Poliakoff, Ciara Morgan - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Poliakoff, Ciara Morgan - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Poliakoff, Ciara Morgan

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Poliakoff, Ciara Morgan - Page 2 Empty Re: Poliakoff, Ciara Morgan

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:00 pm

I was just trying to make her understand what i meant. if the only way is to put it in all caps and bold it i will.
all the information but the mother was in there before she asked for edits, it just wasn't stated in black and white. And i have since put in that she doesn't know anything about her mother and does not care to know anything about her mother being content with her life the way it is.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Cec,

I want to know your character from her point of view.  I don't want to have to try to understand her from between the lines.  If your character's position is that she doesn't know who her mother is and has developed enough of a relationship with her father that she truly doesn't care about knowing about her mother, then clearly say that in the app.  Putting it here isn't good enough. It needs to be in the app itself.

You have not clarified why she is even thinking about arranged marriages. I understand she wants to marry for love. But arranged marriages are not part of British culture, generally speaking. Why has it even come up in her thinking that she needs to dislike arranged marriages? Clarify it in the app.

The information on your character needs to be in the app itself. Not here in the posts.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:09 pm

IT IS IN THE APP LAST SENTANCE OF EARLY CHILDHOOD!!!!!

IT STATES IN THE APP THAT SHE WANTS TO FIND LOVE ON HER OWN AND DOESN'T WANT TO BE TOLD WHO TO MARRY, AN ARRANGED MARRIAGE IS THE PARENTS TELLING THE CHILD WHO TO MARRY

IF THIS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOU TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING I WILL TYPE IT ALL OUT FOR YOU LIKE THIS
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:13 pm

I dont' care if you make it 26 points tall. You're missing my point again.  I said I understand she wants to marry for love.  But people in England just don't think much about arranged marriages because it just isn't a normal part of life there.

"Yelling" isn't going to answer your question any faster.  Answer the question. A lot of people want to marry for love but they don't see arranged marriage as the only alternative to that.  People do get married for money or for convenience or a thousand other reasons.  Very few people in England have someone arrange a marriage for them. An arranged marriage, by definition, is a marriage where the marital partners are chosen by others based on considerations other than the pre-existing mutual attraction of the partners.

Being disrespectfull won't get your app approved sooner. But remember that being disrespectful is against site rules.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22678
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:17 pm

I'm being disrespectful to get myself heard. you are disregarding everything i have said. now i will go use quotes to show you where it says she does not want to be told who to marry which is what an arranged marriage is.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Ciara Poliakoff wrote:VERITASERUM: She doesn’t want to be part of an arranged marriage or be told who to love/marry

MIRROR OF ERISED: To fall in love on her own

this is her whole little reason for not like arranged marriages. (apparently she is the only person in england who sees this is stupid)

note: there are two little things i have added to this and i will edit in right now
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:18 pm

Alrighty honey, one last thing.

Beyond the fact that she doesn't want the person she marries dictated to her, why doesn't she like arranged marriages?

Why does she not see them as part of her life and culture?

Has she seen many of them go sour?

Also, how are we doing on the mother front? Have you and Kaiden worked it out?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 pm

I don't mean to intruude here, but in regard to Kaiden and Ciara's mother, I actually edited her name into his app a little while ago. I have it as Fiona Alisha Myers, but if Cec wants to change it, she can and I'll change it in his app.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:06 am

It is her only reason she's fifteen, its good enough for her.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:34 pm

It might well be but for the application, we do need a little bit of rhyme and reason.

Let's think about this together, okay?

We can assume it's part of the Pureblood culture to find advantageous marriages for the families as a whole as opposed to the couple; happiness doesn't come with it though often they do fall in love.

If it is something to do with her culture, part of her culture, then it would not be something she'd see to be as abhorrent or strange - it would be the norm.

Therefore, she needs a palpable reason for disliking arranged marriages.

As is part of "the way of things", he opinion would have to be informed by something she's seen in the past - for example, the marriages sour or the couple treat each other poorly.

Unless of course she has read a number of fairy tales and has determined through her own research that to arrange a marriage is wrong.

We need a little bit of reasoning here as to why it is. If it's part of her culture, it's the norm so why the change in opinion?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top