So... First Impressions!?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

So... First Impressions!? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

So... First Impressions!?

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

So... First Impressions!? Empty So... First Impressions!?

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:19 pm

She had brought Whight into this mess, so she knew it was her duty to at least make it seem less hopeless. Jack wished Whight had come to a boring meeting first, to at least see how this could be viewed as an improvement of sorts. She wouldn't doubt if Whight had lost faith, wanted to quit on the,, so Jack knew she needed to do some damage control.

She had asked him to meet her at Cafe Twin Montez for a few reasons. First, she didn't know where he lived. Second, it was always pleasantly busy so a conversation could go unheard if one knew the right spells, and Jack did. Third, she had been consuming a lot of alcohol in the past few days, so avoiding somewhere with a bar was helpful.

She had ordered herself a Coke and a side of fries, patiently waiting for Whight to arrive.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

So... First Impressions!? Empty Re: So... First Impressions!?

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:58 am

Whight walked through the streets. Jack had given him a time and it was only minutes until his arrival would be expected. Whight almost thought that the Oder meeting had recently attended was a joke. But when Jack approached him afterward to further explain what he had just witnessed, he knew things had just turned in a downward direction that no one expected.

On a similar note, Whight couldn't have been happier to see the absence of any sort of order in the meeting. The news of this would please his employer very much and Whight now knew his job would not be as difficult as he once thought it might be.

As Whight neared the venue, he spotted Jack waiting for him. She look pale and almost sickly, but he had no idea what she may have been through. just before taking a seat, Whight stopped a waitress. "A glass of tea please. Just over here," he said and handed the girl a few coins. "Evening, Ms. Jack." He leaned back in his chair and survey the passing public. He waited for the girl to give him a sort of explanation before he began questioning his own assumptions.

Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:15 am

Jack had eaten a good portion of her fries, for she was esteemed to have a appetite much heartier than she looked capable of. She had eaten already but she could go for another round of that too. Two days with an hour of sleep and heaps of stress could do that to anyone. Even Jack had her weaknesses.

Ocassionally.

She spotted Whight and she looked up, grimly smiling in greeting, though er smiles had come to resemble something between a twitch and a grimace. He sat and she said, "Glad you came Whight. Have at the fries. I won't take forever with this. The Order looks like cat puke. I know. I imagine you are severely displeased with it."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:56 pm

The waitress brought him his tea. "Much thanks," he said to her. He took a small sip before speaking. "The "Order" should perhaps seek a new name." he jokes without laughter. "I can't say I was either please or displeased; I didn't know what to expect. But I must admit, things could have been handled in a far better manner. I don't wish to call Mr. Lestrange incompetent, but I believe there a number of us could have ran things in a better fashion."

Whight paused to take another drink of tea. "I am glad you called me here though so I can get some clarity on the what was really suppose to take place and what we, as members, are suppose to be doing out in the world."
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:35 pm

Jack grinned saying, "You know, that meeting was actually a bit of an improvement. Jess Potter, even though I respect him a lot, never really let us discuss anything. If we argued, it was quenched, so we never got any ideas rolling and we did nothing. Even if I'm incredibly disinclined to give Matt any sort of credit, at least she didn't treat us like children to be babysat. Even if some of the Order are children." She rolled her eyes as she thought of a few of them.

She paused. "Right now, our main goal is to watch out for the Death Eaters. We have no idea who is in charge, but we know they are effective. We need intelligence, but no one seems willing to risk ourselves to get us that information. The won't agree on anything."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:25 pm

'Intelligence,' Whight thought, almost laughing to himself. To him the Order seemed to be getting a little ahead of itself. There was hardly and structure to their little organization, and by Whight's standards there was none at all. As Whight left their first meeting he felt that he could have led a more productive gathering as a new member than the one he had just witnesses. Now that he was an established member he knew next time he would have a little more say in all the matters.

"You have proven to me that your word is good and so I am going to trust you with some information. Additionally, I have made a vow to you so the majority of my fate is in your hands already. I plan to further gain your trust by keeping you inform of my affairs" Whight looked around a cast another spell that silenced their conversation to others. "With approval, it is my plan to infiltrate that Death Eaters. I have information and the means that I believe will grant me access to their 'little club,' if you will," he said working to downplay the real threat of the Death Eaters. "I did not bring this up during the meeting because no one but that foolish girl seemed to want to talk about the matter; and I agreed. It is something everyone should not be made aware of due to the simple fact that we don't know who may be working for who."

Whight pulled out his journal and scribbled a few notes before saying, "It's dangerous work I know, but I feel I must prove myself to the Order and babysitting children would be a waste of my talents. The majority of my work I do alone and I do it well. This seemed like the only logic step for me and the Order." He placed the small book back within his coat.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:43 pm

Jack paused, listening to all Whight had to say, but still feeling displeased with what he told her. She was, however, glad he wanted to tell her, or that he somehow felt compelled or obligated to let her in on his plans. She took a drink of her soda, before eating a few of the fries, patiently listening to all that Whight had to say, and carefully picking what she needed to say in response.

"I do believe you are competent for such a job," Jack said, "based on our interactions. But you need to understand that you've been to one meeting. Sending you in is as much a liability as sending in... What was her name? Santana? And please don't take offense to that." Jack grimaced at the thought of the girl. "The Order cannot risk sending in someone so new. to the operation." She paused and provided him with a hint. "Trying to uncover specific members of the Death Eaters may be a way to begin on a mission like that, however. Before one swore allegiance, and got the tattoo, to acquaint themselves with Death Eaters might be a vital step."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:36 am

Whight had expected Jack's response. He knew it still early in the game to get back to his home lands, but he wanted it to be known by the key members what he was up to so suspicion didn't arise.

"You bring forth a valid point, but I want to you to know that I did not become a member of the Order by just asking. I have information that I have shared with our leader. I have already done the very thing you have suggested. I knew I couldn't simply walk in a be announced as a member so I took the necessary steps." Whight took another drink of his tea.

"Before I came to you I got my hands dirty for the Order on my own accord to show I was dedicated to the cause. It took me quite some time but I gathered a small list of known Death Eaters. That is what I have used to gain the trust of Mr. Lestrange. If you don't believe me we can approach some of them that are on the list and you can decide for yourself."

"What do you propose we do now then?" he asked. "You don't seem all too interested in undercover work. Someone has to step or else nothing will get done."
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:25 am

Jack sat through it all, not at all keen to burst in and begin responding until she knew all she had to respond to. He suggested herself as the under cover appointee and she accepted his assumption with grace. She understood the possibility of it being her. She could not say one thing and then stop showing up to Order meetings if it were to be her. Jack didn't want to get involved with that. She wanted to have the freedom to stay at home and watch movies, to work in peace. But Jack knew she had to be prepared in case she was called into action- even though she'd kick and scream before she went ahead with it.

A small grin crossed her face, "Whight... Would YOU trust ME to be a spy? Honestly?" Jack knew she had a reputation to be a wildcard. When Thaor had faked her death the first time, she had been the only one there. She had spent time in Azkaban for the suspicion. Chase had died and she'd been the last to see her. And she had a bad habit to run around with werewolves, alcoholics, and a murderous poltergeist.

Jack paused. "Trust. You saw the meeting- either people were too willing to trust each other or they trusted no one. We have internal problems to fix before we focus on the external. Trust me," she said, grimacing. "It kills me too. I've been sitting on my ass for two years, waiting to get moving. Matt does have plans, I think. We wait for the plans to be ripe, and until then, we defend what we can."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Whight was beginning to feel like he was finally getting somewhere in the conversation. He tried to analyze all of her words quickly. Jack proceeded to ask him about ‘trust.’ Trust was a tricky subject to the man. If he had to give an honest answer there were only two people he completely trusted; Silvyr Svan and the Professor. But he knew honesty in this situation would only prolong his goals.

“My philosophy on trust is a simple one,” Whight started. “I will trust someone until they give me reason not to. I’m sure this may sound naïve to you but I take a great interest in everything I’m involved in. Lies and backstabbing have a funny way of wanted to be uncovered and in time I will learn of the falsehoods.

“To answer your question, I do trust you Ms. Jack. You have done nothing but prove to me your word is valid and that you mean well in your endeavors. Is there a reason I shouldn’t trust you that I have not been made aware of?”

After Jack gave her answer Whight said, “If you are so tired of sitting around waiting for something to happen, then why aren’t you making it happen yourself? I own you a great deal for you recommendation to the Order so it should be obvious that I would have you back so to speak in whatever you may become involved with.”

Whight hopped his words were beginning to leave an impression. His words were calm, smooth but still stern. He meant what he said to Jack. Well, for now anyway.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top