bad ankle, a trapped leg. Hallie was well a truly stuck. Perhaps if she closed her eyes she'd dream, enter a world where she was back in Godric's Hollow with Maura. Happy. Maybe, if she was lucky, she'd die mid dream. That way, this nightmare would be over.

Later that day Henry comes in and says, 'I was going to be polite, let you have a bit of proper food whilst it's christmas but instead you'll be having nothing!
Hallie like let me out and he says no and pulls her, tying her feet up, gives her water then repairs the floor best he can
Hallie is like goes on a rant about how he won't say anything how he changed and how he stooped so low that you're a sugar addicted death eater working in a dark arts store because you're life has sunk so low
Henry casts muffliato and says 'Oh and you're life's so perfect is it? With you're perfect husband and your perfect family and you're perfect hair.' hair. He then burns her hair and ruins it before smaking her head out
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:19 am

Day 5. Thursday 26th December.

It was five past eight and Henry had arrived to Borgin and Burkes early. His parents weren't too happy at his place of work, and that he was working almost ever hour under the sun lately, but at least he had a job. He could give them the rent money that they asked for. It could be worse, they said, he could be a sugar addict working at Borgin and Burkes.

Sugar wasn't the only secret he kept from his parents. Henry had a few other skeletons in his closet, or skeletons in the attic would be more accurate. His parents also believed that Borgin and Burkes was due for opening at half past eight not ten o clock owing to the fact it was Boxing Day. Henry needed to arrive early, he needed to check on Hallie. Yesterday had been too difficult to escape his parents gaze. Heading into work on Christmas Day would be suspicious and he could hardly use the 'visiting-a-friend' excuse. Henry had no friends. He was a loner.

Withdrawing his wand he tapped the trapdoor above, pulling down the ladder that led into the attic of Borgin and Burkes. Clambering up he scratched another match, lit the candle and tossed the used matchstick into the pile of already extinguished ones. The room was once again filled with an orange glow that, for a change, caused Hallie to open her eyes, wincing in pain.

'What did you do?' Henry asked, her eyes caught on the floor where her already injured leg had battled through, dangling into the room below. It was a good job nobody lived in Borgin and Burkes otherwise the occupant in the empty bedroom below would have had a Christmas present they would rather exchange for a bag of coal.

'You tried to escape?' Henry asked, crouching to Hallie's eye level. 'You did didn't you.'

Spfft! Hallie spat right into Henry's face, pure hate pouring from her eyes. She'd laid down and waited for death to come, waited for this torture to be over but it wasn't. The only way it would be over is if she fought against it, even if she died trying. Hallie wasn't going to roll over like a dog to anybody, especially Henry Yewbeam.

Once again a hard fist rammed into Hallie's abdomen, winding her. 'You stupid mutt.' Henry barked as he walked across the room to find a rope, ignoring her gasps for air. 'I was going to give you some leftover turkey from Christmas dinner yesterday, but for that I think it'll be moldy bread again.' Henry told her whilst rummaging around a crate. 'Here.'

Hallie froze. Yesterday was Christmas Day, which mean't today was Boxing Day. The day she'd planned to return to Godric's Hollow with Toby and her Mum - whom neither had come to rescue her yet. How had they not figured out she was here, Maura had seen Henry. Then again, Maura didn't know where Henry worked... That was no excuse, the magical law department should surely have visited his parents, put up wanted posters, tracked him down by now! Unless. Unless something had happened to Maura.

'Where's Maura?' Hallie questioned, not noticing that Henry was tying up her good leg to a nearby beam with the rope.

'How should I know?'

'You cursed her! You said you weren't interested in her, you-'

'We're not! That's why I don't know where she is or how she's doing.' Henry replied, clamping his two hands around Hallie's leg. 'Mr Rookwood is only interested in you.'

Mr Rookw- 'Ahhhh!' Hallie screamed, smacking her head against the low-sloped ceiling, as Henry pulled leg out from the floorboards. Her ankle was bad, really bad. It had turned a funny brown colour and wooden splinters had lacerated her skin.

'Looks infected.' Henry muttered, letting it go with a thud.

'What did you say?' Hallie said.

'Looks-'

'Before that.'

The blue eyes that had lost all hope were now burning with fire, the embers had roared into a raging firework shooting flaming daggers at Henry. He'd mentioned Mr Rookwood, which could mean either Theodore's brother, father or Grandfather was behind this. Unless... Surely not. Surely Theodore wouldn't be the one paying for Hallie's death? Maybe he was. Had Hallie read him all wrong? Was he so hurt about being cut off, so angry at Hallie's bloodline that he was going to have off with her to reclaim his place in the Rookwood household.

'What did you say about Mr Rookwood!' It was no longer a question but a demand.

'Nothing. Forget I mentioned it.'

'No tell me-'

'SHUT UP!' Henry roared, stamping on Hallie's infected ankle. If you were to have listened carefully another crack would have been heard, however, the sudden screech emitted from Hallie's mouth had masked it, camouflaged the further breakage.

'Y-you changed. Y-you were so go-good.' Hallie gasped, withering her arms and rocking her head from side to side whilst biting her lip to fight the pain. 'But now you're an addict! A low life, good for nothing bastard death eater, working in some crummy shop!'

'Because you're life is so perfect?' Henry cried back at her, her lip trembling along with his eyebrows. 'I loved you! I cared for you! But you let me drown, you never helped me when I needed you! And now you have the cheek to call me?' Henry paused. 'It's ALL YOUR FAULT!'

He plunged a hand into his pocket, pulling out a familiar paper twist. 'Your life is so perfect. With your perfect job and your perfect friends and your perfect husband. Well... Good for you!'

Grasping the candle in his free hand he held it in front of Hallie's face, allowing her see the blue powder that glistened in the paper bag. 'Maybe you should consider what you broke before you act like your life is so perfect.' There was silence for a moment whilst the pair, the ex-lovers, glared with hatred into each others eyes. Then...

Another scream. Henry had planted the candle into the hole in Hallie's broken ankle, fixing it tightly within the bone fragments, hot wax singing away her flesh. Oblivious to her screams he untied the paper twist, held it in the air before him and tipped the contents into the back of his throat.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hallie Cooper Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:22 am

Day 6. Friday 27th December

This was Theodore's fault. It must be Theodore who Henry had mean't by 'Mr Rookwood.' Her husband would have spoken to Maura, figured out who the culprit was unless he already knew Henry was the abductor. That was the only explanation as to why he hadn't rescued her. He wanted her dead so he could run along back to the Rookwood manor and return to his seat on the Wizengamot. Unless he just didn't care and 'Mr Rookwood' mean't Thaddeus. 

Groaning, Hallie lifted her head from the floor. It was a struggle. Her entire body felt withered and weak, her legs was a mess. That is the only way it could be described: a mess. Not only did she have a broken ankle, wood fragments puncturing her skin and an infections the blown out candle was still held in position. The hot wax had melted through her flesh, burning her nerve endings to a state that she could no longer feel pain. Although it was refreshing for Hallie she knew it couldn't be a bad thing. 

'Go back to sleep.' She heard Henry mutter, returning a water bottle to the crate where a lantern was lit. How polite of him not using the candle embedded into her anatomy. That explained what had woken Hallie, Henry had watered her and was now heading towards the trapdoor to leave. 

'Stay?' Hallie groaned. The blonde wasn't entire sure why she was asking for Henry's company. It wasn't a surprise that she would be craving some sort of social interaction but to ask her torturer to keep her company was a toe across the line. Yet, she was lonely. Sure Hallie now despised the man but arguing with him, listening to his yells, being hit or cursed was much better than the times alone. The times where she relieved all the bad things that had happened to her: Her father's death, the werewolf attack, Toby's funeral, Maura's torture, being mugged. 

'Now you want me?' Henry spat in angst. 'Now you're feeling down, lost and lonely you want me? Screw that.' And with that Henry left. No smack in the head, no burning, no cruciatus curse. Nothing. Gone without a trace. 

At least he'd left the lantern lit even if there was nobody else in the room to see Hallie's tears. 
Hallie Cooper
Hallie Cooper
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 pm

Day 7. Saturday 28th December

It wasn't long until he would present Hallie's dead body to the death eaters. He had until the new year. Time was ticking. Henry had held her captive for seven days now and the death eaters still hadn't said those two words, the two words that could end the worry he was under. Yet, for some reason he couldn't do it. Henry couldn't kill, not just Hallie, but in general. He wasn't a killer. A fan of the dark arts, yes, but a killer? No.

Henry had made it his goal to avoid Hallie for a few days, hope she would starve to death, her infection would spread or something of that sort. However the only thought that haunted him throughout his day at work was that there could be a dead body upstairs. Could be. If he knew for certain it'd be just as scary but at least Henry would know. A cold hard fact.

Hatred had reached an all time high since Hallie had asked her torturer to stay. All the times he had needed her, the time he had even returned to her for help, the times when he had admited his wrong to have her back and she'd shrugged him off her shoulder as though he were a bug. Hallie had laid down the pesticide and forgotten about him. An insignificant memory faded into fog. Now the tables had turned and Henry was going to treat her exactly how she'd treated him. Ignoring her was his ultimate mission, until of course he would kill her.

Soon. He'd told himself. Henry could tortured her, curse her, infect her with poison but killing her would be a disservice to the angst he felt. To simply wipe away the stain and take away the pain wasn't noble to himself. It would make him a coward and, although the bravery that once burnt inside of him was slowly dying it wasn't extinguished. Henry was many things but a coward wasn't one of them.

Alas the clock behind the counter striked twelve. Lunch time. Usually Henry would have changed the sign from 'open' to 'closed', headed into the back and taken his sugar. Today a different sensation ran through his veins. It was time.

'Wake up.' Henry commanded, nudging Hallie with his foot. 'Wake up.' No response.

For Gods sake. Pulling his wand out from his robes Henry pointed it directly between the sleeping eyes of his hostage. 'Crucio!' The moment he'd finished the word Hallie'd erupted into a screaming fit, a scream that excited Henry. Adrenalin gushed through his blood vessels, weaved in and out of his nerves and exploded in a thrilling firework within his beating heart. All the hurt Hallie had caused, all the pain he'd felt was finally unleashed and it was refreshing.

This episode of torture ended as Hallie's body collapsed to the floor. Her mind was elsewhere and her eyelids closed, but her body continued to wither. Had... Had he killed her? Had the anger and hatred alone silence Hallie Rookwood at long last?

Dropping his wand Henry crouched down. A pulse. She was still there but only just.

The sudden outburst of emotion Henry had experienced in combination with the silenced screaming had done it. Hallie had experienced pain beyond what Henry could have imagined. They were equal and now. Now he would kill her, even if it ripped his soul.

During his seventh year, when everyone had given up their hope on Henry he'd spent many hours in the restricted section. The dark arts section. The Gryffindor had learnt how killing is a sin, the darkest of all magic and it ruins a person. He didn't want to kill Hallie but he was ready. Ready to have his conscience torn in two. It was scary, the thought of killing her, a stone cold murder but he was a Gryffindor. Even if Henry had lost everything that it mean't to be Gryffindor he wasn't going to shy away from this, tomorrow Henry would take Hallie to the death eaters, show them the results of her torture and then two words: Avada Kedavra.

Last edited by Henry Yewbeam on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:02 am

A heavy fog surrounded Spinner’s End: a constant feature that was a throwback from its days as a factory town. The building around which the back-to-back terraced houses had been built in the late-Victorian period had long since expelled its last belch of smoke but it seemed to still hover and the moths lingered as black as the night sky. It was a place that, upon his arrival, Theodore Rookwood found he never wanted to trespass again. His heart yearned for a breath of fresh air and the golden glow of the sunshine in the countryside. Yet he persisted beneath the mire, brushing his way through the winding, narrow streets until he found the door he was looking for: 142.

The man who opened the door arrested Theodore with simultaneously a look of fear and of admiration. The robes he’d worn were ostentatious as per usual but weren’t as striking as his usual attire. They were dark with an emerald trim and an ashen-cum-coal travelling cloak hung around his shoulders, clasped at his throat with a snake broach that was studded with emeralds and a ruby for its eye. The man straightened up, glancing at the signet ring on Theodore’s right hand that bore the bird and the chess piece for which his family were named. In that instance he seemed to think twice about letting Theodore in but that lapse was enough time and at once he was inside.

The Rookwood man had always been beneath threatening people. What he made were promises. When he drew his wand and spoke it was not a half-hearted threat to execute in cold blood the Yewbeam’s wife but a promise and the green spark that began to glow at the end of his wand was proof enough of Theodore’s intensions. However, unluckily for Paul Yewbeam, he didn’t know what it was that Theodore wanted to know exactly. The batter for the cakes Pansy had been making had slid from her grasp and was staining her carpet, a piece of glass from the bowl also having reached out to cut at her foot when it shattered.

Information was what Theodore demanded: anything about their son. At once, Paul Yewbeam stuttered out all he knew, rattling off largely useless bits of trivial knowledge about the young man which did little to ease Theodore’s temper. His grip affirmed itself on his wand and the green glow began to grow, the words tripping over eagerly onto his tongue, Pansy’s eyes beginning to reflect the colour of the Killing Curse he’d cast upon her if something, anything didn’t become a useful feature for him.

Borgin and Burke’s saved Pansy Yewbeam’s life.

Theodore whipped his wand back and forward once more, Pansy’s screams rising into the air at his movement. Nothing happened though. No magic crackled forth to his target and Theodore stood, his eyebrows rising a little as the quaking woman looked out from behind her hands. Despite himself he chuckled and shook his head, tempted to return his wand to his pocket. However, the element of surprise was paramount so when he moved his wand again, he immobilised the pair and from there he set about adjusting their memories so that even if they would’ve considered it prudent they would have a whit to report to their son.

With a crack, Theodore apparated out of Spinner’s End and straight into the betting shop that was snuggled in between a dingy café and a wand handle shop in the heart of Knockturn Alley. Theodore’s gaze immediately settled on the Death Eater that he knew he’d find and he tore the fat lump of a man off of the chair before the roulette machine he so delighted in pouring his galleons into. Like a squealing pig the man cried and never as loud as he did when Theodore slammed him up against the wall, holding him up off of the floor, choking him by the scruff of his collar.

“Tell me, Yaxley, what do I have to do to get information round here?”

Despite the inferiority of his position, Yaxley smiled, great rotting teeth on show for Theodore’s benefit. To his credit, the pompous Rookwood did not flinch, his grip merely tightened on the man as his colouring began to dash closer to purple than anything regarding health.

“Misplaced your wife, Rookwood. How careless.” Yaxley bit back with a hollow chuckle as, again, Theodore’s grip tightened.

“Tell me about Yewbeam, Yaxley, or the Death Eaters will have to fish you out of the Thames if your wife wants something to bury.”

Yaxley didn’t seem to believe him and an arrogant expression unwisely crossed his features. Theodore knew then that Yaxley didn’t have anything to say to him. He knew about as much as Theodore did on that front. The Rookwood dropped Yaxley unceremoniously onto his fat arse, dust exploding from the creaking floorboards upon impact. Theodore whipped out his wand and poked it between Yaxley’s eyes, as though the man needed any further coaxing to give Theodore something, anything, to work on.

“Death Eaters don’t tell me nothin’ these days, lad. Don’t know why you’re both’rin’ to be honest with yah. Quick way out of that sham of a marriage of yours, eh, her death.”

Theodore chuckled humourlessly. “Is it?” He inquired. “Crucio.”

The silence that had overwhelmed the betting shop exploded and shattered into a pieces as Yaxley’s screams took to their ears. His writhing, ridiculous lump of a body did nothing to soothe the rage Theodore felt though he could not deny the feeling of absolute satisfaction at seeing the waste of a human being in such acute pain. However, it did the trick and soon he was crying out for mercy, mercy, anything, I’ll give you anything, just give me mercy.

Theodore ended the spell, drawing his wand away before glancing up over the patrons who had, at his look, returned to their business. Leaning down, Theodore dragged Yaxley up to sit against the wall. The man’s chest heaved, his face the colour of ripe plums as he spluttered out harsh breaths, his nerves jingling his hands this way and that as he fought to take back some of the control that Theodore had stolen from him with the spell.

“Drakes…Drakes is there. Borgin and Burke’s… though you knew that, di’n’t yah, kid?” He wheezed a half-laugh as Theodore nodded and he shook his head. “You are a Death Eater really, aren’t you? More resourceful than me though I’ve spent all Christmas on their tails. Knew something was wrong. We like to watch you Rookwoods. It’s not good enough to have Augustus and Kendall and Athena. You’re an asset, boy, and because you’re now Thaddeus’ little bastard you need a family, don’t you? Yes. We’ve been keeping an eye on your wife ‘specially for your dad. It was me who decided to go looking proper-like for her. I’d call that loyalty wouldn’t you? Loyalty to you.”

Theodore’s eyes widened a little at the sides and Yaxley looked at him, the latter’s breath beginning to return to its wheezy normality. Theodore groped around in the man’s pockets and expelled a packet of cigarettes for him. He lit one, shoving it crudely to Yaxley’s lips before grasping the man’s upper arms.

“What do you mean?” He asked tightly. “What do you mean by that?”

“Loyalty?” Yaxley gruffed, taking the cigarette from his lips and exhaling into Theodore’s face the smoke. The Rookwood thumped Yaxley for his trouble and the latter grunted before nodding. “Daddy Rookwood made his face known at Malfoy Manor, believe it or not. Saw him dump a load of coin down, I did. He’s paid someone. Can only assume it’ll be your boy Yew-wood or whatever. Yewtree? Yewbeam! Him. Try the attic, lad.”

“Borgin never bothered to put in a dungeon?” Theodore asked brusequely.

Yaxley’s bushy eyebrows rose as he exhaled another mouthful of smoke.

“Your dungeon is the way out, nipper. Out through the sewers and you’ll bumble up in the Leaky Cauldron before you know it. Though, that’s only if he’s not there. Likes to play with his meal, that one.”

Theodore hauled Yaxley back to his feet and hurled the man out through the door, onto the street. Into the Knockturn Alley crowds they plunged, weaving up towards Borgin and Burke’s. Yaxley squeaked as he felt Theodore’s wand prod into his back and the two men drew closer to the dilapidated building still absurdly in working order.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” Yaxley stuttered out, bravery failing him as the two reached the mouth of the alley way between Borgin’s and another, indistinct shop building. “You could marry a pretty Pureblood and forget all about this messy business with the Half-Blood and-”

Theodore’s hand clapping Yaxley over the back of the head ended the other man’s sentence.

“She’s my wife.” Theodore told Yaxley, as though the simple enough fact made all the sense in the world.

Yaxley shook his head. “Fine. Look, he’s not in there, Rookwood. He must be upstairs. The attic.”

Theodore nodded and left Yaxley’s side, muttering one last order to stay put. Yaxley nodded and slid into the shadows of the alleyway, watching from afar as ever as Theodore slid into the shop behind a small family. With a word to the mother, however, they exited the shop just as quickly and Theodore scoured the ground floor for people before turning the little card on the door from ‘open’ to ‘closed.’

From there, Theodore moved into the back room, hopping lithely between room to room until he found the staircase and then, wary of the old floorboards, began to climb. He found the second floor with relative ease and following that he also discovered the hatch to the attic. There was little movement on that floor but the floorboards above groaned with minute movement, unable to take the life that seemed to be up there that it had not entertained in decades.

Pulling the hatch would announce Theodore’s presence, this he knew. What he wanted was the element of surprise. What he ideally wanted was an in-and-out job. He wanted to fetch Hallie, take her home to her mother and then go out and hunt the sorry little cretin that had taken a cheap shot at a Rookwood woman. Then, when the boy was floating down the river Thames with Yaxley not far behind him, Theodore would introduce his lady wife either to Dark Magic, protective charms or comfortable living in the country with multiple children and animals to amuse her.

Anything but battles and torture and injury and the paralysing fear that had engulfed him: the fear he’d never see her again.

Pull the hatch, Theodore did.

Magic boosted the wizard up into the attic and he drew his wand once more, pointing it directly at Yewbeam. With a flourish, Theodore threw a slashing curse at the man as the red mist descended and for the first time in a long time, true rage began to fill him. No one would ever have the right to touch his wife. Ever. She was a Rookwood woman, Merlin damn her, and the bastard deserved nothing less than a painful death to pay for every injury he had inflicted upon her. She belonged to Theodore. She belonged to him. She was his as he was hers. No one was allowed to hurt her and after Yewbeam. No one would ever hurt her again. That, Theodore was determined to secure.

He’d start with killing Yewbeam.
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Post by Henry Yewbeam Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:43 am

Breathing heavy Henry stooped over his unconscious victim. For now he'd leave her there, wilted and disheveled whilst her infection crept up towards her knee. Hopefully by tomorrow the infection would have left the bone and entered into her blood, bypassing her vital organs and heading to the mothership of all humans: the heart. To have her die that way would be the cowards way, he could easily claim he'd cast the curse upon her after playing with his meal - which numerous death eaters were aware he was doing just that.

Mr Rookwood had offered more coins the more unrecognisable she was. Of course Hallie needed to be still distinguished. Even if her hair was matted, her nose broken and her skin stained the dark red of dried blood she was still there. Visible beneath the torture. Of course if tomorrow her heart was still beating then Henry would kill her. Two words. All it was was two simply words.

CRASH! Someone had entered. Someone had figured out his hiding place? Who had given Henry's game away? Before the death eater could find out a sudden burning sensation ripped across his body. He toppled over Hallie's mangled body into the very corner of the attic.

Pain seared across his back, indescribable pain. Henry would give anything for the pain not to be there, to have killed Hallie there and then in Godric's Hollow, tossing the unforgivable at Maura too. That B****. It was probably the interfering Hufflepuff that had rattled on him in the first place, given his identity away. If only Henry had cast a memory charm, then again, he couldn't perform one even if he'd have the quick wit to do so.

Fighting the pain Henry rolled over, landing on his elbows and propping himself up to meet his attackers gaze. Those eyes. He knew those eyes. Theodore Rookwood. Although it wasn't his appearances in the Daily Prophet that had Henry aware of the pure blood. Years back, before Hallie had ended their relationship and Henry still played seeker, they had met on the Quidditch Pitch. Theodore had played for Slytherin, jumping from position to position. The Gryffindor and Slytheirn team had always held a rivalry on and off the pitch however the look in Theodore's eyes wasn't the same as a sly jinx he'd had on the Third Floor Corridor.

Gritting his teeth through the pain Henry reached for his wand and held it shakily on Hallie. 'I'll kill her.' He spat, an audible gasp of pain serving as the 'her' in the death eaters threat.
Henry Yewbeam
Henry Yewbeam
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Theodore Rookwood Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:33 pm

The rush of satisfaction ran electric through his veins as he watched the source of all of his anxiety feel some of the pain that Hallie must have endured throughout a season which was designed for goodwill, for rest, for love and for all of those pleasant feelings that were absent for her. He revelled in his rival’s pain and at the sight of it, desired most ardently to repeat it over and over and over again until the man could not quiver his lips enough to voice his regret and his apology – his pleas for mercy which Theodore would rip from him one way or another. He’d give it to him, too, one way or another but it would be a long time before he did.

Theodore’s grip on his wand tightened and he narrowed his eyes, taking stock of all of the places he could take Yewbeam with another cutting curse. His throat. At that little spot where his pulse thudded wildly in that particular little vein that was so vital, so delicate, so easy to slide and part in half, one piece from another, allowing the blood to flow. Merlin, and he’d revel in it too. Perhaps he’d save some as his little prize, a gift for his father. A warning. A promise that he’d drain him too, perhaps, or something better, if he ever dared to touch Hallie again.

“Do it then,” Theodore dared him, steadily despite the wild screaming freight train in his chest telling him his words were insane, ridiculous.

Theodore lowered his wand a little, dropping his arm to the side and checked Yewbeam idly before stepping around, keeping his line, neither moving forward nor backwards.

“You could. Couldn’t you? You’d get your prize wouldn’t you? Gold. Prestige. Poor little Gryffindor.” Theodore smiled and laughed, the whole idea utterly absurd.

“If you kill her, I’ll keep you alive.” Theodore informed him, his voice gentle, bearing a danger to it that was much more menacing to a raised intonation and volume. “I’ll keep you alive until you’re old and grey and your bones fall apart. I’ll keep you in the dark. I’ll keep you in the light. In the cold. In the hot. In the snow. In the rain. In the sun. I’ll keep you alive. You won’t be able to take your last breath and you will feel every ounce of pain she ever felt a thousand times over.”

Theodore brought his wand up again.

“Or, you can let her go and you can have your little flecks of gold and your prestige, silly little lion.”
Theodore Rookwood
Theodore Rookwood
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 389

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top