Look, I need a wand
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Look, I need a wand Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Look, I need a wand

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Look, I need a wand Empty Look, I need a wand

Post by Demetri Gamble Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:05 am

Demetri pushed his way through the busy streets of Diagon Alley. He heard shouts at his back and rude comments sent his way as he literally shoved anyone in arms reach out of his way. Finally he reached his destination; Marcheti's Wands. He looked up to the sign of the shop and then to the door while rubbing the back of his neck. He wasn't sure how he was going to get away with what he needed.

He entered.

Demetri looked around the store. The owner had already eyed him so stealing was out of the question. He walked toward the owner and before the man could speak Demetri said, "Look, I don't want to waste my time. I need a wand and, well, I'm guessing that what you do here." He pressed his hand against the counter and tapped his fingers rapidly. Demetri's eyes flickered back and forth as the scanned the rest of the room; casing places had just become a force of habit.
Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

Look, I need a wand Empty Re: Look, I need a wand

Post by Aaron Marcheti Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 pm

Aaron was no stranger to visitors in his wand shop. During working hours he spent most of his time teaching people the differences between certain woods and cores and why they were different. It was terribly boring really but he had to do it to get his good reputation up. Trying to become the next Minister of Magic was no easy task and networking with other people was the easiest way to get there.

So when the man walked into his door, he did what he always did, he watched him go up and down the aisles trying to do whatever it was people did. He seemed a bit off, though, nervous or something. Aaron was not worried about someone thieving from him because he had an anti theft charm on the store. All the doors would lock and the person would be trapped in the store until Aaron found them the next day.

"A man who gets straight to business. I can appreciate that." Aaron said with a halfway grin on his face. There were very few people, if any, who could intimidate or throw Aaron off his game so he was not thrown askew by this individual. "Did putting the word wands into the name of the store give it away? I thought about trying to front as a cauldron shop, but then I just went with something simple." he chuckled at his own joke but mostly the wording of the man.

"I do wands. I do them well, but the question becomes, what kind of wand are you looking for?" He pulled his wand out and he pointed it at the aisles. Three boxes came his way and he sat them down in front of the man. "Power? Finesse? Maybe you like transfiguration? It all depends on the person Mr.....?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

Look, I need a wand Empty Re: Look, I need a wand

Post by Demetri Gamble Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Finally someone who understands, he thought. Most thought of Demetri as rude and by most standards he probably was, but to him he just didn't have the time to waste.

Demetri didn't laugh at the man's joke even though it did come across as laugh worthy. Instead he listened contently trying to find a loophole to his problem but to nothing arose. He eye involuntarily twitched as he was forced to say the reality of his dilemma. "The name is Gamble," he offered no hand to shake. "And that sounds great and all but the thing is," he looked around the store and then back to the owner. "My only form of payment would be through the skills I have. "Buying" things is not what I do if you see what I'm aiming at. Now, before I tell you what I need in a wand I suggest we settle that problem first because wands are a dangerous thing to steal, so I've learned."

Demetri scratched at his chest hard. The scars were itching again.

Demetri Gamble
Demetri Gamble
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 42

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top