Got a Rope?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Got a Rope? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Got a Rope?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got a Rope? Empty Got a Rope?

Post by Colin Firethorn Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:16 am

Andrew was sick of classes. He did well in them, but they were rather boring to him. He wanted to do more than the classes allowed. So, on the first day that the sunshine burst through the clouds, Andrew felt like he was being slammed with spring fever and the desire of all things that came with good weather. Sure, there was still snow in the forecast. But not today. So he opened his backpack and tossed his school textbooks and parchment and quills under the bed with an utter carelessness that looked like he never cared if he saw them again or not.

He tossed in a couple bottles of water. A couple pair of leather climbing gloves, a jacket, his two climbing ropes, and a handful of carabiners, a couple of harnesses, and all the other climbing gear. Was that it? Oh wait...A bit of food--just in case, a pair of binoculars, a wizarding camera, and a few other odds and ends. He packed them up in the back pack, slung it on his shoulder and headed off for the trees.

The forbidden forest was generally forbidden,but since there was little rule and control at the school left, Andrew didn't really care. Rules, shmools. He wanted to climb, to watch the birds, to see any hope of Spring's arrival that he could find.

He was cutting class, and he didnt' regret it a bit. The woods beckoned.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 310

Back to top Go down

Got a Rope? Empty Re: Got a Rope?

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:59 am

Domi walked slowly inside the Forbidden Forest. It was forbidden, but no-one actually listen to it. Everyone who wasn't scared of whatever creature inside it would came back for it silence. And Domi is absolutely one of them. She is not exactly fearless, but she enjoys being alone in the open. And plus, she does not have classes for today. Domi just brought a book with her, not worrying about food and drink because a wand will take care of them.

There is this small pool inside the Forbidden Forest. Domi loves to sit under the tree where sunlight directly spotted that place. It's like a single spotlight on theater that her mother used to take her. She sat there, and feeling the chill breeze of last winter blowing her face and hair. She sighed and opened her book. This is definitely the best way to start a holiday.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 832

http://www.houseofmagic.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:58 am

Andrew saw a tree that might be great for the climbing. He looked behind him to be sure that no professors or prefects were there to catch him, and, feeling safe, he took off his backpack and decided to make a swift spin to behind the tree to avoid being seen.

When he went around the tree, though, he jumped, startled. There was someone there. Sitting at the bottom of the tree. It took him a second to realize that it was a student like himself.

"Oh jeez!" he breathed out. "You scared me. So--I'm not the only one skipping class this morning, huh? I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me. I'm Andrew." He put the pack down on the ground and sat down. He hadn't thought of a book even though he did like to read. "What are you reading?" he asked, always looking for a good book.
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 am

Domi opened her book and started to read it. It was quiet. The chill breeze blew her peach-colored dress. It was a good thing that she was wearing legging. She crossed her legs, so that the wind won't blow it again. Domi waved her wand and a goblet full of hot chocolate appeared in front of her. She took a sip of her hot chocolate and felt the warmth all over her body.

While she was reading, apparently someone is coming. This boy looked surprised to saw her there. She looked at him. She bet he is also a student, like her. Although maybe a little younger than her. Domi loves the quietness here, but she definitely welcome some good company too.

Domi gave him a smile. "Relax... My mouth is sealed." She said. "I am Domi. Pleasure to meet you." She moved some of her things to make spaces for him to sit dowm. "Ah... It's Shakespears." She amswered.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Colin Firethorn Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:11 pm

"I've read some of Shakespeare, but not all of his works. I guess right now I like Midsummer Night's Dream the best. Personally, I'd rather read mysteries right now. I'm reading the old Sherlock Holmes stories. Found a volume of them in the library. They're not bad, really...." He always found talking to a girl a bit awkward, but then, as if it wasn't hard enough, his pocket croaked. Andrew rolled his eyes.

"Frog," he said. He peeked inside his jacket pocket. "Really?" he asked the little green frog. "I told you, I"m not letting you out in the Forbidden Forest. You wouldn't even be a good snack. You're too little. Stay in there and behave. I'll get you a bug in a bit." He looked back at Domi. "I know we're not normally allowed to have frogs, but, well, when I cam here, Frog was as close to a family member as I had, so they let me keep him."
Colin Firethorn
Colin Firethorn
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dominique E. Weasley Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:52 am

Domi laughed. It's good to have someone to talk to, especially one that understand books. "Midsummer Night's Dream is great, but i am more of romance reader, like Romeo and Juliet." she said. "Holmes was exceptionally clever, but you should try Agatha Christie's for more thrill." she added. Domi reads all kind of books, from romance to WWII. She enjoys how the writer explained everything that happened word by word.

Domi giggled as she watched Andrew talking to his frog. "No, really i get it. I talk to my owl, too." she said. Alistair was her first living birthday present from her parents. Got him when she turned eleven. Just before she went to Hogwarts. And even though she doesn't have any problems finding friends, she still talked to him frequently.
Dominique E. Weasley
Dominique E. Weasley
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top