BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION Empty BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION

Post by Susan Bones Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:09 am

We interrupt your normal radio station broadcast for important news that affects all of you. All these rumors about chances to the Daily Prophet are about to be proven or dis proven along with all those questions people are aching to know. Today Susan is here to announce what this new editions are along with several other important updates that no one is going to want to miss.

"Welcome Miss Bones. We are glad to have you here today. We are all dying to know what rumors are true and which ones aren’t,” –Radio Broadcaster.

“I’m glad to be here. First off I wanted to start off with I can’t be the amazing comeback the Daily Prophet is doing. Sales have gone up by twenty percent. I’m also quite pleased with the reviews we are getting in. I go to work in morning and I have piles of wonderful reviews on the Daily Prophet,”--- Susan.

“Now do you mind telling us about the rumors going on about new editions to the Daily Prophet? We’ve been hearing about them since you took management of the Daily Prophet and we all want to know what you are purposing, “—Radio Broadcaster.

“I am glad to announce that we are adding a new section where professors and staff members of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. In this section professors and staff are allowed to post concerns, reviews of Hogwarts and adversative classes. We are also adding another new section for students to post concerns, reviews and advertise for school organizations. And the final new section advertising any new business, old business, special offers and other important community events,”---Susan

“Well, well, isn’t that interesting. For all of you viewers listening in call in and tell us your opinion on this announcement,” –Radio Broadcaster

“Wait, that isn’t all,”---Susan

“What else do you have in store for us Miss Bones?” –Radio Broadcaster.

“Not only am I glad to announce the new additions to the Daily Prophet but new opportunity for students of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We are adding new knew monthly contests. The first contests is where you students write us an article of what is happening in Hogwarts and the Daily Prophet staff and other unbiased community members will chose the article that will be in the Daily Prophet that month. And for that month’s winner we are offering a free family vacation that means no cost to the family everything will be paid for. Now for the second contest is a drawing contest where students can send in any magical themed artwork to the Daily Prophet, drawings will be chosen by Daily Prophet staff and community members. The winner of that month’s contest will get a completely covered day trip to muggle London,” ---Susan

“My my, aren’t you an ambitious woman,” –Radio Broadcaster

“Oh stop flirting, Anthony, ---Susan (laughing)

“Parents and other community members please call in. In the meantime we are going to get a little personal Miss Bones, if you don’t mind.” –Radio Broadcaster

“Oh sure, why not?” ---Susan
“Now we heard over the summer that you got divorced. What can you tell us about your divorce?” –Radio Broadcaster

“I will not talk badly about my ex-husband if that’s what you are getting at. I’m sorry Anthony but I cannot talk about that,” ---Susan

“That’s alright. You’ve also had an unfortunate tragedy at the end of last month, do you mind talking to us about it?” –Radio Broadcaster

“Yes it was a tragedy and I’ve come to realize a lot since my oldest son and daughter were killed. It’s unfortunate it took them dying to realize certain mistakes I’ve made and I will live with the fact I hadn’t been able to fix them before their death for the rest of my life. But I also made another promise to myself. I will not spend the rest of life mourning them; I’m going to live for them. They both were amazing kids and sometimes I wonder how they were even mine. And for James and Lily Potter who took time out of their daily lives to show up at the wake thank you for showing up, I really did appreciate it and sorry for all the craziness,”---Susan

“That’s so amazing. Is there anything you would like to say to the families that lost family members in the attack in Diagon Alley?”—Radio Broadcaster

“Yes there is. Don’t ever give up. Don’t stop living, live for them. For all those who have been taken from us live within us and long as we live they will never be forgotten. Long as we all stand together nothing can break the bond that ties every witch and wizard together. We have seen in the past two wars. People came together afterwards and rebuilt the wizarding community. We can rebuild after this tragedy. I’m currently rebuilding the Daily Prophet office along with and I am putting up a memorial in the Daily Prophet for anyone who wants to add pictures of family members or friends that have been taken from this world, naturally or violently,” ---Susan

“On that heartfelt note we are going to take a short commercial break. Please call us; we want to know your opinion. I’m Anthony Hayes and this is the Wizarding Radio.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION

Post by James S. Potter Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:34 am

"We got a Mr. James Potter on the phone with us now. I do not think there is any need for further introduction, as I do not believe there is anyone in the wizarding world who does not know the Potter kids. Take it away, James" --Radio Broadcaster

"Hello, and greetings to you, Susan. It was a very sorrowful event, which brought myself and Lily to your home, but I am glad to see that I brought you some comfort in these trying times." --James

"Warms the heart there, don't it, folks? Well now, James, tell us: What do you think of this new direction the Daily Prophet is taking in regards to Hogwarts?" --Radio Broadcaster

"I think it's a brilliant idea! Since it is my sister's final year there, and she is a bit lax with sending owls, I always wonder what is going on at the school there. It'd be a nice light in my day to be reading about all the current gossip going on at the school...and of course, the ability to gather ammunition to shame Lily with for our next argument. Be nice to win one for a change." --James

"And that was James Potter and his take on the newest direction the Daily Prophet is taking. Susan, anything you want to say to James before he cuts off?" --Radio Broadcaster
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS FROM THE WIZARDING RADIO STATION

Post by Susan Bones Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:13 am

“It’s always nice to hear from you James. I hadn’t seen you since you were a little kid until the Diagon Alley incident, even though I do have a way of embarrassing you and your sister. What can I say I’m a mother at heart? I also know what you mean with not knowing what’s going on at Hogwarts. The only time I hear from Hogwarts is when one of my kids is skipping class, getting into fights or Amelia is sobbing over some major drama. I really wanted parents and guardians of Hogwarts students to know what is really going on. I also think it is very important for the community to take part in Hogwarts. I’m sure many parents and Hogwarts staff has concerns and comment about Hogwarts. I know I do. It is nice to see that someone is taking interest in the Daily Prophet these days,”---Susan

“While we wait for the next caller do you want to explain in more contexts about what you were talking about Mr. James Potter and meeting him recently?” –Radio Broadcaster

“Ah yes. I was heading to Diagon Alley during that awful attack where we had two community members kidnapped. I’m not sure if I’m allowed to give names or not so I’m not going to. I had arrived and ended up going into a building to save a small child I heard crying. Unfortunately I was unable to save the original child but ended up saving his baby sister. I was severely burned when the building collapsed while I went after the originally child I went in after. I was recently hospitalized from the burns; I really should have listened to that Healer. James helped me out by fighting off the flames, which he an amazing job doing I must say,” ---Susan

“We don’t get the chance to ask many people to talk about this but do you mind talking about Mr. Harry Potter and the Second War. I know it’s a hard topic for everyone but I think the wizarding community would love to hear about it from you but if you don’t want to talk about it, it’s fine,” –Radio Broadcaster

“I’d love to talk about it. I’m not afraid to say I was part of the original Dumbledore’s Army, I fought in the Battle of Hogwarts and I lost many friends and family members in the process. I hadn’t really know Harry that well but we had talked a few times. The Second War was very hard on my family but I guess you can’t keep the Bones family done. During that war we lost my Aunt Amelia, whom I named my youngest daughter after; she was an amazing witch who did a lot for the Wizarding community. I’m glad I had the chance to meet her; if it hadn’t been for her I don’t know where I would be now. She inspired me to fight for Hogwarts, for the wizarding community and still inspires to me do stuff for the wizarding community like my takeover of the Daily Prophet. I swore I would never let those who died in either wars to die in vain and I will live by that until the day I die,” ---Susan

“You said that you fought for Hogwarts and the wizarding community, would you fight for them now?” –Radio Broadcaster

“I’m sure I’ll be getting an owl on how stupid this is to say on a public broadcast but yes I would. I would die if it came to it. I didn’t fight in the Battle of Hogwarts for nothing. I didn’t get those scars for nothing. And my Aunt didn’t die for nothing. I neither did Harry and everyone else who died during those wars. I would fight for all of the deaths new and old if I was called upon,” ---Susan

“We would love to keep talking but we should let you listeners get a small break from us while we fix a technical issue with the phones. If you aren’t getting through please keep calling, we will have the phones working in just a moment”—Radio Broadcaster
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum