Always A New Family Member
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always A New Family Member Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always A New Family Member

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always A New Family Member Empty Always A New Family Member

Post by James S. Potter Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:14 am

James kicked back in the old recliner he had found to relax in, his foot crossed over one knee. It was uncharacteristic of James to hang around Grimmauld Place, as it always reminded him that he was named after the man who had owned this place; the last of the Blacks. They were not generally comforting thoughts, however the prospect of heading home seemed bleak today. His precious feline was spending some time at his Aunt Hermione's to 'spend time' with its father, and it would be lonely at home. James could never understand that woman's weird ideas when it came to the cats. Doom and Crookshanks didn't even get along.

So far no one had bothered him much, so he was content to sit back and watch the fire for awhile. Perhaps someone would look in on him, and stay for a chat. James didn't usually seek the company of others, however he was feeling mildly sociable tonight.
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 361
Special Abilities : Animagus and Parseltongue

Back to top Go down

Always A New Family Member Empty Re: Always A New Family Member

Post by Santana Lopez Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:51 am

Santana walked briskly to 12 Grimmauld Place, she was to meet James one of her cousins. She enjoyed James company it was nice and friendly he was nice and friendly. James didn't know about her meeting him she liked surprises. She'd only found out a couple of years ago that James was her cousin, he was a few months older than her and she liked that he felt kind of like an older brother .

She walked up the steps and knocked on the door was surprised to see it was unlocked with all the dark forces supposedly roaming around. When she got in, the smell of burnt coal went into her nose and she saw James sitting on the couch. "Hi Stranger"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 68
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:17 am

At the sound of his name, James looked up; seeing his distant cousin walking into the room. His mind raced for her name, and after a few harried moments, he grasped it.

"Why hello, Santana," James replied, shifting his position to lean forward, "What a pleasant surprise. What brings you into this lovely little abode?"
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:29 am

"Likewise. Well, I was eating tea, and thought, who haven't i seen in a while, then you popped into my head, my lovely cousin James.' she said smiling at him bubbily (is that even a word? XD)

"So how's the family going? I haven't talked to them much since I got my Auror certificate," she hadn't told him this bit of news yet, and was waiting for his reaction. "Also tell Aunt. Hermione that I'm looking forward to meeting Crookshanks again, he's a bundle of furry joy that cat is"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 am

((Bubbly is indeed a word.))

"Ah, so nice to be described as lovely," James mused with a ghost of a smile, "From what I have seen, the family is doing very well. I have not spoken to Lily much with her being in school right now and everything, but Albus is very healthy, and has been going on little adventures. I just got done releasing my cat to Aunt Hermione, and the family seemed well. There are so many Weasleys to keep up with, that it is hard to know what is going on with who sometimes."

James leaned back into the chair, crossing his arms and smiling at Santana.

"So, you passed your Auror examination, huh? Very good for you! I had thought about being an auror, but came to the decision that I had a few years of Quidditch left in me. Perhaps in a few more years I can undergo the examinations. How did you do in the trials?"
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:48 am

(I meant bubbily

"So, you're not yet destined to be like your old man hey?" she said smiling at him.

"Yes I did, the trials were very interesting, we had a self-defence dummy of Grindelwald and he was casting spells at us, it was pretty scary, if I say so myself. thank you for asking. How were your Quidditch trials, I wished I could've seen it, and which team do you play for? Maybe I could go to a game, hopefully it's the Quidditch Championship" she said laughing, "But when you're even more famous, like being Harry Potter son wasn't enough, I'll introduce you as my husband, deal?"

"I just wish the Weasley's could have some kids with blonde hair, then maybe we could recognise them".
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:26 pm

As always, James felt a little uncomfortable when compared to his father, but he shook it off as he always did. Sometimes he wished he didn't have such a big reputation to live up to.

"My Quidditch trials were alright," James replied with a slight bitter smile, "however everyone reminds me that my father was better. I was taken on by the Falmouth Falcons, and I hope to be taken on by the English National Quidditch team. It would be fantastic to play in the World Cup. I'll see about getting you some tickets for my next game."

James eyes widened in a slight amazement at her next statement of meeting her husband.

"Married now, are you? I've missed out on a lot it seems."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:15 am

((OOC: Can you ignore that job comment she now works as a Potioneer in St. Mungos)

"You should get me some tickets, only if you can, I don't want you to get in trouble or anything" this was true, she was a caring person and would do anything for family, especially James he was like her older brother

"No silly. I mean if we get introduced, I'm your wife, ok. It's not fair I want to be famous too, ok. And I'll be more talked to and popular, it's all my wishes of my hogwarts years. I think I get my qualities from Aunt Hermione honestly."

"Oh, have you passed your N.E.W.T.S.?"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by James S. Potter Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:59 am

Yet again, Santana's words rocked James' to the core.

"I don't think anyone would believe that I'd get married," James laughed, nervously running his hand against the back of his head, "Fame isn't as wonderful as everyone seems to believe."

James relaxed a little again when N.E.W.T.S came up.

"Oh, yeah," he replied, "I passed all my NEWTS in 7th year. I goofed off a lot in school, but my mom always made sure I got good marks. What about you? You did good in your NEWTS, I'm sure."
James S. Potter
James S. Potter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Santana Lopez Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:15 am

"Well, if you're asking I got a Potions - E
Charms - O
DADA - O
Transfiguration - O
HOM - A
Study of Ancient Runes - E
Muggle Studies - A" she knew she was bragging but he wouldn't care.

"I heard your father learnt that fame wasn't everything in his years too, didn't he?"
Santana Lopez
Santana Lopez
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top