Back to school -Open
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Back to school -Open Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Back to school -Open

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Back to school -Open Empty Back to school -Open

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Cat sighed as she walked down the strip of the train, looking for a compartment. She didn't like the whole tearful goodbye thing, so when Cat made it through the barrier, she quickly placed her trunk underneath the train and ran onto it, trying to find an empty compartment to sit in and not be bothered. It wasn't that Cat was anti social, she really just didn't feel like the mood to talk to anyone right then.

Finally finding a compartment, Cat opened the sliding door and sat in it. Her small kitten, Drea, popped her head out of the basket she was in and stared at her. Smiling, Cat patted her tiny head and set the basket across from her, watching Drea fall back asleep. Feeling tired herself, she laid on the seat and closed her eyes, placing a hand over her eyes, and tried to focus on relaxing.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 186
Special Abilities : Metamorphagus

Back to top Go down

Back to school -Open Empty Re: Back to school -Open

Post by Alexander Jones Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:19 pm

Alex sighed. This had been the fastest summer ever, it felt like the length of Christmas Break. Alex had done his shopping the first day he had gotten out of school, so that he didn't have to porcrasinate. But he did eventually, as he did his packing all last night. He had bags under his eyes. He was dreading the day, he had to war nerd clothes all day again, and things. But it was time.

He put his trunk in the Train part where he was supposed to put it in. He looked at the train, as he waved goodbye to his parents. He sighed, it was time. He walked into the train. He walked past the hallway in the trains, looking for a compartment. He saw a certain familiar red haired girl, Cat. He opened the door, "Heeeeey." Alex said softly, because he saw she was trying to relax.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 348
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:42 pm

Cat looked up when she heard the door open. She looked and saw a familiar Hufflepuff, Alex. Propping herself up on her elbow, she grinned at him. "Hey Alex." She replied with a yawn. She looked out the window, and made a face, realizing they were barely out of Kings Cross.

"You can come and sit if you like." Cat finally offered out, feeling awkward and a bit rude. Sitting up, she stretched, feeling how tight her muscles were, as the slightly cushioned benches weren't sleeping material. "How was the rest of your summer?" Cat asked curiously, trying to offer up a conversation. Her kitten jumped from her basket into Cats lap, and Cat stroked the kitten, hearing the purr of happiness from Drea.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 am

Alex looked over toward the cute redhead girl, feeling it was even cuter that she was trying to sleep. He put the trunk over the seats. He plopped down on the seat across Cat, and sighed. When she asked Alex how the rest of the summer had been for him, he responded with, "It felt like two day later I had to go to school. Summer wasn't that long this year." Alex said, maybe other people didn't feel that way, but Alex did. He sighed, and softly put his head against the wall, resting his head on the wall. "What about you?"
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:00 am

Cat was secretly pleased that Alex had took up her offer and sat down with her. God, don't you go thinking like that, Cat. Will power! Cat sighed, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. She did think he did look pretty cute, no matter how much she was fighting with herself. "No, I felt like that as well. It was strange, because I thought the summer last year was a lot slower. Probably because I didn't do much then." Cat shrugged it off, not finding a reason to go into further detail.

"Well, are you excited to be back at school?" Cat bit her lip, finding the awkward pause only she could probably be feeling. Drea jumped off her lap sat next to Alex, staring at him with lazy eyes. Confused, she only hoped he wasn't upset about it.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:53 pm

Alex sat there, watching all the kids, and parents scattering around Platform 9/4, then he realized there was a cat next to him, it was the one Cat had just had on her lap. He petted the kitty, as it went on his lap, "Cute...." Alex said. Petting the cat, then looked at Catalina, and thought about his next words, "Oh, well yeah, the cat is cute too." He said, realizing what he had just said was cheesy as hell.

He had learned it from his uncle, who was the king of cheesy lines. You see a girl walking her pet, and say 'cute', then the you would look at the girl, and say 'Oh, the dog is cute too.' So you had just told a girl that she was cute, in the cheesiest way you could.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Cat pondered what Alex had just said, and snorted aloud. "Very subtle, Alex. I did enjoy it though." Cat was a sucker for those stupid cheesy lines, something she didnt exactly love admitting. Looking out at the window, seeing all the parents, she had a flash of anger upon her face. They were all so happy looking, a whole family. Not broken, like here own. Cat instead turned away from the window and stared at Alex petting her cat, smiling, mind a million miles from their compartment,

"Do you have any siblings, Alex? I dont think I ever asked you that before." Cat asked what she was thinking, and she actually seemed to want to know the answer.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm

Alex laughed, "Ha, that is what I get for listening to my uncle. Usually the single uncles are the ones who always have cheesy lines." Alex said, which was usually true, your single uncle would tell you to get with as many women as you could, give you cheesy pick up lines, and also very rarely would try to hook you up with one of his friends daughters. It was stereotypical.

Then Cat asked about Alex's siblings, he quickly twitched his eyes, remembering how his brother had died because of him. It was twice that Cat had reminded him of how it was his fault he had killed his brother, he banged the back of his head against his chair, really hard, and said, "One sister..." In a grimlike manner, that was really strange for Alex, who was always happy.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Catalina Malcom Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:01 pm

"Maybe I should pay attention to my drunken family then." Cat wouldn't have ever taken advice from them, though. After hr fathers had killed himself and her sister, they had taken to drinking whenever they saw the red head and her mother.

"Look at poor little Catalina, trying to stay tough for her mother." She heard the voices of her family saying that in hushed voices, which carried to her ears. Growing rather angry, she grabbed her hair, pulling on it in angry fists. It wasn't often that she exploded like that, but this was that time. She knew if she got too angry, she would probably harm Alex. trying to calm down, she focused on here breathing, hearing the paranoia in each breath.

"I had a sister." Cat replied in a dead tone. It sounded terrible compared to her normal, bubbly self. Clenching her teeth, she focused on what the doctors at Mungos told her, what they told all mental patients. "Now, Catalina, you have to focus on the postives. It wasnt your fault, so breathe! Its okay!" Thinking about that made Cat laugh, but it sounded more of a bark. Of course it wasn't okay.
Catalina Malcom
Catalina Malcom
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexander Jones Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:38 pm

Alex looked at Cat, apparently he wasn't the only one person with some family drama, Alex looked at Cat, who now looked like she had just murdered someone. And said a remark about her drunken family. Although if there had been stuff that your family did for you, it was give life, even if they did horrible things, you wouldn't be there living the joy you lived.

Alex tried to calm down himself, because Alex never got angry, and when he did, he'd go on a rampage, destroying everything in his path, with his bare hands. So he remembered a calming exercise during his samurai training in Kyoto, and ninja training it Tokyo, and fighter in Beijing. He put his hand where his heart was, and took a deep breath, feeling the heartbeat of his, getting slower.

He looked at Cat, and put the kitten to the side. He walked over, and sat next to her after she said the comment about her sister.
"I had a brother, him and I were the best of friends. See, I used to do mystery solving during the summer, as I thought the police took to long during investigations, and I used to read lots of Detective books, and I even had a great sense of deduction.

During my last case, I caught the killer at the parking lot building in the airport, he thought I was just a nosy kid, until I explained his whole scheme, my brother had followed me, and the man had a pistol. Apparently my brother knew me, and he knew me so well that he knew I was going to take the bullet for him, so when I was about to jump in front of him to stop the bullet, my brother did it first, three inches from the heart, and he died on impact. The killer didn't escape though.

After that, my sister and I never talked again, my parents and I had a strained relationship, and I retired from the detective gig."
Alex said. His head looking at the ground, as a tear dropped, "What?" He asked himself. "Is this a tear?" Alex hadn't cried, like never, even when his brother died, or at his funeral, he was sad, but he never shed a tear, and now he did.
Alexander Jones
Alexander Jones
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top