He Should Be Going To Hogwarts
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

He Should Be Going To Hogwarts Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

He Should Be Going To Hogwarts

View previous topic View next topic Go down

He Should Be Going To Hogwarts Empty He Should Be Going To Hogwarts

Post by Guest Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:31 pm

It was the final day of August. The sun was beginning to set casting a faint orange glow across the moors of Southern England. A reasonably sized house stood alone at the top of the hill, a picket fence encasing it and a small greenhouse stood in the back garden. This house was the house of a Mr John Nogard, his wife and two children.

Bertie Nogard had arrived earlier that day with his Mum, as they usually did on the final day of August. The reason for this was because Bertie's Mum was a squib and albeit she could go to platform nine and three quarters they lived too far from London to travel there in one day. As a result each year Bertie and his Mum would make the journey to Uncle John's the day before meaning all they had was two hours of driving the following morning to Kings Cross, cutting their journey time in half. 

It was hard to say how Bertie felt about returning to Hogwarts. He was excited, eager and thrilled to get lost in the magic again - plus the Ravenclaw would get to be reunited with Vivianna Varnes. The girl who was more family to him than his aunties, uncles and cousins. 

On the other hand there was leaving his Mother behind. The bond that the pair had was exceptional. Maybe it was because Joyce, Bertie's Mum, was a single mum and Bertie an only child meaning it was just the two of them. She was the greatest thing that Bertie missed whilst at Hogwarts. More than anything in the world he wished that he could be closer to her, visit her every weekend. Of course they wrote but when you take a child away from it's Mother it always takes some time getting used to. 

Five hours later the sun had completely hidden behind the dark curtains that had been drawn across, eliminating all sunlight leaving the only light from silver stars embroidered within the midnight sky. The brown eyes of Bertie Nogard were still open as he gazed at the clock on the tables besides the camp bed that he slept on. The hands arrived together, united at the twelve o'clock tick. 

The grunt of his Mother on a camp bed besides him drowned out the slightly louder tick than the usual noise of the hands. However it wasn't his Mother's snores, the ticking clock, the moonlight through the window or the fact Bertie couldn't switch his imagination off that was keeping the boy awake. No. He felt sick. Physically sick. So sick he wanted to throw up hoping it would rid the nausea away. He had felt it most of the day but now, now it was finally packing it's punch.

Half an hour had passed. The house was sleeping. Joyce was lay on the camp bed still engrossed in her snores, meanwhile Roxanne and Stephen (Bertie's cousins) were also in the land of nod whilst John and Jane were soldered in a sleepy cuddle. Until...

'ARGHHH!' A scream awoke the whole house. The scream of a teenager. 

'ARGHHH!' It came again, from somewhere downstairs. Swinging their legs out of bed John and Jane grasped their dressing gowns and hurried to the door.

'ARGHH!' A third wail woke Stephen and Roxanne, the pair instantly reached for their wands and found their parents on the upstairs landing hurrying towards the staircase. 

'ARGHHH! He-e-lp!' Joyce was already awake. She hadn't needed two or three screams to get out of her camp bed, she'd already wrenched her eyelids apart and was by the side of her son. Bertie. He was clutching his stomach, screaming in pain, agony, then.... There came the spluttering.

John, Jane, Stephen and Roxanne burst through the living room door and into the room where Bertie and his Mum were sleeping, or should be sleeping. In stead of finding the two in dream land they saw a brown eyed, curly haired boy clutching his stomach. Then. Blood.

Blood was pouring from his mouth in clots. This wasn't normal. It was far from normal, it was physiological pain that Bertie had never experienced in his life before. Why was he all of a sudden in agony, screaming in uncontrollable pain whilst his Mum put her arm around him, dabbing the blood away from his mouth with the quilt. A stray tear trailing down her face. 

'It's okay sweetie. Mum's here. You're going to be alright. We're going to call for a Doctor and everything will be fine.' Reassuring words from his mother eased Bertie's fears, but his imagination had began to flutter into overdrive, cooking up reasons for his sudden illness. Was it a peptic ulcer? An infectious disease? A tumour obstructing his pulmonary artery? The boy wasn't big on medicine but having been absorbed by medical drama's all summer he couldn't help but look up the diseases on the show. He was no Doctor but he knew coughing up blood with severe abdominal pain was never a good thing. 

'No. We're going to St Mungo's.' John announced, striding over and taking out his wand. He was no healer but he knew some basic spells. 'They can fix him up. Anapneo.' Whatever his uncle had done had helped Bertie a tad, at least he could breath easier. Not that it made much of a difference, his fear had risen again as his Mum and Uncle began to argue about whether St Mungo's was the best protocol.

'What If it's not magical?'
'They can sort it anyway!'
'I want a muggle doctor!'
'Joyce trust me!'
'Aghhh!' Bertie wailed again. 

'Shut up both of you!' Roxanne, a potioneer for St Mungo's had walked over. 'Sorry Joyce but you'll thank me later.' With that she grasped hold of Bertie, twirled and was gone in a crack.

It was quiet for St Mungo's. Nobody was in the waiting area apart from the night shift welcome witch sat behind the desk. 'oh. hi Roxa-' However before she could continue her eyes caught Bertie. Bertie and the blood. 

CRACK! CRACK! CRACK! John, Jane and Stephen had apparated into the reception area, along with Joyce who was holding John's arm after side-along apparation, before rushing over to her son. Her son who wasn't aware of her presence... He'd collapsed hard against the floor. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

He Should Be Going To Hogwarts Empty Re: He Should Be Going To Hogwarts

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:37 am

It been a quiet day in St.Mungo's not a peep was coming from the waiting room which was quite rare for this time of night.  Sophia was in her office doing patient paperwork seeing how she had the time to do it at last. It was hard being the Assistant Director at times, she took on responsibilty if Khaat,Robert or Brian weren't here. Although she didn't mind it, she loved it and was honored that Khaat and Robert gave her the job.

Bent over her desk in piles of paperwork Hannah busted into the room with blood on her robe and hands.  Quickly looking up from her paperwork Sophia looked at Hannah with a 'what the hell?' look before Hannah explained in a panick voice.  

"Sophia it's a boy out in the waiting room coughing up blood! It looks like the same symptoms as the green itch we had a year ago!"said Hannah quickly.

"Symptoms of the green itch? that's impossible that been cured ages ago!"said Sophia as she gotten up from her desk and grabbed her white healer robe before quckly walking down the corridor towards the waiting room.

Seeing the boy coughing up blood Sophia gotten out her wand and flicked it at the boy. "Subsisto Crudus!"said Sophia hoping to stop the boy from coughing up blood before she flicked her wand at him again. "subsisto poena!" hoping to stop the pain that was in his stomach.

"I'll make this quick seeing how we don't have much time, I'm Healer Sophia, Sophia Granger and what seems to be wrong with Bertie here is that he has a bug inside of him along with some Symptoms of the green itch, we have to get him in the Operating room quick or he'll die within minutes!"said Sophia.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:54 am

A woman, who introduced herself as Hannah had ran over before quickly hurrying away to find someone more senior, not bothering that she was covered in blood. However that was probably a norm in a hospital, running around all bloody.

Bertie had regained consciousness, he barely had energy to wail, all that was happening was the light was fading in and out along with the sound. Blood was seeping from his mouth and it felt as though someone had dropped a box of exploding snap into his stomach. 

'It's going to be okay sweetie!' His Mothers voice said through tears as she stroked her sons hair. Although the sound of his Mothers comforting calls had ceased. Bertie could feel footsteps travelling across the floor to where he lay. Hopefully here to rescue him from the pain.

It all happened rather fast for Joyce, the lady had introduced herself and was talking about rushing Bertie into surgery? John, Jane and Stephen had clamped their hands to their mouth - clearly the green itch was known, known for all the wrong reasons. Yet, it didn't make sense to Bertie's Mum.

'W-wait. Why does he n-need surgery I-I-if he only has a b-bug?' She asked through the sobs, completely blanking out Sophia's statement about Bertie dying in moments if he wasn't taken to an operating room. Perhaps it was the Mother in her that had zoned out that delicate piece of tragic information? No Mother wanted to hear their child was dying and would rather face anything but that being the truth. 

Roxanne on the other hand had bit her lip and ran off through a set of doors, calling of her shoulder: 'I'll get the potions you need.' At least that was one perk. There was someone who understood the disease in the family, nowhere on the same level as Sophia, but it would be helpful for Bertie's family in the waiting room. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:18 am

Sophia looked at Bertie's mother with a look of sympathetic and annoyance.  "Mrs. Nogard, Bertie does indeed have a bug, but the bug is eating up his inside heading towards his organs which if we don't get it soong it can kill him within minutes!"said Sophia quickly. "Thankyou."said Sophia looking at the girl who ran to get the potions. "Get him to the operating room now!"Sophia ordered the nurses and other healers and they gotten Bertie and put him on a bed and ran him down towards the O.R.

"You can come, but you might have to wear these!"said Sophia quickly as she flicked her wand at his mother as a pair of green robes appeared on them which looked like muggle scrubs.  "I would like to ask you some questions, surely you don't mind if I ask while we walk to the O.R.."said Sophia softly but quickly. "Sorry Sophia isn't usually like this, she's just like this when she's trying to save people lives."Hannah explained to them hoping they would understand.

"Follow me, I'll ask you question while we walk."said Sophia as she looked at Bertie's chart.  "So... according to his chart, he been having a fever and cough for a couple of days right, has he had any lost of magical abilities such as not able to cast a simple spell?"Sophia asked them softly. "Seems like he has some symptoms of the green itch as well." said Sophia.  "Although we have a cure for that, it's just a potion and a shot but the bug is a bit severe."said Sophia.

Busting into the O.R. Sophia looked at Bertie and frowed before regaining herself.  "We need to put him to sleep, but don't worry this procedure should last about a hour at the most."said Sophia softly.  "He will also not be able to go to Hogwarts for awhile, meaning that he will miss the train to Hogwarts."said Sophia softly.  "But he should be ready to go back in a week, but he might have to take potions to heal himself."said Sophia.  Walking over towards Berite she gave him a soft warm smile.  "Bertie I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I'm Sophia I'm going to be taking care of you, I'm going to put you asleep but don't worry it's going to be a sleep that makes you feel like you somewhere else."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:22 pm

Joyce Nogard's eyes widened with fear as Roxanne pelted through a set of doors, healers and nurses appeared and began to load Bertie onto a bed. Surgery?! This was too much for her! Yet he needed or he would die in minutes. No. She had to trust them even if they weren't, in her eyes, real doctors - but then she was a squib and had grown up as a muggle, naturally you tend to trust what you know.

Bertie began to roll in pain on the bed as it was moved through the hospital. The whole family following whilst Sophia Granger began to ask questions. He had been feeling off for the past few days but his Mother had thought it anything too serious, just a small stomach bug. It appeared that he had more than a bug he had, what was it she said, a green itch? What on earth was that?

'No. He hasn't done any magic over the summer, he's underage.' His Mother replied, attempting to get closer to her son but the nurses were blocking her way. 'Take care of Bertie.' John shouted, it appeared that John, Jane and Stephen had come to a halt, they weren't wearing scrubs and didn't fancy going in either. Bertie and his Mum would need someone in the waiting room, ready for if he survived or not.

The lights began to fade in and out again. Bertie saw a figure peer over him, was she talking to him? He didn't know. He didn't know his Mother was stood in the corner, tears streaking down her face. Bertie reached out and clutched the womans hand. For some reason he felt she knew what she was doing. He felt she would save him.

'Please don't let him die!' His Mother screamed, running over to the bed and knocking over a tray of instruments without a care in the world - she was a Mother after all. Her main priority was to be with her son. She hadn't web registered he would be missing the train tomorrow.

Roxanne burst into the OR with a tray of potions and wheeled them to Sophia in case she needed them. 'Here. This will put him out.' She said, handing her a White coloured liquid. Although it was difficult for her to be heard over the screams of Bertie's Mother. It was simply. She couldn't stay in there. She would be too much of a distraction.

'W-what will that do?! No! Don't give it him if it'll hurt him! I-is it used by surgeons?!' She began to argue noticing the milky potion that was in a glass vial with a label of instructions and information on the front.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 pm

((sorry for the slight GModing!))

Jumpin back as  she konked over the instruments Sophia gave Bertie's mother with a look of displeased.  "Mrs. Nogard, I'm going to take good care of Bertie I promise, but you have to calm down or else you'll be asked to leave the Operating Room and wait with the rest of your family do you want that?"Sophia asked her in a stern voice.  Hearing her still screaming Sophia looked at the other healers.  "Take her outside with the rest of the family, she can wait with them I have to save him NOW!"said Sophia.  As the healers took Bertie's mother out Sophia shook her head before she turned to Roxanne.  "Put him asleep."Sophia ordered Hannah as she nodded and took a dose of the milky liquid before she stucked Bertie with it.

"Roxanne, can you go out and explain to your mother or whatever Mrs. Nogard is to you and explain to her that Bertie will be ok, he's in good hands weather she beleives it or not."said Sophia softly.  "I would do it myself, but if this boy doesn't get the help he needs he'll die and I won't allow that on my watch!"said Sophia.  Looking down at Bertie she seen that his eyes finally closed.  "Put a I.V. to pump so blood into him, I have a feeling this is going to be a messy case."said Sophia as the healers around her assiting her nodded.  Withing minutes Berie had a I.V. in him and Sophia nodded. "Ok... here we go."said Sophia softly as she gotten out her wand and pointed it to Bertie. "subsisto aegrotatio!" as the spell shot out her wand into Bertie.

"That didn't work, we need to go deeper into the body like I thought!" said Sophia sighing.  "Getting her wand she muttered a spell that opened Bertie's stomach up to see where the bug was at. "Ah... there it is, aufero extrarius!"said Sophia as the bug disappeared with a flash.  As blood started spilling from everywhere Sophia looked at a healer. "We need blood in here asap!"said Sophia as the healer nodded and went to the fridge and started getting Bertie's blood type and putting into his I.V.

Seeing his heart rate going down, Sophia sighed. "Oh no you don't, satus pectus pectoris"said Sophia as his heart rate went back to normal.  "Subsisto Crudus!"said Sophia as the bleeding stopped.  "I think this might reduce him getting blood, although it's used for the Sectumsempra curse but does help replace blood lost."said Sophia softly.  "It's worth a shot, Vulnera Sanentur!"said Sophia as she seen the amount of blood Bertie needed go down.  "Whew..."said Sophia softly.

"Ok... now for the most troubling part of them all."said Sophia looking down at his organs.  "Renovo!"said Sophia as his Organs started going back together.  Moving her hands around Sophia looked for other places the bug has damaged.  "Renovo!'said Sophia once again before she looked at his organs and tissue once again.  "I think were all good, lets sew him up and healed."said Sophia softly.

"Vigoratus Incidere!"said Sophia as stitches appeared on his chest.  "Ferula!'said Sophia as bandages appeared on his chest. "Subsisto poena!"said Sophia reducing the pain he'll be in when he wakes up.  "Ok... give him a dose of the green itch potion and he'll be good to go."said Sophia softly.  After a second, of giving him the potion Sophia seen that Bertie looked a hudred percent better.

After about a hour and half Sophia clicked her wand to clean herself and the O.R. before heading towards Bertie's family.  "We got to the bug and the infection in time, unofortanely he won't be going to Hogwarts for awhile he needs to heal."said Sophia softly.  "You may all go and see him, he's in room five."said Sophia softly.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:17 pm

Roxanne nodded and left the waiting room, following her auntie Joyce who had been escorted out moments ago. She was going to correct Sophia and explain that it's her auntie but didn't feel the need - after all it was more important that her boss focused on saving Bertie.

'Joyce. Sophia Granger is an excellent healer.' Roxanne said as she walked over to where the rest of her family sat, lowering herself so that she was no eye to eye with her auntie. 'Bertie will be alright. Trust me!' 

It seemed to ease Joyce slightly although throughout the entire operation the whole family were still on tenterhooks, which was only natural. They had been told Bertie could die in minutes without the treatment, what if it had been too late? What if. No they didn't want to think 'what if'. They couldn't. They had to remain optimistic.

An hour and a half later Sophia emerged into the waiting room, she seemed somewhat calmer than before and thankfully she declared that everything was ay-okay with Bertie. 

'Thank you!' Joyce cried as she flung her arms around the young healer before Roxanne led them to room five where Bertie was resting....

'Oh Bertie.' His Mother said, walking to be besides her son and stroking his brown curly locks back. Bertie looked weak, pain and frail. His eyelids were closed and he remained still, almost as if he had in fact died. It was rather frightening but the slightly movement of his chest told the Nogard's that their little Bertie was safe, even if it did mean missing his first few weeks at Hogwarts. 
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Sophia nodded and smiled as Joyce hugged her. "Your welcome Mrs. Nogard, I was just doing my job."said Sophia softly. Following the family into Bertie's room she checked his pulse before scribbling it down on her chart. "As you know Bertie is going to be here for the next week to heal, as his family I want to make sure you he does everything he needs to do to get better like take his potions and check up with me at lease one a week." said Sophia softly. "Bertie was in pretty bad shape when he came here, lucky we were able to get the bug out before it gotten deeper into his organs, as for the green itch he should be back to normal."said Sophia softly. "Although if anything wrong let me know by coming back up here or by patronus, Roxanne knows what I mean."said Sophia softly.

"I'm gonna leave you alone with him, but he will be asleep for maybe a hour or two at the most."said Sophia. "If you need anything at all, I'll be wondering the corridors checking on patients."said Sophia. "I'll be back in a hour to give him his potions and check up on how he's doing."said Sophia softly. Closing the door behind her she headed towards the breakroom to get some coffee.
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:42 am

'Thank you, again!' Mrs Nogard replies embracing Sophia in another hug. So her son wouldn't be going to Hogwarts just yet... How he would get there she didn't have the foggiest, it looked like her uncle would have to take him via apparition - something that Bertie disliked. Unless the Ministry linked a fireplace so he could travel via Floo powder?

Roxanne walked over to the door where there was a stand of leaflets and handed her auntie one about Bertie's condition and then another about visiting hours. Maybe she could only be here certain times of the day but Bertie's health came first so it looked like she'd have to book time off from work, which wasn't ideal because they weren't exactly loaded, but it needed to be done. 

[centre] * * * [/centre]

Two hours and seven minutes later the olive eyelids fluttered before opening to reveal two beady brown eyes. Every part of the boy ached - the abdominal pain seemed worse than before yet he was greeted by happy faces. That didn't make sense.

'Oh sweetie you're awake!' That was Bertie's Mum, stroking his hair and leaning in for a kiss. 

Scanning his environment he saw Uncle John, Auntie Jane, Stephen and Roxanne, although he wasn't in their house atop of the hill. No. He appeared to be in a hospital, probably St Mungo's, and all he could see was a pale curtain surrounding his bed. 

'You're going to be okay sweetie. One of the doctors-'

'Healers.' Roxanne interrupted.

'Yes one of the healers took care of you, it was terribly frightening but you're safe and as long as you take your potions you will be fine and well enough for Hogwarts in a couple of weeks.'

'B-but I want to go no-' Although before Bertie could finish his sentence his Mother had pressed a finger to her lips saying the word 'rest' and it was Bertie did: he closed his eyes and drifted back off to sleep.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top