Charms Class - Group Four - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Charms Class - Group Four - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Charms Class - Group Four

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Charms Class - Group Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Charms Class - Group Four

Post by Amelia Cooper Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:31 pm

'Hello, dear.' Amelia replied with a faint smile to the fourth year Hufflepuff who had entered the room whilst she greeted her fellow house mates. 

Shortly after Christine's arrival their final student, a seventh year Slytherin, arrived. Unlike the friendly Hufflepuff's she didn't introduce herself, nor say hello to any of the other students. It was as though she simply wasn't interested in the Hufflepuffs, which was understandable seeing as she was in her final year and would already have a strong group of friends. The last thing that the girl probably wanted was to be forced to become friends with people she didn't care to much about.

Opening her top draw of the desk Amelia got out the register, dipped her quill into the pot of ink and began to tick the names of the students as she called them out.

'Christine Ackerly?'

'William Crosby?'

'Emily Night?'

'And finally, Jackson Parker?' She said, smiling at the Hufflepuff who had been in Herbology previously. He seemed cheerful and content about learning and according to his student record was hardworking. All Amelia could hope for was that her other students would be the same.

'Before I begin the lesson I felt it best I introduce myself.' She began, raising from her chair and walking to stand in front of her desk. 'My name is Professor Cooper and I will be your new charms professor. I'm not going to bore you with rules and regulations as I am sure you're all aware of standard class etiquette. Now. The fun stuff.'

Amelia raised her wand and the puppet hopped off the desk and walked to stand besides her. There wasn't much height difference between the Professor and her puppet, two inches or so. 'This, as I was telling Jackson and William is your puppet. Although before we get into the nitty gritty detail we need to give him a name. Any ideas?' She asked the class smiling faintly, although her eyes still held that slightly sad look that they always did. 
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Number of posts : 163

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashley Palmer Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Christine listened what these two hufflepuffs said. She waved also back to that Jackson boy. Even before she could say anything new girl walked into the classroom. That girl was quite rude, she didn't say even hello or anything. She didn't mind it but she just shook her head on that.

After that she had to listen professor Cooper. "Oh, I'm Christine Alyssa Ackerley," she said her full name then to them. She liked that name actually for some reason. "It's nice to get to know names finally," she said with smile.
Ashley Palmer
Ashley Palmer
Second Year Hufflepuff
Second Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 113

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 pm

'Here, Professor.' Jackson replied as Professor Cooper concluded the class register by saying his name. It wasn't often Jackson was the final person to be called out because 'P' was just past mid-way through the alphabet, although it seemed charms was one of those lessons where he would be last. Hopefully not last in the subject, however. 

Jackson sat forward on his seat and folded his arms, resting them on the edge of the table. It was most peculiar to see Professor Cooper move the puppet without strings, as though they were invisible - indeed it walked like a puppet and waved at the puppet as it reached the font yet it was still so human-like! 

Before Jackson could ponder a name Christine had told them their name, which Jackson knew after Professor Cooper had taken the register. In spite of that Jackson only found it polite that she introduced herself to them, unlike Emily Night who was sat far away from the others. Oh well, you couldn't be friends with everyone. 

'What about Pinocchio?' Jackson suggested as he raised a hand, 'then again he doesn't have the long nose.' The Hufflepuff added with a slight giggle. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Emily Night Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Emily did sat on her seat quietly and wondered what they will do today here. If the professor said her name then she said: "Here," and did put her head on the table. She was just to bored to bother what's going on. She actually didn't want to be here at all. But she needs to take some classes to get through of her school year.

Slytherin girl didn't want to make friends here right now. She was to tired and to unpatiend. She wanted to dod something here already. Professor did speak but this girl here didn't even listen exactly what she said. She sighed one more time quietly.

Emily heard that they had to think name to that puppet. She didn't even bother to began to think the name. She didn't care what it was named. She smiled little when one boy suggested 'Pinocchio'. She founded it funny for some reason. At least she didn't began to laugh on that, she just smiled to herself.
Emily Night
Emily Night

Number of posts : 111

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:41 pm

Amelia chuckled at Jackson's suggestion. 'Pinocchio?' An eyebrow raised she pointed her wand at the puppets nose, casting a non verbal spell she watched as the nose grew in length. 'I think he looks more like a Pinocchio now.' She was unsure how many students would know about the muggle story, maybe they would go and read about it later? Then again, perhaps not. Her eyes rested on Emily Night looking as bored as ever. 

'Over the next few weeks will be doing healing charms. Starting from basic ones and ranging to more advanced charms.' 

Amelia looked back at the test it the class. 'Now the first charm we will be doing one that you most likely will use even if you don't become a healer. Charms to deal with cuts.'

Flicking her wand at the puppet she gave it a slight slash. The fabric-like-skin tore and a red liquid began to ooze from the wound Amelia had created. During the creation process she had collected clear bags of blood from the kitchens - animals blood that had been drained from the meat. The smell wasn't particularly pleasing but it was real. Real blood, meaning the spell would have more realistic effects. 

Waving her wand across the injury the blood stopped pouring. Then, weaving her wand from one side of the cut to the other the skim began to sew itself back together. Once Pinocchio's injury was fully healed Amelia turned to the class.

'Now, who would like to go first?' She asked, shrugging her shoulders with a faint smile. 
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 am

Jackson laughed loudly as Professor Cooper extended the puppet's nose. He really did look like Pinocchio, and on top of the realistic appearence, Jackson wouldn't be surprised if he was enchanted to speak the words 'I'm a real boy.'

The Hufflepuff watched as Professor Cooper cut open the puppet and blood seeped from the wound. Blood! How on earth the charms professor had managed such a phenomenon was beyond him, all Jackson knew was how brainy she must be. Not that Jackson wasn't smart, he was naturally clever although the Hufflepuff found he had to put more work in. A lot more work when it came to study. Every night he'd be sat at a table or curled up by the fire doing his homework and then some. Many Hufflepuff's always said he should have been a Ravenclaw and the hat had considered placing him there yet the sorting hat had found a place for him in the house of Hufflepuff. The house he loved.

Looking around at the other students he waited for one of them to raise their hand. Nobody. 'I will.' He told Professor Cooper, hesitantly raising a hand although he had absolutely no clue what to do. 'But, you might need to walk me through it.' He added, his eyes round and a half smile reflecting his uncertainty.

'Up to the front, Jackson.' Professor Cooper said with an encouraging smile. With that Jackson pushed his chair back, got out his wand and made his way to stand besides the puppet.

(ooc: will reply as amelia/jackson together in amelia's next post then others can have a go?)
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Cooper Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:41 am

'Don't look so worried, Jackson, I'll talk you through it.' She smiled to a slightly nervous looking Jackson Parker. 'Now don't worry if you can't perform the spells well, and it may look messy afterwards because the healing spells are tricky but you need to know the basics for your NEWT's. Okay.'

'Okay.' Jackson replied, biting his lip in anticipation, glancing towards William who was watching the scene play out.

'When I slice poor Pinocchio here you'll first need to stop the bleeding using the incantation: Subsisto Crudus. Can you say that?'

'Subsisto Crodos. No. Subsisti Crudi.. Wait-'

'Subsisto Crudus.' Amelia pronounced again exceptionally clearly.

'Subsisto Crudus. Subsisto Crudus... Right. I've got it I think.' Jackson said, muttering: 'Subsisto Crudus' one last time. It was rather tricky to say.

'You'll need to aim at the blood and push your wand forwards slightly as though telling it to retreat back in.'

Jackson nodded and aimed his wand at the arm ready, still muttering the incantation under his breath. WHISH. Amelia had slashed Pinocchio's arm and the smellyanimal bloods began to splurt out from the wound.

'Subsisto Crudus.' Jackson cried, a little louder than he expected he would.
'Subsisto Crudus.' Part of the bleeding stopped, or it looked like it was slowing down.
'Subsisto Crudus!' There was still blood trickling down to Pinocchio's fingertips.

'Remember to think about what you want to happen. Just keep imagining that bleeding has stopped.' Amelia helped.

'Subsisto Crudus!' Alas, the bleeding had stopped, although slightly after Jackson had wanted. Part of the blood had dried down the arm and there was a splosh on the stone floor.

'Good, Jackson! Now to close the wound!' Amelia announced. 'You'll need to move the tip of your wand directly across the cut whilst saying the words Vigoratus Incidere-'

'Wait. Saying what?!' Jackson replied, rather astonished by how complex the incantations were never mind the spells. Thankfully Jackson wasn't planning on entering life as a healer but the basics he would need to know for his NEWT's.

'Vig-or-atus In-cide-re' Amelia repeated slowly and after Jackson repeating four times again he finally felt ready to close the wound. It sure was a good job he'd stopped the bleeding first otherwise poor Pinocchio would have been needing a funeral.

Pointing his wand tip lightly against one side of the wound he began to trace it left to right over the wound. 'Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere. Vigoratus Incidere'

'Excellent Jackson!' Amelia announced when the wound finally was closed. Sure the fabric/skin was all jaggered and messy, in fact it looked like Pinocchio had been mauled by some weird bird but none the less Jackson had done the job well enough.

'Five points to Hufflepuff.' Amelia awarded as Jackson took his seat. 'I don't expect any of you to do a perfect job, it really does take a lot of skill and hardwork to do so, which is why you'll be able to practice on Pinocchio outside of classes. Now. Who would like to go next?' She asked the class whilst Jackson began to quickly write down a few notes, a smile on his face.
Amelia Cooper
Amelia Cooper

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top