Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires? Empty Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires?

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Marguerite wished that she could say the cold night caused her skin to prickle and goosebumps to erupt upon her flesh, however she was dead and could no longer feel such discomforts. The girl raised her head to the sky, the pale skin on her neck seeming to gleam in the darkness. She sighed as she stared wistfully up at the stars, the only light she has been able to bathe under for centuries. The nervous whinny of a horse brought her head back down as Marguerite returned to conscious thought, and realize where her wandering feet had lead her.

Marguerite found herself outside the Care of Magical Creatures paddock, where she knew the professor of the subject to be keeping a small menagerie of farm animals. Though she knew the place to be off-limits outside of class, Marguerite continued to slowly approach the compound, stopping only when all the animals had awoken and were in obvious agitation. Marguerite gazed forlornly at a handsome palomino stallion, who was stamping his hoof solidly into the ground to announce his displeasure at being visited by an other-wordly being.

Marguerite was used to the fact that she represented fear to most herbivores, and made fellow carnivores wary. What else could she expect when the smell of her unnatural death emanated from her skin. They seemed to have an innate knowledge of her nature as well, fearful that they could become her next meal.

"Fear not, you beasts of burden," Marguerite announced to the creatures in a ringing voice, "Tonight shall not be your last, for I enjoy much better tasting things to eat."

At the sound of her voice, many of the animals shifted uncomfortably, though not quite in a panic. Perhaps they thought that to panic and run would only ignite a predatory reaction within Marguerite, which of course, it very well could. She had been feeling a mighty thirst throughout the entire day after all.

((The setting is very late at night. I would say around midnight. Selwyn doesn't seem to mind breaking rules, so I thought there could be a good chance that they'd meet.))
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 104

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires? Empty Re: Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires?

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 am

Marguerite froze momentarily, her mind working as what the best way would be to frighten the young man who dare interrupt her evening...especially having overheard her speaking to animals. Had she any pigment in that pale skin of hers, she may have flushed from embarrassment.

Marguerite slowly turned, tilting her head to catch the dim moonlight, so that her eyes would sheen like a cat's. She thought that she had recognized the voice. Though she wasn't quite sure how much he knew of her, she a bit about him merely because he was in his final year as part of Slytherin House. From what she had seen, the boy seemed to have a gift for causing trouble.

"Speaking of tastier things to eat..." she said with a smile.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires? Empty Re: Does Curfew Really Apply to Vampires?

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:45 am

Marguerite cocked her had at him in a puzzled manner. She was not sure where he would have obtained the idea that she was seducing him. Perhaps it was the eat? ....or perhaps that she said he would be tasty? Marguerite had been on the earth for far too long to be able to keep up with the speaking styles of the young...and the old for that matter. Often times, when she made a desperate attempt at being cool, she'd use lingo that had been popular among teens in the 60s and early 70s; however, she still had a hard time wrapping her head around how the word 'dude' had evolved from an insult to the general term for a surfer male. She had yet to learn that it did not only apply to surfers or a rancher from the west anymore.

Marguerite shook her head to clear her brain of these sorts of thoughts. Sometimes she dwelled too much on how to keep up with the spinning world. It was hard to be witty when you are used to taking all the time you need to plan something out. She decided to play it out.

"Well," she said in a sickly sweet voice as she slowly approached him, "The words were meant to intimidate, but if it is seduction you are after...."

Marguerite was paying attention to how many steps she was taking. As soon as she was close enough to Selwyn, she'd be within range to use her speed and reach him before he could blink. Give him a good scare. He seemed like the type who did not scare easy, and she was always up for a challenge.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:56 am

Marguerite stopped walking towards the boy, peering at him suspiciously. There had been something different, but she did not quite pick up on what the change had been. It wasn't enough to cause her any sort of fear, but it was enough to make her cautious. She could tell he was not a vampire; however, that small flicker of change gave her cause to believe that he may not be entirely human.

"Do not worry, little boy," she taunted, "I enjoy the taste of the sweet and innocent. I would haphazard a guess that you are neither. I mean, shouldn't good little children be snuggled up in bed at this time of night?"
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Marguerite de Lancret Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

"And what reason would you have to follow me, boy?" Marguerite asked, holding her head arrogantly high, "What was it about my night-time wandering that compelled you so to trace my steps. You are neither professor nor prefect nor Head boy, so it must not be discipline you were after. Was mere curiosity? Fascination? Is what I do with my own time so utterly important to you?"

Marguerite continued to hold her place where she had stopped. She regarded him a bit disdainfully. She often found herself detesting the nosiness many of these mortal children seemed to posses.
Marguerite de Lancret
Marguerite de Lancret
Third Year Gryffindor
Third Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top