The Vote- Round One
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Vote- Round One Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Vote- Round One

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Vote- Round One Empty The Vote- Round One

Post by Demetri Gamble Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 pm

-Please list the two duelist you felt performed the best. The winners will move on to the finals.

-While voting please keep in mind several things:
1. Creativity-
How creative was the character during the duel?
Did they use their surroundings?
Did they pull off an impressive feat?
2. Realistic-
Was the character playing realistically?
Did the character make logical sense in everything they did?
Remember: Your characters aren’t invincible. They may get hit with a spell or two or even become greatly injured. Don’t be afraid to get hurt a little. Nothing here will kill your characters. This will not be our only duels so you will have a chance to compete again should you be beaten
3. Story-
What is going on inside the characters mind?
Are they staying in character or doing thing a little out of the ordinary?
-Overall you may vote how you see fit. When reading the duels keep in mind whose duel you are reading. A duel between two adults may need to be viewed a bit differently than a duel between students.

- Also, try not to vote for your own characters. I realize some of you may be playing with more than one character, so try to send your votes to others you think have competed well.

Last edited by Demetri Gamble on Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

The Vote- Round One Empty Re: The Vote- Round One

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 am

Are we PMing them, or posting here?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Demetri Gamble Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:37 pm

Post Here. And we will see if I can make anything out of it.
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm going to vote for a pair that actually posted together.

There were a few people I wanted to vote for, but as we're limited to two, I cast my vote as thus:

Iris Ayala and Mystique McKay

I think I just enjoyed their dynamic. I liked that Mystique decided to start the thread with a wild spell and that Iris responded appropriately - with terror.

Both characters allowed their character to be bested. When Iris posted saying that she used the smoky fog as cover, Mystique honored that.

Mystique also allowed her character to make a grave mistake and shoot herself with a spell. That takes a bit of strength, I think, to let your character make a foolish mistake, as all people make mistakes.

So, my vote goes to them.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Silvyr Svan Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:44 pm

I have three winners: Theodora Crewe, Iris Ayala, Whight Linstrum.

Acknowledgements for being active, true to character, and different/fun to read: Mystique Mykay, Alexander Jones, Zandell Dawlish.

But now that know who will post I feel like we should have semi finals where the people who posted get a chance to duel and then we pick winners. A lot of us didn't even get a chance to have a second post and that's a bloody shame.
List of Active duelists-
Zandell Dawlish
Santana Lopez
Hitame Higurashi
Silvyr Svan
Chad Taylor
James Potter
Alex Star
Mystique Mykay
Theodora Crewe
Iris Ayala
Shay Kendall