Check, Mate - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Check, Mate - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Check, Mate

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Check, Mate - Page 2 Empty Re: Check, Mate

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:51 am

Thaor looked deep into Robert's eyes, grabbed his wand and muttered Prior Incantato, his wand emitted a blueish-green ribbon that wrapped itself around Thaor's chest. Thaor didn't say another word, he knew Robert would know exactly what that spell was. Thaor was sick, dying, and in his eyes, the dementors kiss was less torture than suffering through this till he died.

In my eyes, the dementors kiss is better than suffering. Thaor said, looking to the fireplace. We both know how this is going to end, it's advanced, and aggressive. Rapidly gaining strength, and taking all of mine. Thaor said, laying his wand back on the desk. He had known for a while, and thought he could hide the sickness, but there was only so much he could do, the spell only masked the symptoms on the outside, he very much felt them on the inside.

We both know you are very good at getting out of trouble Robert, in a few months this will all be water under the bridge. I can only hide this for so long, the spell is getting less and less effective. Haven't you wondered why I'm not turning green? The sickness inside of me is stronger than what ever it is that is going around. I don't have much time left Robert, but I can't suffer anymore.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:57 pm

The Prior Incantatum revealed he had used a glamour spell to hide the illness he carried. By the looks of it, the plague was the least of Thaor's issues. He felt for Thaor. The man prided himself that there wasnt' a jam he couldn't get out of. Until now. He didn't like to see Thaor suffering. But then again, Thaor was willing to toss himself and Robert and Khaat all under the proverbial bus when, as Robert could tell, none of them had committed any crimes.

"I'm sorry you're dealing with that. And whether I get out of being set up for something I didn't do is irrelevant. I fail to understand what your need is to toss us all under Gellert Grindelwald's bus. We're all innocent and you know it. So what the hell is the point, then? To leave us with some sort of legacy of being less than who we really are? To discredit what we did do? What's the point? If it makes sense, then do explain it, because I truly don't get it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Thaor looked to Robert as he spoke, he didn't get it. You aren't thrown under the bus. You're very good at manipulating, getting your way. Make it look like I was trying to frame you, I'll get the dementors kiss, and you'll be scotch free. At my trial, I'll make it known I lied about your and khaats involvement. It'll go down in the books as I was trying to drag you down with me. Thaor turned to Mellie.

I'm deeply sorry you're being dragged into this. This is a side of politics no one should see.

We both know there is no cure Robert, I can only buy myself a little bit of time, best guess, I have six months. And I know what you're going to say, you'll find a cure, you're the head healer, you're specialty is finding cures. However, I have done my homework, there is no cure. The only thing I can think of is how we got me out of the unbreakable vow, but I don't exactly have any horcruxes laying around, and I'm not about to make a new one. I'm prepared to go down in the history books as a dark, evil wizard. I deserve no better. What legacy have i left? One of betrayal, one of murder, and manipulation. I'm ready to die Robert, but it will be on my terms.

The world will never know I've been poisoned, yes, poisoned, I have a feeling who it was, but they shan't get the satisfaction of knowing they caused my death.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:26 pm

"You're presuming a lot, you know," Robert said. "Who the hell said anything about you getting the dementors' kiss? The last I knew, you hadn't even been charged, much less convicted. You want me to sentence you? You dont need a trial for that. I could make your confession stick enough that I could order you to Azkaban now if you prefer. I personally don't see the point.

"And, if you're accurate about the poison, or if you choose for me to not help you, then fine. Go ahead and die if you choose. If you don't want to suffer, then there are loads of ways around that. And you know that as well. A quick killing curse would be far more preferable to the dementors, would it not? I'm sure you can find someone to do that for you. It won't be me. Not today anyway. If you want to be done with it, then go find the person who poisoned you and get them to do it. If they want you dead this badly, then I would think they'd finish the job in a face off, wouldn't they?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 pm

Thaor could feel his anger building, Robert just wasn't getting it. What part of MY TERMS don't you understand. They will never know that their plan has worked. Thaor said, grabbing his wand and standing up. He knew he needed to leave before he flew off the handle. Someone is out to get me, and I believe they are very close to you. So close, it may be blood. That is all I will say about the matter.

It's obvious that this conversation is going nowhere, I leave you with this, rule 4 and 20. It was nice knowing you Robert. Thaor said, turning and walking towards the door.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 pm

It might be blood? Had he lost his mind? Robert was angry now. He watched Thaor starting to leave.

"Thaor, I swear," he said. "If you so much as breathe on anyone in my family, you won't have to worry about who poisoned you. I will make very quick work of this whole business and take care of you myself. And you know better than to think I wouldn't. Nobody in my family has any desire to kill you. And you're a bigger prat than I took you for if you believe that anyone in my family has access anymore to those sorts of dark potions. They aren't shelf stable forever, you know. I don't make them. I don't go to Knockturn, and neither does anyone in my family.

"The only one we knew who went to Knockturn was the Dent family, and they are completely disappeared. And you had plenty of time to check that for yourself before I took your permissions. We haven't had any need to go to Knockturn since before Rob left over 2 years ago.

"You've lost your bloody mind. That's what you've done. I can't believe you. If you want me to send you to Azkaban to provide you with some dementors then speak up, before I just get pissed off enough to accept your confession and clear this right up for you!"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:40 am

Thaor turned to Robert. I won't be touching your family Robert, quite the opposite actually. I'll be taking off now, should you need to reach me, I'll send Shax to you, she'll be able to find me should you need to send a message. Thaor said, walking back towards Robert, he whistled and a brown owl flew through the window, landing on the owl perch.

Azkaban won't be necessary actually, If you would like to help find a cure, I'll accept the help, although I don't believe we'll find a cure. Thaor said, aiming his wand at the window. Expecto Patronum He said, moments later a silver creature protruded from Thaor's wand, it was like nothing he had ever seen before, but it was obviously a dark creature, and proof that Thaor was not right in the head. It's been like that since I've noticed I am sick. I want my phoenix back Robert, I don't like this, this, what ever this is. I don't know who I can trust, I can't even trust myself. Please help me. Thaor said, before turning and rushing to the door.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:28 am

Robert saw the foul creature exit the end of Thaor's wand. He had only seen that in cases of wizards gone mad. He didn't know whether Thaor was cursed or what had caused it, but it was perplexing. Thaor had been on of his strongest friends and allies. He hadn't told Robert of anyone attempting to do him ill.

"If you leave without telling me when this began and what you know," Robert said quietly. "You make the search for some sort of relief or cure all the harder because you leave me with nothing. I don't know enough about the symptoms to even make a diagnosis. Even if you feel you can't trust me, then try to do it for yourself. No one has moved. Come back andd tell me what you know so that I have at least some sort of compass heading for this thing. And if you can make yourself stay, then write it and send it to me in an owl. But you have to tell me everything."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top