First Day of work
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

First Day of work Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

First Day of work

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

First Day of work Empty First Day of work

Post by Guest Mon May 14, 2012 9:49 pm

Tristan's alarm starting screaming in his ear to wake him up for his first day of work. He groaned softly as he hit the off button, he stretched out on his bed not wanting to get up. He wondered if he could get a different shift from the owner of the bar. Getting up out of bed was going to be easy but working the long hours was going to be murder. He looked at the clock then walked to his bathroom to get ready for the day, he showered then put on a pair of good jeans and shirt. Looking at the clock again he then grabbed his bag and headed out the door, he thought that he would get a bite to eat on the way to work. He walked out of his apartment building and started walking towards The Leaky Cauldron and Diagon Alley, he was glad he only lived five blocks away. He walked until he finally reached the entrance to The Leaky Cauldron, taking a deep breath he walked inside.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

First Day of work Empty Re: First Day of work

Post by Elizabeth Carter Thu May 24, 2012 7:54 pm

Elizabeth didn’t knew what to do, she have left everything behind just to start all over again in the magic world. She was missing her grandparents, her paintings, even that annoying neighbor she use to have. Walking the streets she remembered an old place she would always go as a student, “The Leaky Cauldron …. I wonder if is still open?” She thought.

Getting to the leaky cauldron was more difficult than what she thought it would be. After going through the wrong streets and corners she finally found to the place. It was really empty, maybe because of the hours, there were only a few people so she decided to sit in one of the many empty places waiting for one of the workers to take her order.
Elizabeth Carter
Elizabeth Carter
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 148
Special Abilities : Healing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:42 pm

Tristan looked over and saw a customer so he walked over to her quickly, "Miss if you will allow me a moment to put away my bag i will be with you shortly." He said smiling at her softly hoping that he didn't sound like he was trying to get out of serving her. "I will not take long i promise. Then i can get you whatever you wish today." He stood a little back from her table so as to not to "invade" her personal bubble.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carter Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:55 am

Elizabeth was surprised when she heard somebody's voice close to her. She was lost in her thoughts until the man started to speak. The first thing that she noticed was that he was a very handsome man, the kind that would be the hero in all the fantasy books she has read. "I should use him on one of my stories" Elizabeth thought, but after a few seconds she put that thought away because it was too "creepy" to write about someone you don't even know. At first she was confused by what he was saying until he said the last part "can get you whatever you wish today? ... Oh of course, he must work here! Wow you are slow today Elizabeth" she thought.

"Don't worry it's ok" Elizabeth told him with a polite smile "I just arrive anyways, so I haven't been waiting too much" Truth to be told, she wasn't a very patient person but she was just arriving so she didn't saw a reason to be upset.
Elizabeth Carter
Elizabeth Carter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:05 am

Tristan smiled and said, "I shall return quickly so i don't keep you waiting." He walked away quickly towards the kitchen and set his bag in the office that was there near the front. He grabbed an waiter's apron as well as a pad of paper to write down her order. Tristan walked back out and over to her table still smiling, "What can i get for you today?" He asked politely holding his hands in front of him loosly. 'She's very beautiful.' He thought to himself as he looked at her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carter Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:01 am

She was watching him leave really quickly and when she was alone again she started thinking about her life. Elizabeth was trying really hard to be the same girl she used to be, the one that would always joke, that would always have a smile on her face and have a lot of friends. But it was really hard, after all she have been trough she couldn't help but feel that she was a lost cause.

When the man walked to her table again she noticed he was still smiling "He looks like a nice person" Elizabeth thought.

She looked at him in the eyes while he was speaking to her and started to clear her throat when she noticed he was looking at her. She was feeling kind of awkward with him looking at her, after all she wasn't used to interact a lot with people " Especially with a man" she thought.

"Well, when I was a student there was a drink I really liked" Elizabeth answer him once she get over her awkwardness " it was butter something... Do you guys have that one in here?" She finished with a nervous smile.

"Butter something? Way to go Elizabeth" She thought to herself, letting out a deep breath.
Elizabeth Carter
Elizabeth Carter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:11 am

Tristan smiled and said, "Butterbeer. Of course we have it, will that be all for you miss?" He tried to not smile when she got a little nervous. He knew that sometimes him looking directly at people made them nervous while as others it made them feel better. He was simply being attentive to whatever she said and made sure that it would get it right the first time.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carter Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:07 pm

"Yes that would be all for me, Thanks" Elizabeth smiled.

She started to get more comfortable in her seat and pull out the notebook (that was in her small bag) to check one of the new sketches she has made while she was waiting for her order.

A real smile came to Elizabeth's face when she notice the first sketch, it was of both of her grandparents sitting in a bench in their backyard, both of them with big smiles on their faces and his grandfather right arm was surrounding her grandmother shoulders. This have been the sketch she made of them before she left.

" I miss both of you" Elizabeth told herself
Elizabeth Carter
Elizabeth Carter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:18 pm

Tristan nodded walked back to the bar to get her a butterbeer, while he walked around the bar he looked up. He saw that she was holding a notepad that looked like it had something drawn on the page. He smiled knowing that she must be an artist, considering the drawing that was showing. Tristan grabbed a mug filling it with butterbeer then walked back over to her when more customers came in. He set the mug down on top of a paper napkin then said, "If you would like anything else all you have to do is call my name. My name's Tristan." He smiled at her then walked over to the other customers and greeted them, then he was back behind the bar once more making more drinks. Tristan would look around the pub every now and then as he was serving the customers that had come in, but his eyes would always wonder back to her.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Carter Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:56 pm

Lost in her sketches Elizabeth didn’t notice the man approaching to her table. He took her by surprise but she managed to hide it, when she heard him telling her his name she couldn’t help the small smile that came to her face “Thank you” was her only answer.

Once Tristan left Elizabeth felt stupid “You didn’t told him your name! ” She thought. After a few minutes of thinking she made up her mind. Elizabeth grabbed her drink, packed her things and started to walk to the place on the bar where Tristan was. She put the drink on the bar and despite her nervousness she started to speak.

“My name is Elizabeth, I’m sorry I didn’t told you that before” She said offering her hand for Tristan to shake and trying to look cool when in reality her mind was telling her how crazy she was for doing this.

When the words came out she felt stupid “Did you just really walk to the bar just to tell him you name?” Elizabeth thought .

Elizabeth Carter
Elizabeth Carter
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top