Making some new friends, hopefully
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Making some new friends, hopefully Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Making some new friends, hopefully

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Making some new friends, hopefully Empty Making some new friends, hopefully

Post by Alex Star Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:18 pm

Alex had to keep up with his classes, and Potion training, as he was working on a polyjuice potion. Which was very low key because he needed it for a later time, only just researching it in the big book of potions. Even bring his own collection of private books, which were not even in the stores for a few months making any Ravenclaw look at him with envy because of his Cousin owning one of the best Magical Tome business in London. And he was sent to him free of charge, but he used them for his work. Unlike many Slytherin, he liked to come here to relax and not get into trouble, if there is a issue he would deal with it. Of course, he had to do it calmly, and try to make some new friends that would stay by his side. Even if he doubted that anyone would be that loyal anyway, he doesn't trust people often.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 326
Special Abilities : Chlorokenisis

Back to top Go down

Making some new friends, hopefully Empty Re: Making some new friends, hopefully

Post by Bella Evans Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:17 am

Bella walked into the library, books latched to her chest, trying to blow her hair out of her face. She was frustrated, she had had a terrible Potions lesson earlier that day, which was an odd situation, as Potions was usually her best subject. She scuffled to the OWL section and opened the nearest book. She knew she was a 4th year, and didn't have OWL's this year, but she thought, you can never start learning too early...

After five minutes of reading, she came across a Slytherin Headboy she had seen in class, Alex Star, he was definitely good at potions, she walked up to him and silently asked, in a tone, that she expected if spoken louder, people would suspect she was not a true Ravenclaw... the thought mad shivers down her spine.

"Hey," she said, "Could you give me some help?"
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 96
Special Abilities : Astral Projection

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:51 am

Alex was doing some more studying as someone had came up to him. Turning his shoulder, he looked at her as she seemed to be a ravenclaw. Maybe a year or so below him, but she wanted help from him. Looking at his table, he would clear a space for her and pulled up a free chair for her to sit in. Not saying a word yet, but thought of something nice to say, it was really hard for him but he had to work it. " Sure, I can help you with anything you need, what is it that you need help with Miss.... " He didn't know her name because they didn't talk much, but he would be charming to her nonetheless.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:07 am

She watched as he cleared a spot for her at the table, and she smiled, most Slytherins would tell her to go away. "Oh," she said, as she realised she hadn't introduced herself yet, "I'm Bella Evans" she held out her hand for him to shake it.

"I was wondering, what you knew about Amortentia, the love potion. I don't know anything about it, and all the books which feature it, are in the restricted section, and I'm never allowed in there" she stated. "Although I have smelt it before. I smelt Coffee, baby powder and freshly mown grass'. She said while smiling, thinking of who spelt like that.
"What about you?"
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:00 pm

Alex looked at the outstretched hand, as he was expected to shake it. Of course in his customs he was not allow to shake a women hand, it was disrespect to the women to have a simple thing. He took her outstretched hand, and brought it to his lips, kissing it once at the top of her palm before letting it go. " It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Bella "

Speaking in a low, but respectful matter as she seemed to come across a very interesting topic. He had made a Amortentia, love potion this year for his Training with his Mentor. She was a very skilled Potion Master, teaching him all the things and how to spot the right time to brew without failing. If he was not going to say, but he still had some hidden in a vial in his potions Kit, he created. " I see, well it is the strongest love potion know to the face of the world. It causes a powerful infatuation or obsession in the drinker, and they will jump the people that holds there interest, and well do very improper things. Only very few can fight that potion, but everyone else will end up falling until a counter-potion is given to them "

She had asked him about what he smelt, when he created the Potion. He decided to lie to her, because what he really smelled was a girl that plagued his mind at certain moments. He knew that he would not want anyone to spread gossip about this, so he only had to lie to people. " When I had smell the potion, it had the scent of roses, fresh soil, and peaches. Tell me, do you want to learn to create the potion to take it for yourself? "
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:25 pm

She watched as he placed his lip on her hands, and she smiled. "Likewise" she said, surveying him, he looked like he'd been through some rough times in his life, so why was he so nice, she wondered?

"So, would it be possible for this obsession to eventually drive you crazy," she said in a less bubbly tone, "then take your own life?" her voice slowly cracked, and a tear dripped down her eye, "Sorry, my father passed away last year" she said. Her throat croaked, and she recomposed her self, she let out a quick sigh, and smiled at him, she was not going to fall apart, in front of him.

"Well, it would depend, if I was desperately in love with someone, but they didn't love me, I still wouldn't use it, it isn't real love, it's fake, it's like forcing someone to love you." She pondered the question over and over, "Could you teach me?"
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:02 pm

Alex was looking over her, as she started to speak of insanity, he would only listen the rest of what she said. But she started to speak in a less, comforting tone as he looked at her with his Topaz and Emerald eyes. " Yes, but you would take the life of the one you love instead of your own " Seeing a tear form, he stood up from his chair, and wiped the tear clear from her eye. Even as going as far to hugging her, and bringing her head into his chest if she wanted to cry.

" Don't worry about it, people need to let there feelings out, I lost my father as well. But I don't mourn him, only cherish all the happy memories we had. Just remember that even if he is gone, he still remains in your heart "

He was much taller then her, but he kept a calm demeanor around him, because he would be kind. But he understood what she meant, he wasn't going to take the potion. But right now, he didn't know if it was true if the girl he was falling for, even liked him now. She asked if she could be taught, he smirked at her. " Of course I can teach you, but you have to come to my room to use my potion equipment, because we can't brew love potions in public because it would be a issue "
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:32 am

He hugged her, this made her feel better. She didn't usually allow people to make her feel better, but she trusted him. "Thank you" she said, as he wiped the tear from her eyes. She pulled away, and smiled at him "I was actually expecting you to tell me to buzz off, when I first spoke to you"

"I'm so sorry," she said. She respected him, when ever her fathers name popped up she cried, and he didn't. "I feel like I need to mourn him, or his spirit would be disappointed" she let out a laugh, "I can't believe, I said spirit, I don't actually believe in that" she said. "But to you get my jist."

"Oh my god, that would be fantastic, I can't wait, but how would I get into the common room, it's against my morals?"

Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:26 am

Looking at her, he just gave her a smile smile as he knew what she meant. Well anyone can see that all Slytherins hate people, but he was trying to grow out of that. Prove that Slytherin house can be the best, and still be decent even if he was the only one willing. " I'm just different from the others " As she was sorry about being like this, he only shook his head at her, as he didn't want to hear that.

He picked up all his books, and placed them in his bag, as he started to walk. Mentioning to Bella to follow him, as he only looked forward. " Don't worry, Slytherin don't bite unless you ask for it, and it shouldn't be against your morals. We all live in the school, and we should all bond together, if that doesn't work, just pretend that you are servicing me as my special guest " He said the last works with a little laugh, but Slytherin did have the most fun out of the other houses, for there lewd ways.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bella Evans Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:58 am

"Sorry for stereotyping, but most Slytherins I've met are like that" she said while smiling. She picked up the rest of her books, and latched them to her chest, like she had, when she'd first walked into the library, only this time, she was leaving smiling.

She followed him outside of the library, towards the common room, "Oh, ok, I'll block my ears when you say the password, she laughed, "I bet it's Avada Kedarvra, or Serpens, or Voldermort" she said, smiling, she put her hand in her hair, and moved it towards the back of her hair, "Wanna know a secret, I'm not naturally blonde, I'm actually a brunette, I just use dye" she said smiling, "I reckon I look better being blonde" she said.
Bella Evans
Bella Evans
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top