Tree Talks
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Tree Talks Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Tree Talks

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tree Talks Empty Tree Talks

Post by Vivianna Varnes Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Vivianna stared across the school's vast gardens. She was at the very edge of the gardens, where a double row of tall sturdy trees were located. Or rather, she was in one of those particular trees. She swung her feet back and forth absently, leaning back against a think branch directly behind her. Vivianna was not having the best day, so she had just retreated to one of her few happy places.

She knew the day was starting to go downhill, when she got into an argument with an older Slytherin. He was a pompous idiot, and by the time they were done, Vivianna was fuming. In an attempt to calm herself, she trekked to one of the potions labs, and started on a mindless draught. She was beginning to calm, when her caldron started steaming in way that was definitely not supposed to happen. So, vanishing the potion, and growing even more agitated, she made her way to the grounds.

Vivianna spend the first five minutes in the tree, grumbling on about how she hadn't messed up a potion in over a year. After getting that out of her system, she spent the next few minutes just enjoying the view of the vast grounds from her perch. Finally completely relaxed, Vivianna leant back, shut her eyes, and began to hum mindlessly. The weather really was quite decent outside today.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 1004

Back to top Go down

Tree Talks Empty Re: Tree Talks

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:33 am

Domi walked along the way to Herbology ground. She loves the outdoor the most. She walked everywhere outside the castle, everyday. Her day wasn't a perfect one, but she is happy no matter what. She saw a big tree near the pathway of Herbology greenhouse. She sat under it, letting its branches to shade her from the orange color of the retreating sun. Oh, how she loves the feeling of the vitamin D running to her bones.

So, today she met again with the boy that she met on a ball. The arrogant, cool, and not so much talked buy yet handsome. One of those D'Eath family. Well, she has no problems with them because she doesn't know them, but this particular man... Somehow she keeps seeing him almost anywhere. Was that a mere coincidence?? She chuckled.

Domi opened her new cooking book that Louis sent her. He included a letter, marking which food he would want to try. She smiled and opened the first food that he choose. Looks delicious, anyway. So she hummed while reading.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:50 pm

Vivianna was humming softly with her eyes shut, when she heard soft footsteps approaching. Opening her eyes and peering down from her high perch, she spotted another girl walking in her direction. She didn't know the newcomer, although Vivianna was pretty sure the girl was a sixth year. She watched as the girl walked down the path, and Vivianna assumed her destination would be the pretty flower garden that most people liked to visit. That's why Vivianna was so surprised when the girl sat down at the base of the tree right next to hers!

She watched as the girl pulled out a book, and began to read its pages. Vivianna knew that her position wasn't very well concealed, and only a glance in her direction would alert the older student to her presence. So, Vivianna figured that she might as well announce herself.

"Interesting book?" the Slytherin called out, attempting to guess at the chances of the student below her being a Ravenclaw.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 am

Domi turned to another page. Aha... Mushroom Ravioli with cream cheese. She definitely would try that one. Then she read another name on Louis letter. She chuckled. He obviously chose them only by pictures. Whichever looks delicious to him. She once asked him why he only took a single glance and then asked her to made it for him. And he said that he could taste it later after Domi succeeded. How sweet of him. Domi used to cook for her family, so she knew exactly which food they like best.

She suddenly heard a voice, a girl voice. "Who is that?" she asked. Domi turned her head left and right, even up, looking for the voice that talked to her. She finally looked upon the tree in front of her. A girl sat there, hidden by branches above. "Mon Dieu! You scared me." she said.

After a few deep breath to calm her heart beat, she smiled to that girl. "It is, for me." she said. "I am Domi. What's your name?" she asked.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Vivianna watched as the girl on the ground looked all over for her after only hearing her voice. Eventually finding Vivianna, the girl offered a smile and her name, before asking for Vivianna's in return.

"I'm Vivianna, fifth year," she said to the other girl, "how about you?" She swung her legs back and forth, contemplating moving down a branch or two to make talking easier. The Slytherin decided that she would, if the conversation continued for a bit, there was no point in moving from her comfortable spot if they wouldn’t talk long.

Eyeing the book that Domi had said she found interesting, Vivianna became curious. "So what's the book about?" she asked carelessly. Vivianna figured that Domi must have been rather absorbed in it, so be startled the way she was. Vivianna could be a very curious person sometimes, and even with her uncle constantly reminding her that it was curiosity that killed the cat, she refused to believe that it was a bad thing.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:24 pm

"Sixth year." she answered. This girl is pretty and a naturalist too. Means she is good with nature, climbing and all. "This book? Oh... It is a book of recipe that my brother sent me. Look at how he noted all the food he wanted to try? Yeah, that's my job to make them." she said and showed her the mark Louis made on that book. She giggled. "You know how my brother chose them?" she asked again. "Only by the look of the picture." then she laughed.

"Oh, anyway, what are you doing up there?" she asked. "Am i interrupting something?" she asked. Well, Viviana was there before her. She could interrupted something, before she knew it, as usual..
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:48 pm

Vivianna listened as Domi talked about her book and a bit about her brother. Vivianna couldn't imagine herself ever doing that. If someone gave her a book of things to make for them, she'd be tempted to throw the book back in their face. Perhaps even a hex or two along with it.

"You're not interrupting anything," Vivianna reassured the older girl, "I just came out here to relax." Pondering over the other girl's words again, Vivianna asked, "and you don't mind doing that for your brother?" The Slytherin figured that the girl on the ground must be incredibly good tempered.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:13 pm

Domi laughed. "Oh, great! I usually am accidentally ran into somebody's business. And i hate it when i've done that again and again." she said, relieved. Dome gave this younger girl her usual sweet smile. "I am not. I love cooking, and my brother obviously loves to eat everything I made. Whenever he found a recipe that looks yummy to him, he will ask me to made it for him, so he can tastes it. And when he find another favorite food, trust me, he will ask me to make it even more." she said.

For most people, being in her position might be annoying. Taking order from your siblings, and so on. But Domi likes it. And the way Louis asks her is not like giving orders. He asks her nicely, he even brought something in return. Besides, she is happy when people like her home-made food.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vivianna Varnes Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Vivianna stood up on the branch she'd previously been sitting on, as soon as Domi had finished talking. "Well, as long as you don't mind it," the Slytherin said, leaning with one hand against the trunk. This girl was so good-natured, Vivianna just couldn't imagine! Although, maybe that's what happens when one lives in a house of Slytherins for five years.

"Out of curiosity, would I know your brother?" she asked the other girl. Domi had mentioned him more than a few times, and the younger girl was curious now. She surveyed the branches below her, attempting to find something closer to the ground that would still make a good perch. Having to almost yell down to Domi was growing tiring. Deciding on one about two meters below where she currently stood, Vivianna transferred herself from branch to branch, until she could settle in the spot she had chosen.
Vivianna Varnes
Vivianna Varnes
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:04 pm

Domi watched as Vivianna moved from branch to branch on the tree in front of her. Her mother would have a heart attack if she ever does that in front of her. She smiled. But then again, she isn't that fool. Domi nodded when Vivianna commented her sentences. And asked about Louis. "He is a few years older than me. You probably know him. Louis Weasley." she said.

She looked at the sunset again. Domi found it beautiful, those orange-ish color of the sun. She then remembered how she and her siblings used to play outside their house when their parents wasn't home. They would climb up a tree and watched the sun set. "We really are close, you know, me and my siblings. With our parents busy with the order and work, we practically grew up helping each other. They love my cooking, although lately Victoire decided to had a diet. But Louis always eat whatever i made him." she said. Looking at the younger girl, she smiled. "How about you? Do you have any siblings?" she asked.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum