The Wake
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Wake Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Wake

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Wake Empty The Wake

Post by Susan Bones Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:46 pm

Susan was pacing around the house. She was sick to her stomach. Tomorrow she’d have to look at the coffins of her children. She wasn’t sure she would be able to do it. She had been ignoring it so far but at least must people wouldn’t care if she was crying. She also knew her ex-husband will be coming, which was going to be awkward.

She resolved to breaking into the liquor cabinet. She poured herself a glass of firewhisky. She knew that she would have to pace herself otherwise she’d be drunk in a hour or two. She knew it wasn’t healthy but it was all she could think do.

“Kids! Father! Come on people will be arriving soon!” called Susan.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 232
Special Abilities : Animagus, Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

The Wake Empty Re: The Wake

Post by Jessica Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:26 am

Jessica had a muggle disease 'glandular fever' which was causing her to sleep at the most unecessary times, like now. She was having a nightmare that Ernie; her father was home, and as she went to hug him, he was pulling away. She was awoken by her mothers hoarse scream, and she let out a short groan before lifting 3 quilts off her heavily clothed body.

She was drenched in sweat at she looked at herself in the mirror and was disgusted. She took off her layers of clothes until her body was bare. She wrapped herself in a silk kimono and headed downstairs and half-way down she heard a smash then a clink of bottle against glass and knew her mother was drinking.

She continued down, but didn't say anything to her mother, thinking it would cause extreme awkwardness. Instead she reached her hand into the cabinet a pulled 3 shot glasses. She poured Chocolate Liquer into the first, Firewhiskey into the second and lastly Gin.

She sculled them down one after the other, then grabbed some rum and sat down, took a swig and let out a long sigh, she knew it was underage drinking, what would her mother say?
Jessica Macmillan
Jessica Macmillan
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:59 am

Susan wasn’t going to scold Jessica if that’s what she was trying to get out of her. Susan had done much worst the drink at Jessica’s age. Jessica was nearly an adult, if she tells her not to drink the chances are she’ll drink just because she’s not supposed to. She was a teenager once and knew how teenagers where.

“If you’re trying to bother me it’s not going to work. I really don’t care if you drink, it’s your life so do whatever you want but I don’t suggest doing it often if you value your organs,” said Susan. She poured another glass. She knew she was not pacing herself very well. But she didn’t care, let them all see the mess she is.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:13 am

Amelia had been in the shower when her mother yelled. She jumped subbing her toe on the counter. Now she was swearing like a sailor hopping on one foot trying to get dressed. Still hopping on one foot she brushed her teeth and then hopped back to her room. Her grandfather came walking out into the hallway and gave Amelia a weird look.

“Quite the yelling! We old people need our sleep!” boomed Susan’s father down the staircase.

Amelia tried shaking awake Drew and few times with no success so she flipped over his mattress. Drew landed up a loud thud then jumped up. He glared at his sister then gathered his stuff to go take his shower.

Amelia was walking down the stairs when her astral projection decided to act up. She blacked out. Then flashes of images appeared. She couldn’t even focus on one of them to take notice of each one. Then she snapped back staggering back falling backwards onto the step. She gasped put ended up not falling down the stairs. She got up and continued down like nothing had happened. She noticed her sister was drinking along with her mum but she went into the fridge and found the milk and poured a glass. “Drew, stop wasting the bloody water!” yelled Amelia after she could hear the water running for a half hour. “Bugger off!” yelled Drew. “Oh quite it, stop being such a crank, you’re being worst then grandpa on Sunday morning,” called Amelia up the stairs rolling her eyes at Drew.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:48 am

Chad walked to the Bones old estate, he knew where it was, who didn't? He hadn't received an invitation, but he was there to support Amelia, there was a little sexual tension between the two, well at least there was that day in the DADA lesson, did she still feel anything for him? Anyway-he wasn't there to woo her while she was depressed or sick, or feeling down, he was there to support her. He'd admit it he thought she was pretty hot, but he wouldn't say that here, especially here.

He'd gone out and bought her two blocks of peppermint chocolate, a freshly made pumpkin pie thanks to his mother, and a little jar of cinnamon. He had a photographic memory but could also remember the tiniest of details. A few months ago in the clock tower, Amelia had said those were what she smelt in Amortentia, even if he wasn't her soulmate it didn't hurt to try.

He knocked 5 times, and then a combination of 2 double knocks, and called out, "It's Chad!"
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Bones Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:15 am

Susan let her kids bicker with each other. She was tired of screaming at them so she yet them learn the hard way. She was already starting a third glass and she was already a bit drunk. She decided not to pour another glass and just to drink it slowly. She honestly had been drinking to get drunk in the first place but not overally drunk. This was just the amount of drunk that would wear off in a few hours then later half of the wake she will be able to drink again.

Susan’s father came down went into the kitchen got the glass of Gin and started drinking it. He grumbled about being up so early, which wasn’t really that word. Then was he going on about not being able to find his glasses that were on top of his head.

“Someone help me with this bloody tank. I’m not staying up here all day!” called Susan’s mother. She was now standing at the top of her stairs with her oxygen tank and cane.

Susan got up and opened the door. “You know Chad, I don’t know who you are when you yell Chad,” said Susan. She was honestly just messing with the boy as a sort of test. She already knew from Amelia who he was.
Susan Bones
Susan Bones
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:27 am

Amelia jumped up soon as her mother opened the door and hugged Chad. It had seemed like forever since they had talked. She knew she hadn’t been the nicest person in the library and the fact that he’d show up excited her. She just hoped her family didn’t scare him off. It was going to be interesting what an old family would think of her Slytherin friend. She had only hinted to her mother that it wasn’t just a friendship.

She should warn him about her family. He was going to have one heck of a shock. “Fair warning, my mum is drunk, my sister is drinking, my grandfather is drinking, my grandmother wants someone to help her downstairs with her oxygen tank and Drew is crabbier then all get out. Oh yeah, my dad will be here and while my dad is a pureblood Hufflepuff, so have fun with him,” she whispered into his ear before letting go.
Amelia Macmillan
Amelia Macmillan
Hufflepuff Prefect
Hufflepuff Prefect

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Chad Taylor Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:52 am

He could see she was messing with him, so he'd do the same, Chad could smell the alcohol on her breath and just smiled at her, "Inebriated already? I guess your'e starting the party early" he said. He was joking of course and hoped she didn't take it the wrong way.

Out of nowhere, Amelia hugged him, and he hugged her back, Chad quite enjoyed this and then she whispered into his ear, " “Fair warning, my mum is drunk, my sister is drinking, my grandfather is drinking, my grandmother wants someone to help her downstairs with her oxygen tank and Drew is crabbier then all get out. Oh yeah, my dad will be here and while my dad is a pureblood Hufflepuff, so have fun with him,” he just smiled at her, and then when she let go he did the same.

"Nice meeting you Miss. Bones???" he said, he wasn't sure if she wanted to be called Miz, Miss or Mrs. only time would tell. "He walked in, and saw a girl who was a near twin of Amelia, only she looked older, he nodded at her, then walked off, "Amelia," he said his attention directing onto her, "What would you like to do first?"
Chad Taylor
Chad Taylor
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessica Macmillan Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:04 am

She waved to the boy, but didn't say anything, the alcohol was kicking in, and she couldn't bare to say anything, in case she somehow embarrassed her little sister, so she kept her mouth shut, and walked up to her mother, and whispered into her left ear. "I'd keep your eye on that one, he seems too good to be true, and he's not Slytherin-esque." She was about to accuse him of something, but she'd have to be careful with her wording.

"We have a big bounty on our name, he's a Slytherin, probably a dark follower, god knows what his up to. Just be careful."
Jessica Macmillan
Jessica Macmillan
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 60

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily L. Potter Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:10 am

James was running late- something about Quidditch practice or something to that affect, and Albus was nowhere to be seen. So, Lily set about attending the wake on her own. She had dressed for it appropriately, and she came bearing gifts, if you will. Her hair had been pulled back into a ponytail- from there it fluffed out like crazy. Her makeup had even been toned down- but only a little.

Lily had gone through this before. Apparently, as a baby when her father died- and then five years ago when her mother had died. She had yet to bury a sibling, and she would refuse too. She had known the Bones children fairly well. Perhaps not well enough to be considered friends, but enough to mourn the loss of Claire and Edgar.

She knocked on the door, but heard voices inside, so she pushed open the door and closed it after her. She followed the voices and poked her head around the corner- here everyone was. "Hello?" She stood out, directing her words for Susan. "Hi, Ms Bones. I brought you some bread." She offered the basket of bread and smiled. "When my mum died everyone gave us casseroles. We ended up running out of bread, because no one thought about groceries. It's pretty essential so..." she trailed off. "So I brought you bread."
Lily L. Potter
Lily L. Potter

Number of posts : 97

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top