Sanguis Vita Est
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Sanguis Vita Est Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Sanguis Vita Est

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sanguis Vita Est Empty Sanguis Vita Est

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:34 am

It was late...too late to be roaming the corridors of the castle, but that is what Marguerite was doing. There was a great danger of being caught by any teachers patrolling the hallways, or that pesky poltergeist who delighted in alerting the whole castle when a student was out of bed. Marguerite's night-time wanderings were usually taken outside the castle, into the grounds or the Forbidden Forest; where she was much less likely to be seen. Tonight was special; however, tonight, she was out to steal a certain potion. She was not sure whether the castle's hospital carried exactly what she was looking for, but there were only two ways to find out, and she highly doubted the school nurse would tell her. It was too obvious why she would want it, and she highly doubted the school head would approve.

Marguerite's feeding on her newly entrusted 'Donor' earlier that night had shaken her a bit. She had the art of feeding on a living being without killing them down to perfection when she had last entertained Donors, but that had been over a century ago. She had become to thirsty for living blood recently, and she had taken too much. She had given the boy his strength back with the use of her own blood, but she could not continue to do that, lest he become a ghoul. The only other option she could see in front of her, was to steal some blood replenishing potion from the hospital wing until she fell back into the art of feeding from a Donor. She would not risk bleeding the boy too dry again, unless she had some back-up.

Marguerite arrived outside the hospital wing, crouching close to the floor, making it more difficult for her profile to be deciphered through the darkness. She had no way of knowing whether there were any students within the hospital dormitory or not. If there were, a nurse would surely be in there to monitor them. She couldn't be sure whether or not the nurse always slept in the wing. Marguerite would just have to proceed under the assumption that they did, which meant being extra quiet.

Marguerite squeezed past the heavy wooden doors and found herself standing between the two lines of beds. She did a quick visual sweep of the room. Surely, the potions would be kept in the Head Nurse's office. Marguerite approached the door separating the patient beds from the nurse's station. She reached her hand out and grasped the handle, trying the door to see if it was locked.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sanguis Vita Est Empty Re: Sanguis Vita Est

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:12 am

Marguerite winced as the piercing sound echoed through the room as soon as her hand had touched the doorknob. For not the first time, Marguerite was forcibly reminded that this was the wizarding world. They had more reliable methods of preventing a break-in. Many times Marguerite found herself wishing that she was back in the good 'ol muggle world, before there were such things as electronic alarms...and definitely no magical means of detection. This was definitely one of those times.

Marguerite considered running off, but she knew that the noise would likely have already attracted Peeves, who seemed to have a sixth sense for when and where all the excitement in the castle was happening. He'd probably be waiting for her right outside, ready to wake up the whole castle with his cries of 'student out of bed!' Instead, Marguerite stood at the door as if frozen by surprise, a grim look on her face. She had barely conceived any sort of thought as to how she would explain herself when the door flew open and the nurse was standing in front of her.

"Errr..." Marguerite answered, her hesitation likely not helping her any, "I'm an anemic and I believe I need some blood-replenishing potion. I, uh, feel clammy and weak...and my skin has become very pale."

Marguerite guessed that the lie wasn't too bad for having to think it up right on the spot, which she was not very good at. She would feel cool to the touch, and her skin was pale....she could only hope that this nurse was extremely gullible. Marguerite steeled herself to be extremely disappointed on this point.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:49 pm

"Well, so far so good..." Marguerite thought to herself as she followed Angelique into the room, "At least she hasn't raised her voice to me yet...but I wonder whether I can actually get away with this..."

Marguerite sat in the chair indicated by Angelique. She closed her legs together, sitting slightly sideways and bent at the knee. Her hands were folded primly in her lap...most definitely not like a slouchy teen would sit.

"I am Marguerite de....Marguerite Lancret," Marguerite replied, mentally slapping herself for using the honorific before her surname.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:00 am

Marguerite cringed, plastering a sheepish smile on her face. She should have known that weak lie would not get her through this mess.

"Well...." Marguerite replied, her brain working over-time, "I suppose technically you could call me anemic....I do have a shortage of red blood cells, which do not replenish themselves."

Marguerite faltered, thinking that if she began to try and reason her way out of this, it would only make the woman angry.

"I will not be able to reason my way out of this one, will I?" Marguerite asked, dropping any pretense.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum