"And they come in tacky gold too"
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

"And they come in tacky gold too"  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

"And they come in tacky gold too"

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"And they come in tacky gold too"  Empty "And they come in tacky gold too"

Post by Shiera C Starr Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:43 am

Shiera examined the dress one of the sales assistant had brought to her, apparently the twin of the light blue summer frock that had initially caught her attention, but oh no, this one had a frill attached to the hem and that justified the higher price. The witch fingered the soft material, calculating how much coin would actually have gone into the material and the workmanship, only to conclude that Madam Malkin was making fair profit from her business.

Still, she had the gold to spare. And earning the patronage of a local business could always come in handy in the future. Nodding, to the sales assistance, she gestured for the girl to pack the garment. A witch could never have too many dresses.

Or too many opportunities.
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

"And they come in tacky gold too"  Empty Re: "And they come in tacky gold too"

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:16 am

Whight walked about the clothing store looking his best as usual. He continued to wear, what he now called, "the face of the Order". Aaron had told him to wipe everything clean and buy all new. It had been quite some time before Whight had such a luxury to spoil himself, and he was doing just that.

He paced through the shop sifting the sleeves of the high-end blazers and coats between his fingers. He knew what he liked when it came to clothing so he didn't give most of the clothes on the racks more than a glance. After some time Whight had made his way to the end of the "men's" section and the beginning of the "women's". Just as Whight had found a coat of his interest, a sale associate past by carrying a dress. He watch through his peripherals to the small nonverbal conversation between the associate and customer taking place. When the employee left Whight said without looking to the woman, "I can imagine that looking very nice."

Whight pulled a coat from the rack and examined it further almost as if he hadn't said anything at all. After deciding he would make the purchase after a few modifications, he turned to the women and gave her a slight smile.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 211
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:26 am

As the girl bustled off to pack her purchase, a soft voice caught her attention. "I can imagine that looking very nice." Pleasantly surprised, Shiera turned to the only person who could have been responsible for the complement but the man examining a coat was doing just that. For a moment, she wondered if she had misheard or misinterpreted something but the next moment, the man looked up at her and smiled. A slight smile, a perfectly polite one which the blonde returned.

"Thank you," she replied, taking in his own immaculate attire. "Forgive me for saying but that coat isn't worth half of what they're charging," she whispered. Conspiracy at a clothing store, the headlines would say, her dry sense of humor offered.
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:48 am

Whight was glad he came of pleasantly to to woman. He wanted to be known as "Mr. Nice Guy". He normally would keep to himself for days but he knew he would have to branch out if it he meant to reach any sort of worthy status anytime soon.

"You're most welcome," he said finally looking her way. He slightly laughed to himself before responding to her next statement. "I believe you're right, but when do we ever pay the true worth of anything anymore?" He smiled once more and took a step closer. "The name is Whight, Whight Linstrum." He reached out to give an elegant hand shake; his squeeze would equal hers should she meet the gesture.

Whight wondered where this interaction was going. He hoped for the best but prayed he wasn't wasting his time again.

Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:28 am

"That's very insightful, Mr. Linstrum," she said approvingly, shaking his hand. He looked young and but spoke wisely. Time and experience had taught her not to assess people by estimating their age.

"I'm Shiera," she offered. "I'd give you a last name but I'm between them at the moment I'm afraid." Her grey eyes sparkled with slight amusement at the admission. "And I also apologize if I've just insulted your favorite outlet." He didn't look insulted. If anything, he looked amused much like herself but one could never presume.

Maybe he just hid his feelings well?
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:26 pm

Whight found himself particularly drawn to Shiera. Though he was acting outside of his own character, subconsciously he was still pulled toward the same types of people, and she seemed to be one of them. He could tell she was older than he was but he did not partake in the typical activities of his generation. He preferred rather in-depth conversations about this and that, learning about the true past of others and most of all he saught loyalty. He owed few individuals a favor or two, but there were more that owed him far more than that.

Whight threw the coat casually over his shoulder and said, "It's my pleasure, and no need to apologize. I only shop here because I normally do not have the convenience of "bargain shopping" if you will. And with a touch of magic, so to speak, I can make my wear last their worth tenfold."

Whight paused for a moment to quickly think things over. This was one of his few days off and he had very well intended on spending his time alone considering he had been unable to do so due to his assignments. He then saw no harm in having someone along and he decided it would only better the development of his new fairly new character. He worked to sound as polite as possible. "Though this may seem a bit forward," he said, "would you be interested in perhaps a cup of coffee or tea? I can venture to say being in between names is no easy situation to find yourself in. Maybe i could take your mind off a thing or two."

Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm

The blonde considered his offer, weighing the pros and cons. It was easy enough as there weren't any serious ones really. She barely knew the man but it was only a coffee. Besides, wasn't this how one made friends? And she could always use more of those. Furthermore, the witch reasoned internally, even if nothing came of it, it would be an evening well spent.

"Thank you for the invitation," she said, smiling fully for the first time into the brief conversation. "Coffee sounds lovely though I 'm not sure which outlet serves the best one. I haven't been around long enough to sample all the cafes and restaurants in London, I'm afraid." Seeing as he had already made up his mind on the coat, they both started on their way to the counter where her purchase sat, neatly wrapped in the signature store packaging. It seemed that going out today had been worthwhile after all.

The witch offered some numbers to the cashier in lieu of payment and the sales assistant issued her a receipt. The transaction done with, she stepped back, waiting for her companion to maker his purchase.
Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:45 pm

"No worries about the venue," he said. "There is a nice little cafe just down the street from here where I often spend my time studying."

Whight followed her. In turn he made it to the counter. "I would like a zipper installed here and a pocket sewn into the sleeve there. I'll return in a few days to pick it up. Here is a deposit to ensure you're not wasting your time," he said giving a small handful of coins to the associate. He turned to Shiera and gesture, "Shall we?"

As they left a man stood in the corner of the store looking in a mirror trying on a jacket he seemed a bit too happy to have. Whight paid little attention due to the fact that he was now playing a small hosting role for the witch.

A few steps out of the store Whight worked to continue the conversation; it wasn't his strong suit but he was getting better. "So, tell me a little about yourself Ms. Shiera, if you don't mind. I'm always interested in the stories of others." Whight kept his voice calm and smooth.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiera C Starr Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:11 am

Once the man had given the instructions, they left the store, walking quite companionably beside each other. The thought of his studies intrigued her. Was he a university student? Few students sought to continue their education after their NEWTs. She herself had considered it but Jon had convinced her it was pointless at the time as she already had a job lined up. Shiera found herself resenting the fact now. Another opportunity he had taken away from her.

"So, tell me a little about yourself Ms. Shiera, if you don't mind. I'm always interested in the stories of others."

"Well," she began, choosing her words carefully. "I'm originally from East London, but they kicked me out because I came without a cockney accent." She laughed slightly,as they walked, a pleasant spring breeze relaxing her somewhat. " I grew up in the country though. And a little bit after I graduated from Hogwarts, I moved to Ireland. You could say I'm back here almost a stranger, trying to reacquaint myself with a city I barely knew in the first place."

Figuring that he would be open to answering a question too, she asked "May I ask what you're studying? I myself have pursued history as a hobby but nothing beyond that I'm afraid." And its probably too late for any educational ventures now, she added to herself.

Shiera C Starr
Shiera C Starr
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Whight Linstrum Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:05 am

As they walked Whight listened to small pieces of Shiera's past that she was willing to part with. It wasn't much but nothing much ever came quick small talk. He smiled slightly when she asked about his studies; she was listening. He was rarely asked about what he did in his free time. Of course he wasn't going to divulge the entire truth, he would give her pieces just as she had given him.

"Nothing in particular," he said. "I study anything and everything that strikes my interest in the slightest. Different plants, wild creatures, forgotten magic or even the muggle world. You might find it surprising, but they aren't as dimwitted as many believe. I find it best to be educated in all fields of the world. You never know when the knowledge you posses will help you along the way."

By now the cafe was in view. Many roamed the streets going about there business but Whight paid no attention. Instead, he had his eye one a table outside the cafe they were approaching. It would fitting he thought. Out in the public eye would keep things at their continuing rate of comfort.

Whight then had an uneasy feeling. He glance behind his back to take in the full scope of his surrounds. A dark flash darted between the walls before he could gain a solid look at the figure.

Whight turned and pointed to their destination while hiding the fact that he thought they were being followed. "Just over there is where we are headed," he said with a fake smile.
Whight Linstrum
Whight Linstrum
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top