Working Overtime...
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Working Overtime... Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Working Overtime...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Working Overtime... Empty Working Overtime...

Post by Malowney Catt Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:21 am

She hadn't told anybody apart from the father that she was pregnant, therefore she still had to work. She wished she had chosen somewhere easier to work, like as a waitress at a diner or something, but she had chosen to be a seamstress at Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions. It was good pay and all, but she felt like it was exhausting her. Perhaps it was just hormones from the baby that made her sweat while she sewed, or maybe she was falling ill. She had thrown up in the shop's bathroom several times over the last week and it wasn't a pretty pregnancy for her. It wouldn't go smoothly. The birth would be painful, but the baby would hopefully be helpful.

She was several weeks along so the bump wasn't showing, thankfully. The owner of the shop didn't know that one of her master tailors was pregnant. Malowney would break the news when her bump began to show, pretending that she hadn't noticed until then. Malowney ran her fingers over the smooth fabric. She had got off work an hour ago, because she wasn't working as long today, but she thought it would be nice to do some peaceful sewing before she went home. All of the employees who had the same length of shift as her that day had gone home. All that was left were the people working full-time. She leaned her head against the table. "Having a nap, Catt?" someone asked. "You shouldn't work overtime if you're going to exhaust yourself." Malowney glared at the person and said, "Nope, I'm just having a short break before I start work again. You know, I exhaust myself sometimes, but it just takes a few minutes and a cup of tea for me to be pumped again." The employee rolled his eyes and walked off back to where he was sewing. Malowney stood up and went to the employee lounge for a cup of tea. At last she could have a rest from work. But the tension at her house was unbearable. Alan, the man she had slept with and became pregnant with, was staying at her house for a while. He had to drive to work half an hour earlier, but he was determined to see the baby be born.
Malowney Catt
Malowney Catt
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top