The Reign of Factions ( Prologue )
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Reign of Factions ( Prologue ) Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Reign of Factions ( Prologue )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Reign of Factions ( Prologue ) Empty The Reign of Factions ( Prologue )

Post by Alex Star Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:36 am

( Please comment? If I should keep writing and it's good, or this is just bad? )

A New World Order

Once I was told that people can change from being there fakes, to what is really inside their hearts. Believing it to be false, until it really happened or when it started to occur in the best of us. The world had changed in only one day, friends became enemy's, enemy's became Neutral, and the Neutral became Friends. Welcome to my World, a broken down city of Chicago and Buildings had been destroyed. Any Survivors had been reduced to Thief's, and Killers because that was the only way to make it in this world. Nothing was set in stone, that humanity always changes when something is altered in there current way of life.

How this come to be was in my Past, when the clouds had covered over the sun, the year is 2012 when most of the Nations in the world had went to war, or to put it roughly. Nuclear Warfare over Money, land, and rivalry throughout this corrupted world. In only a day, every Nation had fired there missiles all over the globe, all the continents were under fire. North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, and Antarctica had been hit. All the Leaders of the world had went Silent, the world had went into Anarchy, once great famous authors and Celebrity's had been reduced to Normal people.

The once booming city of Chicago was reduced to nothing, the streets were covered in Debris, glass from broken buildings and the once great skyscrapers were falling or fell down crushing everything in there path. As battles had taken place to control the streets of Chicago between the survivors, but they were just small groups of raiders or thugs. Sadly there is three groups in the city that people envied or tried to join at any cost.

The Infernos were lead by a Strong leader that took care of his own, they named him Zeik the flame king because of his skills in making explosives and burning the people that oppose him. Along with his Wife Kurai the temptress, who used her looks and charm to get her way with other Men of different factions, and take whatever she wanted from them for there group. This two were the best of the group, from once they grew out of just being your normal people living with a crappy normal job. They have become the king and queen of a new Nation of there own.

They gained there soldiers because of there resources, and kindness towards some people. They had met two people that increased there force, a Man that named himself Slade that had training in the army as well as his own large group of People. And the other was a guy that they called Jace, he was barricaded in a Mechanic workshop with several other workers as they held out. They offered them to join, which they accepted and soon became the right and left hand of the Inferno's.

There forces held the strongest fighters, and very offensive measures using flamethrowers and bombs as there best technique. There foundation or Kingdom which Zeik called it was mostly a large portion of street levels and the Underground Subways that extended throughout all of Chicago and other areas. They went unseen by many, and then surprised attack anyone that got in there way. They have the most Fuel reserves out of all the three factions, as well as the best Mechanics that upgraded there Vehicles to attack or transport there supplies.

The most Insane group was the Corrupted, a large amount of Murderers, Thief's, Gang Leaders inside a Asylum, and Jail. There leader was known as Khrona which most people consider the Devil's Son, he was a Master Mind in the Asylum that got whatever he wanted for himself, and whoever followed him. His strength, Mind, and the will to kill without Hesitation brought him up as the Leader of the group. Which soon expanded out to many forces, taking in any drug dealers, and ass-wholes that wanted to gain power as long as they stayed loyal.

His second in command was his best friend, Maze who kept him in check, so Khrona didn't go around killing everyone that came by or just for his amusement when he was bored. He was the logical and reasonable one of the group, which earned respect from the common soldiers in the group, that weren't killers or in jail ever in there life's. One person that kept the morale of the Corrupted was there Court Jester Zesu, who made fun of the way things went, and sometimes just made jokes of anything or everyone.

There best forces were cold blooded killers, that killed without regret. They held the front-line, with make shift weapons like toothpick knifes and other things they could get there hands on. Because they were in a Jail, when they overthrew the guards, they had taken there keys that gives them weapons and Armor to protect them. They also have control over most Police headquarter and very good spy network that gets into other groups. They also held the most Food rations out of the three groups.

Finally the final group was named the Legion, they were a large group that took to the broken Skyscrapers and hotels as there bases. Using it as a defense from the street levels, and hiding place to surprise there prey that venture into there land. The leader of the group was known as Mahk-X, he was a very charming individual that strikes fear into the simple people, and makes sure that everything goes his way or else. His life as a weapon dealer has secured his position and helped shape his faction into making advance weapons or even there own special toys that stays within the group.

There second in command was known as ZK, he is a extreme Martial Artist and Parkour expert that saved Mahk-X during a battle. He was soon taken into the group, and taught the soldiers to keep balance between weapon training, and hand to hand combat. He also brought to the group a special select few that were a Secret task force, they were known as the Alpha Snipers that climbed building and readied themselves to give covering fire to there own soldiers.

Mahk-X had gained his influence through shows of power, killing raiders and destroying anything that opposed him. People flocked to join his group, but only the strong were let in. The weaker ones become meat shields or cooks, even scavengers that spread to find anything around Chicago for the group. But never handled the weapons to keep them in line, but they are a strong force indeed.

Who am I?, is a good question to ask. I have no Nickname as of yet, just a average High-school student that survived getting killed in the Bombing. My name is Steven, and this is the story of how everything changed in this cruel world. How everything will change from now on, a better tomorrow....well hopefully it will be.
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 326
Special Abilities : Chlorokenisis

Back to top Go down

The Reign of Factions ( Prologue ) Empty Re: The Reign of Factions ( Prologue )

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:39 am

0.0 ... I can't find words to describe this ... well besides AMAZING!

I really liked it, you should keep going c:
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:16 am

FIRST CHAPTER!!!!!

Chapter 1: Time changes everything

A concrete wall is the only source of entrainment for me, watching it looking for a change to occur. Even if the wall were to tear off piece by piece would be enlightening, because he stood just watching it in this dark place. A Metra station in ruins with only one way in, it was called van buren station, and he was taking first watch with his group. Checking his watch, as the time was two in the morning. Gripping the five-seven pistol in his hand, just making sure that no one came in and attacked them.

He had never fired a weapon before in his life, but here he was taking to arms to protect the group he had banded with. A small group of twelve people, and the leader of the group was named General, only because he was the one with a M16 Assault rifle and military training. And he gave rations and water in small amounts, they were running out and General would make the scouts look for more in the dangerous city.

He looked down the lonely hallway, as there was no source of light. He only could see the outline of figures, and relied on his hearing to find anything out of place. But today was a very quiet night, meaning that he was safe for the time being and his group would sleep soundly. He went back to lay his back on a wall, sliding down to as he spread his legs would along the floor. Clutching his pistol in hand, making sure that it was loaded just in case. He went back to stare at a wall, as he reminded himself of his life just a week ago.

- flash back -

It was the first week of April, it was a cool day as the sun was shinning threw the windows in the lunchroom. He had came to talk to some of his friends, and get his breakfast, because he always rushed out of his home to get here on time. " Hey Steven, your always on a rush...just chill " one of his friends comments, as the others snickered at him. He rolled his eyes and decided to look out the window, as something caught his eye. A plane high in the sky was flying over Chicago, but soon raised higher into the clouds.

Soon a large object fell from the sky, as it hurled towards downtown Chicago. Nothing was certain to him, but once it hit the center of the city a explosion was seen in the sky. It took the distinctive shape of a mushroom, soon followed by a sonic boom throughout a 100 mile radius. A screech was heard, as the windows started to crack and then broke into many pieces.

Even the chairs were sent flying everywhere, before he knew it a chair had hit him in the gut and sent him flying smack into a wall. Pain rushed through his body, trying to run but his vision started to become blurry, only the sound of screaming was heard before he faded into Darkness. Nothing was same again after he was knocked out, he awoke several hours later to find his whole body in pain. " What the hell hit me, a car? "

His eye lids felt heavy, as he didn't want to open them but he needed to. Once opening them, he rubbed his eyes as things started to get a clearer picture, but what he saw was just pure Chaos, and Death. Many students, even his own friends were laying on the floor, the lunchroom floor was covered in blood. Along with a vast amount of bodies, he walked over to a body of his friend Sintaro, but his stomach roared and soon he was spilling his guts on the floor.

Friends had glass that pierced through both his eye sockets, the sight was pure horror. " This can't be happening, hey anyone alive!...please someone, anyone! " he yelled the loudest he could, but the only thing that answered back was his own echo. Falling to the floor as he tried to calm himself by rubbing his hands together, only to find blood on his hands. He started to feel something wet, over his left eye as he moved his hand to feel his eyebrow. A shard of glass had pierced his skin, and was stuck there, even touching it in the slightest would cause pain.

I had rushed out of the room that smelled like death, away from all the dead bodies. Into a hallway, there was no one in sight and very quiet, to quiet for a high school. Twisting and turning corners, he made it to a nearby bathroom. He made his way over to a sink, washing his hands trying to get rid of all the blood. Tilting his head, he looked into the mirror as it gave a reflection of his features.

My light brown hair was a decent size, stretching back to the back of his neck, it held streaks of red along the top and front of his face, while the bottom half was simply brown. Along with his light skinned Complexion, went well with his small light brown eyes. People considered him similar to a cat, his lips were dry but full as peach fuss was starting to appear over his lip. His body was lean, and fit but he it was skinny compared to a well fit quarter back. Which he liked to keep fit with running, and sports in his life.

Being only about five foot nine, and having a mature face that people mistake him for being twenty one, but in reality he was only seventeen. He was wearing a route 66 brand short jeans, and a black shirt that held designs of a huge star in the center. Finding the shard of glass, it was above his left eye as he brought his hand to take hold of it. Soon pulling it out slowly, but the pain was unbearable, but knowing the risk of getting infected. He held a grip on the glass, taking a slow breathe then started to yank it out quickly.

Blood spilled over the clean white sink, throwing the shard of glass into the sink. There was a wound over his left eye now, and knew that it would leave a scar. All he could do now, was getting a vast amount of toilet paper and applying pressure over the wound. After what felt like years, I stopped and threw the blood covered toilet paper in the sink and venturing back into the empty hallway. looking around for anyone but didn't find anyone. Until another student was seen down the hallway, around the Art rooms and he decided to follow. Not knowing what would happen from there on out, but he needed to know if anyone was around still. He rushed after the student, and soon a door was left open, he took a peek inside and found his Art teacher and a few students trying to get ready for something.

I had walked into the room, the door clicking as he locked it for safety. Hoping that his teacher was not crazy, she turned to him and he sighed in relief. " Steven, It's great to see you alive, are you okay, no broken bones " Nodding to her question, with only small streaks of blood over his face, but aside from that he was fine. The students were crying and me, I was just trying to figure out what had happened, until I looked out a window again. Most of the area was the same, even was hiding, cars were tipped over and buildings were empty. It felt like the end of the world for me.

" Miss Bernadene, what has happened here, are we in hell or am I just dreaming of this nonsense. If I am, maybe I would picture some hot girls naked, that would work out for me " He even mock laughed, but his teacher only gave a frown as she looked out the window. Like there was something still out there, then turned to me. " Our city has been nuked, more like every city in the world has had the same problem, those who survive are lucky but others are doomed, or dead. We are the lucky ones, but now the law shall take a course into it's own. We have to stick in a group to survive this, until we can figure out, what our next move is, agreed everyone " She said, many shook there heads at her, even myself because I wanted to live.

Staying by the windows, the darkness that overtook the streets was like hell had taken over. The Nuke had caused the skies to become black as night, not even letting a small light shine. It was sad, seeing the place you grew up to become this, and can't do anything at all. Nothing was more then okay, people were going crazy and myself, I had to be strong and keep my sanity. Even if the world was like this now, I would...no I will keep my sanity, so that the future can turn out right, but something had to be done.

- End -

...The sound of something banging on a nearby wall was heard in the hallway, breaking him out of his trance as he raised his Pistol at whatever was coming. He stayed quiet, so that he didn't give away his position but the sound was getting closer, and closer with every step. Finally a dark outline had appeared, as it was near the right side of the wall. It was a man from the shadows, he looked torn up and weak but he didn't move yet.

The arm looked like it was stretching out, holding itself up but as it got closer. It soon stopped and fell over, falling on the ground a echo would be heard throughout the empty underground walkway. " He...lp me " The voice came from the distance body, thinking it was a trap but he didn't want to feel bad. This man needed help, and he was the only one around, in this world people needed help. Even if the law stated that only the fittest were required to live, and the weak perish where they stand.

He walked over quietly with a flash light in hand, and his pistol in the other. Turning it on, the light shined on a man that was shot in the ribs, as blood was following out of his body at a rapid pace. He was alert and moved to his side, placing his hand over his stomach and feeling him still breathing but barely.

Reaching behind him, putting his gun in his pants and picking up the body. Tossing the guy over his shoulder, then rushing back to his group. We had one thing going for us, we had a nurse that we found two days ago. His name was Shuichi and he was very good at his job.

Dropping the injured guy on a empty bench, and shaking the Nurse from his slumber. " You have to help him " He awoke to find the shot man, and pulled out his medical supplies and try to help the poor man. He sighed in relief as he turned around to get back to his post. But instead of seeing nothing, a M16 was pointed at him only a few inches away. Before I can utter a word, the sound of a single round was fired it was heard throughout the Metra station...
Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alex Star Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:34 pm

( Another chapter by yours truly, hope someone would review!! )

Chapter 2: Our world is no more

Just looking at the barrel near my head, made me shiver in fear. When the round was fired, it skinned my ear, but the bullet was not meant for me. My eyes grew wide, turning his head to the guy I tried to save. The bullet had hit the weak...or better yet, dead man between the eyes and killing him on the spot. At least he was not suffering anymore, but I looked upon at the lifeless body, and thinking that I could have prevented this.

Even if I knew that was a lie, being the weak seventeen year old high school student I was, didn't do much for him. Shiuchi had reappeared on the scene, dropping his Medical supplies on the ground at the scene in front of him. He had seen the shooting, the death was imprinted in his eyes, a dark eerie feeling and forever will stay with him for the rest of his life.

I had turned around to face the wielder of the M16 Assault rifle, that was now aimed at my head. Looking in the dark outline of the user, it was the General the leader of this survivor group. Before I could even utter a word, the cold piece of steel had smashed into my jaw sending me straight into the ground, landing on my butt as I clenched my jaw in pain. My eyes were glaring at our Leader, the bastard with the gun that could kill him right now.

General was now towering over him, his buzz-cut hair style and pale complexion gave away that he was white. His blue eyes were looking at him with anger behind them, but a hint of disgust was also in his eyes. His mouth was curved in a frown, and his nose was breathing heavily like a bull. His body structure was very bulky, but fit enough to run. Wondering if he had some red would he charge at him, maybe it could happen. But he wouldn't put money on it, so I looked into his eyes with his own.

I knew that he was really angry at me, indeed because of my actions. But I didn't regret doing it, I had to help the guy...at least to keep my own sanity within the new world. " Steven, you worthless piece of trash. Bringing a outsider into the camp, wasting on our medical supplies on that same scum. He could easily give us away, and get us all killed. Then leaving your post that keeps us safe, what if raiders came to attack now, we would all be dead and it would be all thanks to you! " His words were cold, and cruel, ready to kill him if I said the wrong thing at this very moment. I was the youngest in the group, so everyone yelled at me and knowing that I could not do anything about it.

I was shunned from the group, because I didn't want to kill someone. Instead I tried to help them, the raiders even because I believe that the world is still the same. Even if deep down, I knew that I tried to lie to myself about every single day. I strive to find even a glimpse of the old world, it felt like forever as I came back to reality. The general towering over me, and myself still on the ground, wishing not to stand up thinking that I would get struck again with his weapon of death. But knowing that I could hold up any longer, I stood up as the rest of the group came to see me.

They all shared the same look of disgust, there was only thirteen of us in total. Right now, there was only eleven here because the other two went to guard the entrance because I had left it to save the man for nothing. Out of the whole group, only four were able to carry the guns because they were trained or they owned them. He had found his weapon on a dead police officer, and never trusted anyone else with it because it could kill someone. Weapons were the most important thing in the world at the moment, it could change the tide of battle.

The stares were to much, taking the chance to run back to my tent. Shuichi had gathered the medical supplies and ran after me, I had reached the only place that was my. A tent that could fit about three people, entering the tent, there was a drawer that was filled with clothes, and two sleeping bags on the ground. Turning on the candle light, that was on the drawer, giving him the chance to view without crashing into things. I went to my sleeping bag, sitting on it as I tried to calm myself down. The sound of footsteps were heard outside the tent, soon enough Shuichi had came into the tent.

Placing the Medical supplies in the bottom drawer, before coming closer to me. He embraced me in a hug, I only accepted it because he was the only one that cared for me around here. Shuichi, was very short for being a male at the age of twenty two, about 5,5 and his light skin was like a ghost. He didn't get to go out much as a child, and only studied for most of his life. Being very kind heart, willing to help others like him. Rocking back and forth in our embraced, I was starting to calm down.

" Our Leader is a bastard, he only picks on me and the rest look at me, like I have the plague. All I wanted to do was the save the poor man, and try to be a hero. But this world doesn't have those, am I wrong for trying to help them " I said within the embrace, as Shuichi looked at him with a sad smile. He started to stroke my hair, as a mother would to her child. I was feeling much better, and knew that I could not endanger the both of us. This group was the only thing that was keeping us alive, breaking there pact now, would get them thrown out...or killed by that man.

" No you are a good boy, but it's the world that has changed, and many people have accepted this. So they have become cruel, even worse monsters of what they once were. I envy you my dear, you still try to help all those in need of it. Just promise me, that you will try to keep your sanity, and bring hope into this world " I only nodded at his kind works, then pulled away from the hug, and got into my own bed. As shuichi went to his on the other side of the tent, resting both of our eyes before sleep overtook us.

I woke up early, checking my watch it was quarter to nine, and I got a new set of clothes and my weapon checked. I left Shuichi to sleep, and reported to the bastard I hated with all my essence. It was time for the scavenger parties to go to work, there was only five of us willing to leave the safety of the station. We made it to our makeshift command base, a vendor stall with a shutter that could be closed for protection.

I was the last to make it to the briefing. " Ah Steven, good of you to finally make it to your assignment. It's too bad that you were given to explore the Blacklisted area, don't get yourself killed " He tossed me a book-bag, it was filled with climbing equipment that consisted of rope, a grappling hook, and a flashlight. As for his food, it was only two apples and half a bottle of water. It was not much, but better then nothing at all. Looking at the General with one last glare, but I didn't say anything to him.

I didn't complain, only turned around and left the command base. Walking out of the station, and down the hallway, I was guarding earlier in the morning. Before I went to the end of the Hallway, I found a small badge on the floor. It was in the shape of a triangle, in the center of the badge there was a hourglass. He kept it for himself, because it belonged to the man that was now dead. I put the badge on my shirt, then started to walk out of here.

At the end of the hallway, a faint light came from the staircase that lead out into the world. I didn't look back, the blacklist area was one of the most dangerous area's around this city because all three factions were after it. The general wanted me dead, because I was the first to be sent to inspect the area for food and water for the group. It was known for having the best supplies around the city, because it was once called the water-tower distract, having the biggest mall in the city of Chicago.

Walking up the stairs, each step gave me the same feeling. A longing for danger, and adventure but in this time and age..it was more like suicide. I made it to the top of stairs, the sight of the once beautiful and crowded city of Chicago was no more. Most of the buildings were broken in half, glass windows were torn apart and the streets were filled with flipped cars along with dead bodies. Rats were moving along the streets, taking bits from the rotting corpses. It was a very sad sight, along with everything but I couldn't do much for them at all. Would this world ever fix itself, maybe if I was stronger...but only the strong would be able to change everything.

The sun was clouded by Darkness, only small amount of sunlight was able to pierce through the clouds. Ever since the Nuke that destroyed this city, it has caused the clouds to block the sun from shinning down. It was hard to tell that it was even morning because of this, but it was all part of this new world. I started my walk along the streets, only because it gave the best cover just in case there were some raiders out here. " Time to get to work "

Alex Star
Alex Star
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top