Pride and Prejudice and Jack Dyllan
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pride and Prejudice and Jack Dyllan Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pride and Prejudice and Jack Dyllan

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pride and Prejudice and Jack Dyllan Empty Pride and Prejudice and Jack Dyllan

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm

I wrote this awhile ago, after reading all of Jane Austen's works. I hope to eventually finish Jack's entire story, spanning from Vito to Nemo to now. So far, the only one mentioned in this particular story is Keith, so congrats Keith. XD Tell me what you think. (Also, yes Keith, he did name his daughter after Wally!)

------

It is a truth universally acknowledged that any respectable Christmas Eve in the Nicholas household was in want of the company of Aunt Jaquellene.

Keith Nicholas, the head of the house, had settled after a youth of troublemaking with a worthy woman by the name of Elise and had somehow found himself the father of three children - the eldest boy, Jonathon, the middle daughter, Louise, and the youngest named Wilhelmina, though her father and Aunt Jaquellene were prone to calling her Wally. Elise’s sister’s family always visited as well, adding another pair of girls and another boy to the company. Even as the house stretched with the fullness of companionship, the home did not seem full until Aunt Jaquellene stepped through the threshold.

The children knew little of Jaquellene, save that she was not really their aunt , but a friend of their father’s from his school boy age. She was five years older than the oldest of the adult company, but her spirit often placed her among the children. She was loud, rowdy, callous, and, most importantly - fun. She always brought live gifts, told inappropriate jokes, lit illegal fireworks, drank too much, and insisted they call her Jack.

The children had finally begun to notice another oddity of the woman. Though the ripe old age of thirty five, Aunt Jack always arrived alone. Jonathon attested to this fact - in his twelve years, he has never known Jack to bring around a man of any kind. Louise and her female cousins had grown to the age to find scorn in this fact; ridiculous Auntie Jack might bring them the coolest gifts, but she was an old maid! God forbid they ever turn out like her!

Despite stirrings of mutiny against the woman, Aunt Jack was given the same warm reception she was given every year. She entered, unannounced to declare she had let herself in. The children charged her, thrilled for the oncoming presents - all except Wally, who regarded her honorary aunt suspiciously. Jack was not ugly, nor plain. In fact, her beauty was striking if subtle. Red curls, defined features, a slight figure, and shining eyes. She was financially independent, and had respectable connections. And yet, so, terribly unmarried.

“Wally! Give your aunt a hug, now!”

She tripped forward to obey, her mind tumbling in thought.

Elise was the first to inquire after Jack. “How was your trip?”

“Despicable - the train was on time, the other patrons were quiet, and there was no trouble. It was exactly the sort of trip I hope never to repeat.”

“Are you hungry?”

“Not yet. I’d better settle my things first.”

“Wilhelmina will assist you. We’ll call you for supper.”

Wally collected one of her aunt’s bags and led the way to the guest room Jack annually took residence in. Wally’s face burned as she heard her cousins begin to whisper their thoughts on the aunt as she was left to lead the family enigma away from them.

Jack inquired after Wally’s schooling, health, and friends - all which were mildly assured to be well. Wally was oddly reserved for the matter, which her aunt took note of. She had always been fond of Wally and did not enjoy the sudden distance.

“Wally, are you going to remain a ball of nerves, or do you plan on relaxing soon?”

The small girl let out a breath, her mind too tried to not settle her concerns once and for all. “Aunt Jack… Are you an old maid?”

Jack surveyed the girl, who immediately regretted her candor. With no change of expression, the older woman responded, “Of course I am. Why do you ask?”

Wally blurted, with the impatience of a confused pupil doubting the credit of a teacher, “My sisters and cousins have made a sport of your solitude, which you must have known! They have made a sport of it!”

Jack blinked and then smiled, a smile with no real mirth. “As have I.”

Wally swallowed her fear and regret down, finally saying, “How can you allow it? How can you let them do it? Why - Why are you still alone?”

Jack stared down at her favorite of the Nicholas children and said very simply. “The opinions of your sisters and cousins are of no concern to me.”

Wally felt very dreadful at this point, for if their opinion was of no consequence to her aunt, then surely her own was nothing. She wished to inquire more, but the vagueness of her aunt’s response and the stony look that had overtaken her expression led Wally to feel inclined to believe that the subject was not open for further discussion.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top