O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva

View previous topic View next topic Go down

O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva Empty O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 am

O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva Saoirse

Saoirse Eva O'Connell
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Saoirse Eva O'Connell (First name pronounced Seer-shay)

NICKNAMES: She is often called by her sur-name of O'Connell.

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: If it is alright with admin, I would prefer to have my house chosen for me based on what is written here in the bio. Makes it feel more real for me, as no one really knows what house they will be sorted into.

CLASSES: Charms, CoMC, DADA, Transfiguration, and Potions.

WAND: Ash, Unicorn Hair, 13 in, supple

PLAY BY: Lara Robinson

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: Red

EYE COLOR: Green

HEIGHT: 4'5"

BODY TYPE: Physically fit

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Saoirse has a very rugged appearance, owing to the fact that she spends much of her time outdoors in the company of numerous different creatures. Her hair is often frizzy and tangled from her forgetfulness (or lack of desire) to use a comb. She is the type who always has dirt under her fingernails and grass stains on her knees. She has no regard for fashion, and is most comfortable in jeans and tank top, rarely clean. She is never in shorts or skirts (to prevent her legs from getting scratched up by tall grass) and she always wears boots (gives her better traction when exploring the untamed wilds of the moorlands.)

PERSONALITY

GOOD TRAITS:
    Empathetic
    Honest
    Loyal
    Determined
    Hard-working

BAD TRAITS:
    Reclusive
    Secretive
    Procrastinates

CHARACTER LIKES:
    Animals
    Outdoors
    Seclusion

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    Indoors
    Crowds
    Enclosed Spaces

GOALS:
    She wants to work with hippogriffs when she grows up.
    Find her father.
    Become an animagus (horse)

QUIRKS:
    Used to being alone, Saoirse has fallen into the habit of talking to herself, and she often forgets that there may be others around who will over-hear her.

BOGGART: Saoirse fears feeling trapped or cornered. She despises small rooms and narrow corridors; as well as crowds of people and dead ends.

PATRONUS: Her first flight upon the back of a hippogriff.

DEMENTOR: When her father left the family for reasons unknown.

VERITASERUM: Saoirse found an injured hippogriff chick in the moor near her family's land. Knowing her mother would turn it away if she brought it home, Saoirse nursed it back to health in secret and raised it to become a fine adult stallion. The hippogriff still lives in the moor, not realizing that Saoirse has left for Hogwarts, and will not return until the holidays.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Saoirse has a burning desire to find her lost father, and bring him home to her mournful mother. She dreams of a family united in love once more.

PERSONALITY: The first thing others are apt to notice about Saoirse is how quiet and stand-offish she is. She has very little trust for human beings, and prefers to be away from those whom she sees as being deceptive and manipulating. She has a very serious bearing for one her age, and she rarely smiles or laughs. Once in the company of animals, however, Saoirse's demeanor completely changes. Her inhibitions she displays around humans disappear, and she will laugh and talk to the creatures she loves so much. Saoirse does not believe that she will ever meet a human that she adores as much as her beloved animals.

The second thing most often noticed about Saoirse is her empathy. She nearly always knows what mood a person is in when they walk into a room, and she has an uncanny ability to read people, and instinctively know when there is a problem. It gives her a unique ability when interacting with animals, and she can calm a beast that no one else would approach. She uses this talent to avoid confrontations with people, and though it happens rarely, she has been known to help out her fellow man when sympathy drives her to do so. Saoirse could never walk away from someone who is in trouble, be it man or beast.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Ahern O'Connell (half-blood) -Interesting fact: The name Ahern means 'Lord of Horses'

MOTHER: Ròis Kavanagh (muggleborn)

SIBLING(S): none

OTHER: none

BLOOD STATUS: Half-blood

RACE: Human

SOCIAL STATUS: Middle Class

PET(S):
    She has a hippogriff named Hawk, but she had to leave him at home.

BROOMSTICK():
    None

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    A music box that doubles as a jewelry box
    The jewelry box contains a necklace with a peridot gem

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: Saoirse was an only child, living on a few acres of farmland outside of Glanmire, Ireland. Her parents preferred to stay away from town, so Saoirse grew up quite alone, with no other children to spend her time with. Seeking companionship of some sort, Saoirse made due with the abundance of animals living in and around the farm. Her father bred horses, and even had a very small herd of abraxan for a short while, before they were taken by the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, because he did not have a permit to be housing them. Her father had a special way with animals, seeming to understand how they were feeling, and able to control them in ways most others could not. This ability seems to have been passed to Saoirse, who also can read the animals' moods and interact with them in a level that is above the ability of your average wizard.

At the age of 6, Saoirse's father disappeared without a word or a whisper. Her mother had been extremely dependent on Saoirse's father, so when he left her mother fell into a huge depression. Saoirse had to learn how to care for herself....and for her mother. Wanting to escape from the depressing house, Saoirse began to spend prolonged periods outdoors with her precious animals. She would explore the nearby moor, encountering and interacting with the creatures which lived there. It was in the moor that she found Hawk, an injured hippogriff chick.

She had no idea how the chick had ended up in the moor, but reasons for it to be there mattered very little to Saoirse. The chick was hurt, and it needed her. Knowing her mother would not want to have the responsibility of paying to keep it fed, Saoirse snuck it into the barn, placing it with the horses. She stole the innards of any chickens her mother was preparing, or any other meats she could get her hands on. She quickly found out, however, that if left to its own devices, Hawk could catch his own meals of mice and rats. When the hippogriff got to big for the barn, Saoirse moved him back down to the moor. His injuries were healed, and the stallion could have made his own way in the world, but he stuck around, becoming Saoirse's dearest and most secret friend.

Hogwarts Years: N/A

Adulthood: N/A

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Desirae

RP EXPERIENCE: Around 10 years

HOW YOU FOUND US: Google Search: Harry Potter roleplays

OTHER CHARACTERS:

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To give me the satisfaction of attending Hogwarts, even if it's just in my head.

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Saoirse O'Connell on Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Number of posts : 53
Special Abilities : Empathy

Back to top Go down

O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva Empty Re: O'CONNELL, Saoirse Eva

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:10 am

Ooooooh... I like her. My character is the Head of Department of Control and Regulation of Magical Creatures and also has empathy... I'd LOVE to see them meet.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:46 am

Well, don't exactly have empathy yet, as I cannot apply for special ability until my app is accepted. Right now, it's more of a talent, on par with a normal person. I myself have the ability described in this profile, I'm just nowhere near as reclusive as 'lil Saoirse is. I can always tell what mood someone is in without even having to talk to them.

Definitely be applying for the empathy ability once my app is accepted, though! Says it has to of been passed on from a family member, and since her father bred horses, I figured he could be the one she inherited it from.
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:49 am

You may consider including a little bit of that in your app. You don't have to though, my character actually acquired empathy through very strange circumstances. She doesn't even realize what it is. I don't think you'll have a problem getting your character or her ability accepted.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Saoirse O'Connell Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:53 am

Just didn't want anyone thinking I was putting the cart in front of the horse! XD

Didn't even realize that I had made it appear I was claiming a special ability while writing it out. I'll write something in there about her father having empathy, thanks for the suggestion.
Saoirse O'Connell
Saoirse O'Connell

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:56 am

No problem. Usually if you are creating a character with the intention of RPing them with an ability it is best to include it there. Get the minks worked out before you have the character.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:36 pm

i like her. idk what anyone else would say, but although she has some characteristics of most all the houses, to me she seems like she is a gryffindor.

accepted and sorted into gryffindor.

btw, welcome!!
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22653
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top