Eccentric Student
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Eccentric Student Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Eccentric Student

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Eccentric Student Empty Eccentric Student

Post by Erika Dixon Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:16 pm

(Waiting for acceptance of character app)

So, presenting the newest addition to Hogwarts' acclaimed student populace, Erika Dixon. She's normal enough, until she starts talking to her own head. Not all too fond of magic, and terrified of human touch. So naturally, I would like her to be given a very...ah, affectionate welcome. Want to pick on her? Want to chat her up? Want to declare an utterly inexplicable feud against her? Want to steal her imaginary friend? Feel free to drop in Very Happy Details about background to be found here

All Hogwarts students invited. Very Happy
Erika Dixon
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 138

Back to top Go down

Eccentric Student Empty Re: Eccentric Student

Post by Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:56 pm

I read Erika's app, and she sounds really interesting. I've got a lovely (when she wants to be) 5th year Slytherin named Vivianna Varnes who would have tons of fun with someone like Erika. We could go two directions with this.

1. Vivianna picks on/loathes Erika. I figure the best way for this to happen would be Vivianna deciding to check out the funny new kid, Erika saying something strange that Viv completely takes the wrong way, and then Viv declaring war on Erika.

2. Vivianna decides to check out the funny new kid, and becomes fascinated by her. Viv is one of those people who, once onto something, refuses to let go. I think it would be interesting to see Viv running after Erika, trying to figure her out, while Erika just wants to be left the heck alone.

These were just the two ideas that popped up for me, if you can think of anything else that might be of interest feel free to suggest!
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Katrina-Carlotta Du Hunt
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 991
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency, Memory Manipulation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:45 pm

I have three for you!

Henri Finch - she's a fourteen year old American girl who has been used to being the interesting transfer student. There are two other transfers, but Henri's reputation beat them all. Henri doesn't typically keep friends close, but she may keep a potential enemy closer, and anyone stealing her limelight is an enemy. Henri's also a bit of a sociopath. She can determine how to break a person and so subtly do it, that she can never be blamed. I think she would try to break Erika. Maybe by inviting her to things like Spin the Bottle and parties (she always finds them) and pushing her into situations that freak her out.

Wally Abercrombie - fourteen year old Ravenclaw. Wally is the most precious drug dealer you'd ever meet. She's Australian and a little Potions mastermind, so she helps Keith Nicholas make and sell the drugs Sugar and Spice. But that's just her day job. She's very quiet, very antisocial, athletic, and sort of needs a friend or two. A friend for Wally would be the person that does not expect her to say anything. They can sit in comfortable silence (or they can talk while she listens) as she works.

Penelope Macnair - Penny's my 6th year Slytherin. Honestly... Penny will be terrified of Erika. Penny does not deal well with muggleborns (her parents forbid the interactions) and she strives so hard to be normal, that those who appear anything but, are often strange, frightening creatures to her.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Dixon Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 am

Right then, Vivianna. Smile I think the second situation would be more hilarious. Vivianna could be fascinated by the invisible person Erika keeps talking to, and determined to get to the bottom of the matter or randomly decide she's now her best friend and insist on hugging her at odd intervals, or anything else which strikes your fancy really. Very Happy Not enemy, because I think one is enough and that would be....

Henri. Erika is wierd yes, and not the most popular around, but she's not timid, and I could really see these two clashing. Henri could be Rika's own hound from hell, and guess what, they're in the same House to top the cake. Of course, while all this is going on, Rika could also accidentally become Henri's first real friend at Hogwarts or something along that line, but that's up to you. Smile

Wally hmm.....I can imagine her accidentally thinking that Rika's on drugs already, but obviously moral-bound Erika has to freak out at the suggestion. Definitely future friends.

As for Penelope.....oh joy oh joy, Erika can finally be the freaker instead of freaking out! (and yes, as of now, 'freaker' is officially a word Very Happy )
Erika Dixon
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:36 am

I love it all. I don't know about friendship though, because I've realized Henri really is incapable of sincere feelings - at least this point. She's amazing at faking it, but not feeling it. I really do need someone to demonstrate Henri's abilities on, and I think Rika is perfect. Henri may end up liking Rika for her oddball tendencies, though it would be hard for her to admit it.

Wally would respect Rika for not wanting drugs. Despite the business stuff, Wally has never touched the drugs for herself.

Definitely! Penny is used to being terrified.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Dixon Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:36 am

So to kick things off, I've started an open, classic welcome-to-hogwarts thread. You know, just to introduce Rika to the general Hogwarts inhabitants. You guys are free to drop your random characters here .

And of course, we can start independent threads for most of these lovely people Very Happy Alright?
Erika Dixon
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Brilliant, needing to get to the bottom of the matter is a very Vivianna thing to do. She'll totally think Erika's been cursed, or being haunted by some special ghost, or Erika's magic has created an invisible sentient creature because Erika was so lonely, or some such stupid idea. Viv will also decide that clear the solution to any of these problems is her help and company, it'll be interesting. Very Happy

Viv would also be more than happy to help Erika with her spell work ect. especially potions, Viv is a bit of a potions nerd. I think Erika's app said she was an outdoors fan, considering Vivianna practically lives in trees and other high places, I figure that would be as good a meeting place as any. Thoughts?
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Post by Erika Dixon Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:23 pm

Yes, Erika is pretty much a theory-nerd only. And since Potions involves the least spellcasting, it would be a good place for her to start.

Mhm.......Hogwarts grounds? Night-time? Rika does love her fair share of stargazing Smile Maybe Vivianna can be out collecting ingredients, or any other random reason for students to be out at night. Very Happy

Could you start the thread, pretty please? Smile
Erika Dixon
Erika Dixon
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:02 pm

I think that thread will do well for Henri. Which leaves Wally and Penny - maybe, just to make sure there's no overload of threads, we start off with one of them, and then have another thread another time?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Sounds good! I've got a couple other threads that need replies, and then I'll get right on starting that for us!

(P.S. YOUR SIG! HAHAHA)
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top