The Heist - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Heist - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Heist

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Heist - Page 2 Empty Re: The Heist

Post by Robin Ivanov Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:00 am

The plane landed and the pair got out of the airport with no troubles. Robin could feel Audriana's discomfort growing the further into New York they got and for some reason this pleased him. Beyond the practical reasons it felt good to hold the power of their destination and plans in his hand and he found himself increasingly reluctant to give them up. They hailed a taxi and Robin opened the door for her to get in while he threw both of their luggage into the trunk of the yellow car. He clamored in after Audriana to sit beside her in the back and called the directions to the driver. "The St. Regis, please."

They still had several hours left before they would need to get ready for the party but Robin hadn't planned on any sightseeing this afternoon. He hoped to have time to go over the basics his plans with Audriana and in detail with himself. Robin had enough experience with this sort of activity that he shouldn't have been worried but he couldn't help overthink it just a little bit. This wasn't some necklace or imported antiques. It was something his father had very specifically asked for - no, demanded - back from this family. When they hadn't made the deal Robin had become the last resort and the plan was now to take rather than ask.

The cab had started moving along in the light traffic, the midday hour allowing for easy travel. From previous stays Robin knew they should be getting to their hotel before too long and he had become slightly anxious to arrive. Maybe a shower would be in order before the planning would begin. While safer than apperation, planes always made Robin feel a bit dirty and he could only imagine how good the hot water would feel. Besides, not only was tonight important, he had to look good doing it too.
Robin Ivanov

Number of posts : 428

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:29 am

Audriana nearly blanched at his request that they head to a Hotel. Her mouth was hanging open, though Audriana would hope she looked at least slightly graceful about it. Like those muggle movies with an actress who is desperately surprised but still looks lovely. Aud glanced at the driver, who seemed slightly amused by her reaction. What did he think the two of them were, anyways? What was she needed for? Hopefully it was just to help pick something up or play some part for an evening and then they could fly back that night. Her instincts told her that wasn't quite right, though.

Glancing at the driver once more, Aud lowered her voice and hissed at Robin, “Are you mental? A hotel? What the bloody hell -? You had better have an excellent explanation for this, Ivanov.”

The taxi driver let out a low chuckle before catching Audriana's gaze in the mirror. Her glare shut him up rather effectively, she was proud to say. Turning back to Robin, she passed the glare from the front of the car over to him. If he wasn't afraid, he should have been. Robin surely had to have learned by now that Audriana Swan was not someone you wanted to trifle with. Not when she was already angry and still embarrassed about what happened on the plane.

Robin was lucky that Aud had never been to New York, she mused, because the sights were exactly what she had anticipated. Tall, elegant buildings rose above them and though Aud was used to seeing some tall buildings in and around the United Kingdom, it was like these never stopped. Population Density must have been amazingly large in the capital of that state.

She looked over at Robin once more, wondering how many times he had been here. Surely this wasn't his first go-round, if he was so comfortable with all of this. Aud wondered vaguely if he was laughing at her nervousness. Surely he could have said something about what was going on? Or perhaps the hotel room was a cover and simply a place where he could talk without being overheard.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 333

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:28 am

Audriana seemed quite upset with him but Robin couldn't helped and be slightly amused. When she got angry the muscles in her neck and the wrinkles on her forehead twisted into particularly interesting ways and the testiness in her voice always gave him a certain amount of enjoyment. Robin smirked, not missing the look their driver gave them. "Don't make such a fuss, Swan." Robin scolded, the twinkle in his eye growing as her irritation with him did. "Would you rather sleep on the streets?"

- - -

By the time they got to the hotel Robin had sufficiently annoyed Audriana to the point where he suspected that the chances of her falling asleep on him tonight were low to none. The relative tenderness that had existed between the two since the alleyway incident was rapidly being pushed back under the surface. Robin was doing his best to forget those feelings of protection and genuine care for Audriana, they just made everything too complicated for him to deal with. The relationship they had always had - mocking, rivalry, and only ever so slightly flirtatious - was what he understood.

Anything else could be dangerous.

Robin swiped the keycard to their room and the door swung open to reveal a pleasant space, furnished simply but elegantly. For the single night they were staying Robin hadn't gotten a giant suite. If everything went according to plan they wouldn't be spending a lot of time cooped up in the room anyway. It was only now that he noticed the single king bed that dominated the space. When booking he hadn't even considered the fact that they were a party of two. No hotel he had ever stayed in had required separate beds.

"What do you think?" Robin asked, spreading his arms to present the space to Audriana. He would have been prouder of the spectacle before he had visited her home and discovered that little Miss Swan was absolutely rolling in money. You couldn't blame Robin for being surprised - she certainly didn't dress like she had inherited the family castle.

Once Audriana had gotten situated in the room he closed the door and mumbled a muggle repellant charm and silencing charm to secure the space. Not that anything they would say would be completely mission-compromising or Earth-shattering but he felt better with the simple precautions. Robin set his luggage on one of the chairs and unzipped it, revealing a magically expanded container that held all manor of objects in it, primarily clothing. A large black box sat on the top of everything else.

Robin watching Audriana move about the room and felt an odd sense of contentment. Even with she was annoyed with him he enjoyed having her around. He always had, since that very first day she had tracked him down.
Robin Ivanov

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Audriana simply chose to roll her eyes at Robin rather than answering him, and before long they had reached the hotel and were carrying or pulling their luggage down the halls to the room that was apparently theirs. As he swiped the card and the door opened, Aud let herself in first, thoroughly tempted to ignore his question again. He really does not need to be such a right git, Aud grumbled to herself. They had been getting on more easily than usual in one sense, since the accident. They did not need the door-slamming formalities of their previous arrangement, nor the drinks that burned on the way down to distract her from the fact that he could get under her skin.

“It will do.” She shrugged, setting her bag at the foot of the bed. Tilting her head to the side in thought, Audriana glanced at Robin before tossing herself unceremoniously onto the bed. “This is mine.”

Curling herself around one of the pillows she rested her head atop it, watching him from his spot by the chair. If he wanted space on the bed, it would be quite difficult as she had decided to lay sideways across it rather than down the length of it. That would show him. Robin could sleep on the floor if he was going to be an arse about everything.

“Are you going to tell me the plan or not?” She asked, a slight blush rising at meeting his gaze. She probably looked a mess after the plane ride and with her hair spread out in its usual, absurd mess. Audriana had not failed to catch his casting spells about the room, so it seemed like Robin was either going to explain, or murder her. One of the two. Either way, she was on edge and eyeing him warily. Hopefully she would be ready for whatever he threw her way. At that point, she wasn't so sure.

Whatever he had in that black box was practically taunting her. Aud lifted an eyebrow at Robin before glancing at it again. Anticipation and patience did not go well together (not that Audriana had ever been particularly patient).
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:55 am

Audriana flopped down on the bed and Robin held back a slight eye roll. It had been awhile since he had to deal with sharing a room with a girl who had no interest in him and consequently the evening would prove difficult. Far from being a gentleman, Robin had no intention of sleeping on the floor. She could share or she could be the one to go. But they had hours before such arguments would take place and her question reminded him of the filling in he had to do. But the young man was uninterested in explaining the whole, long story of what they were doing there and instead kept to the basics.

"We're going to a party!" Robin exclaimed with mockingly false enthusiasm and he pulled out the black box and tossed it lightly onto the bed beside Audriana. His volume returned to semi-normal as he continued, "The hosts took something from our family and I just need to get it back. It shouldn't be too difficult for you just look -" he waved his in her direction and scrunched his face in search of the right word "-decent and keep watch for me."

Robin gave Audriana a somewhat pointed look. "All I need is another set of eyes and ears. You think you can handle that?"

((Next post I figured I would time jump to the party so we get real time Gaud before the wedding reception))
Robin Ivanov

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:25 am

"Decent?" She snapped, sitting up and frowning at him. Well, Aud could certainly show him ugly, if the need arose. Rolling her eyes, she added, "That's why you brought me? You couldn't, I don't know, have explained this earlier? I can't believe you want me to go on to a party with you to play lookout. This is ridiculous."

Her words froze as her hands lifted the top of the box and she stared inside. It wasn't often that Audriana was speechless, but this was one of those rare cases. How insane Robin must be, Aud decided, to think that she wanted to wear something so entirely flashy. "Yes, Ivanov. Because this is an excellently subtle dress. I definitely won't stand out, now."

Standing, she flicked the dress lightly so it lifted out of the box and hung from her hands in front of her. "I don't even want to know how this is the right size." She muttered, shooting Robin an annoyed glance before heading to the bathroom to change.

The dress was completely bananas, but when it was on, Aud couldn't help but think that the man had good taste. The only problem would be what on earth he thought she was supposed to do with her hair. Sure, she rather liked it, and sometimes was complimented on it, but it truly was a monster when it came to her trying to make it look fancy. She opened the door and lifted an eyebrow at him. "What am I supposed to do? Change what I look like? C'mon, Ivanov. I daresay you could have picked something else. Something that wouldn't look so weird next to my hair."

She moved to stand next to the bed, picking up her wand from the bag she had stashed it in. Frowning at him, she closed her eyes and carefully lifted her wand to cast a disillusionment spell on her hair. Opening one eye and then the other, she pouted slightly at the sight of her hair in the mirror on the wall nearby. She missed her old hair, in a way, but actually rather liked it short.

"Will anyone even recognize me? I doubt I would know anyone there." Huffing, Aud lowered herself onto the bed again and looked over at Robin. "When we get there, just tell me what to do. No backing out now."

- - -

The doors opened in front of them, revealing the sights, sounds and general grandeur of the party Robin had dragged her into. Her hand flew up to her shoulder to play with her hair before she remembered - again - that it was short. She let it rest on her shoulder like the motion had been on purpose and tried to relax the hand that was resting in the crook of Robin's elbow. As if he could just feel how annoyed she would be with his suggestion, he had required that they pose as a couple. Otherwise she would have had her arms crossed as she narrowed her eyes at those around her. These people probably understood the amount of money Audriana had been given by her grandmother, if not more. Yet they wasted it on such senseless things. Aud wasn't sure she had spent money in the past year on anything but her regular clothes (and that wonderful cloak. She loved the cloak) and food.

They moved into the main room, her eyes floating around to pick up all of the hallways that branched off - there weren't many, so at least the possibilities were limited. Hopefully Robin knew where they were headed. Otherwise, they'd be caught so fast she wouldn't be able to get him out. She owed him, so this couldn't go wrong, pride be damned.

People were milling about, and some were dancing or eating. One man looked like he was coming over to greet them so she turned towards Robin to block his view. The hand that wasn't on his arm fell from her shoulder to his chest, Audriana pretending it didn't feel strange or awkward.

"This is absurd." She muttered, leaning towards Robin as someone glanced their way. She faked a smile, turning her head so her mouth was next to his ear when she stretched onto her toes. From her spot in front of him, she could see over his shoulder where more people were filing in. "What makes you think this will work? What are we supposed to do? Dance until you figure where the safe is?" She asked, then added even more quietly, "Smile like I've said something endearing."
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:57 am

After an initial shock, Audriana had put up close to no resistance to getting changed and ready. In fact, Robin thought she seemed quite eager once the dress had been revealed and he lounged on 'her' bed with a smug smile on his face as he watched her scurry around. They had arrived at the party without any trouble and began to submerge themselves into the other guests. Everything was going smoothly but Audriana couldn't seem to stop talking to save their lives and for every attempt to say something secretive he couldn't help but raise his eyebrows in slight amusement.

Aud's eyes had caught on a man approaching them and she acted quickly, talking rapidly and giving instructions. Robin obliged and gave her a smile, though it was more of a smirk than a lovers gaze, and stepped forward to greet the man with an open hand. They shook and Robin jumped in to small talk that a lifetime of boring adult social gatherings had prepared him for. "Evening, Mr. Goodridge. I don't know if you've met Amanda, she's a great friend of mine... How's Molly and the kids?... Good to hear it. Tell them I say hi... Yes, great... Well it was great to run into you. Have a lovely evening."

The man left and Robin turned back to his date. He extended his arms for her to take and gave her a slightly cheeky wink. "Come on, Amanda. Let's dance."

Robin led Audriana in to the center of the room where quite a large number of couples were dancing to the band that preformed by the edge of the room. He spun her into the Waltz with unnecessary flair, his hand falling in the curve of her lower back and their hands intertwining. He found with pleasure that Audriana was quite light on her feet and the pair moved with ease together, swaying among the other couples to the music. Robins mouth turned slightly towards her ear and upturned into a smile.

"Of course I know where it is." They continued to move around the room and Robin lazily watched the crowd behind her. "These things do that some preparation, you know. It'll work if you trust me. And honestly Miss Swan," her name escaped like a whisper from his lips "we can agree this is my area of expertise." Girls in glittery dresses flashed before him as they moved but his gaze moved past them to the doors leading off from the main room, matching them to the maps in his mind. "So stop asking so many questions and just enjoy the party."
Robin Ivanov

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:43 am

It took a good amount of effort to keep a dark scowl from being directed at Robin as he turned to talk to the other man. He couldn't have just interrupted her, instead of letting her embarrass herself? She decided to keep quiet, a fake smile plastered on her face as she looked around the room, letting the men chat as though she were used to it. She was introduced under a false name – something she figured she expected somehow – at which point she nodded in greeting but made no move to shake hands or actually speak. They moved on soon enough, and before she knew it, Robin was sending her a snarky look.

“I suppose we must.” She muttered, but followed regardless. At least this was something she could excel at. Undoubtedly, Mr. Pureblood would be proficient in dancing as well – didn't they grow up learning these things? Probably. Aud nearly rolled her eyes, but caught herself at the realization that anyone could be looking at them at any time.

He spun her, which she followed easily, before he leaned in and finally answered her questions. Well, at least he wasn't going off of some guess, she mused. His voice dropped more than usual when he addressed her directly, and Audriana found herself embarrassed to notice that her stomach dropped in response. She turned her head to look at him, hardly even noticing the fact that they were far closer than they ever should have been. It was like the Quidditch match all over, and suddenly she had to actively keep herself focused on what was going on.

“Fine,” she returned cooly, making sure to appear as unaffected by him as she usually did. “But I do hope you decide to get something done before the party ends.” She chided, lifting an eyebrow. She looked around the room as an excuse to lean away enough to feel less confined by their nearness.

She started trying to focus on anything else: The blonde's too-low dress, the towers of food and rivers of champagne. Robin's hand on her back as he reeled her back in from another turn. Her disapproving glance at him and this whole mess. He said not to ask questions. What would he do if she just walked away? As much as she would have loved to see his reaction, it didn't seem like a good idea with so many people who could potentially get them into trouble.

Instead, she started taking mental tabs on the room - where the exits were, the doors with the most people around them - guards of some sort? "Maybe I could claim a need to use the loo.." She suggested softly in an effort to find something else to do, chin hovering above his shoulder. It wasn't a question, so any retaliation would easily be rebuked. The idea of their bickering made her smile, regardless. At least that was an interaction with Robin that she understood.
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin Ivanov Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:04 am

"Patience, sweetheart." Robin scolded with little real chastising in his voice. The music mixed in the air with the chorus of conversations around the room as the pair continued to sway. Audriana was a surprisingly good dancer. She had been clearly taught to do more than just go with the music. Their feet fell in synchrony and his hand fit comfortably in the crook of her waist.  The dress was slightly rough to the touch but he couldn't help but admire the way it's glitter caught the lights. Audriana's unexpected hair cut had been unnecessary to their mission but ascetically quite the change.  She looked stronger somehow. And just a touch sexier.

"After the dance I want you to mill around and talk. See that man at 11 o'clock? Suit and blue tie. In a few minutes go and talk to him. Try and keep him entertained until I get back." Robin worried momentarily that Audriana might pull out some super secret spy gadget at any second and try to play James Bond. She was a reasonably attractive, apparently levelheaded, friendly(ish) young woman and that made her almost everything he needed for a partner in crime. Not that he needed anyone. It was simply easier this way. Besides, she had owed him a debt and he was all out of Falcons passes to give out.

The song ended in favor of something slightly quicker and Robin released his partner. His hand remained on the small of her back to guide her off the dance floor and back into the loosely dispersed crowd of chatting couples. Audriana 'led' them off to the side nearer the doors and Robin, who followed slightly behind, leaned over her shoulder to murmur in her ear. "Make me proud, Amanda."

Robin turned and moved off in the opposite direction, heading back towards the entrance where the main staircase was located.
Robin Ivanov

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Marek Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:26 am

Audriana pursed her lips but didn't snark back as she wanted to. It was strange, she noted, to not feel her hair spinning around her as he turned her. But at least Robin wouldn't get smacked in the face, and she could catch sight of the aforementioned man over his shoulder. “Entertained?” She drawled darkly, pulling back as the song ended to eye Robin warily. “If this man tries anything, I make no promises..”

She could feel him over her shoulder even before he spoke, but the instant he was gone she felt cold and alone. Refusing to let the chill settle over her, Aud lifted her chin, pushed back her shoulders, and plastered a smirk on her face as she sauntered around for a bit before heading over to the man Robin had specified. He looked up at her approach, a slow smile curling across his face. She immediately disliked him. She suspected he was the host of the party, or some equally important figure to those around, though, so Audriana didn't want to offend him.

“Evening, Miss,” he greeted coolly, his accent laced with undertones of a growing American accent. Extending a hand to her, he took the one she offered and bent slightly to kiss the back of it. Audriana flashed him her most charming smile in return. “And who might you be?”

“Amanda Hastings,” She offered, tacking on the last name for lack of anything better. At least it sounded vaguely upper-class. “Here with a family friend of mine. This party is magnificent.”

“I'm glad you think so,” he replied, leaning in like they were sharing a secret. “I usually find them quite dull, but when one is throwing the party, one must act like they love it.”

Audriana was suddenly proud she had deduced the man's status properly. It wouldn't do, then, to request the man's name. If she were really a guest at this man's party, she would know his name. So asking was not a good plan. Instead, she stepped closer as the next song started, louder than the last. It was a good excuse to angle herself so she could glance about the room. “Honestly, these parties aren't quite my thing. But I'm enjoying myself.”

Mr. Blue Tie grinned, and suddenly Audriana liked him even less. The look was positively dark, entirely too creepy for her taste. She had to actively keep a frown from her face. How long, exactly, was Robin intending on being gone? Before she could look around to check, the man offered a hand. “Dance, Miss Hastings?”

“Oh,” she began, surprised at how flustered she felt. No, she certainly didn't want to do that. “Yes, of course.”
Simon Marek
Simon Marek
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top