Important: Hogwarts staff
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Important: Hogwarts staff Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Important: Hogwarts staff

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Important: Hogwarts staff Empty Important: Hogwarts staff

Post by Jess Potter Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:28 am

Hey.

So, in case you've not read it, there's a big post over in announcements about some changes in Hogwarts - I just wanted to reinforce them here and make sure you know what's going on.

From now on you need to start your classes on the first and fifteenth of each month and have them run at a maximum of a month.

You only need to make one class "E.g. Charms Class 1"
No basic or NEWT stuff.

You can't take points away for tardiness, but it's encouraged that you give points to the early people, and simply not give them to the late ones.

You should give out lots of points, on that note.

I'd like to see the teachers interacting a lot more with each other, and with the students around the school, be it in a formal or informal manner. It'd be nice to see you all out and about. That means support staff as well.

Finally, if you don't run two classes in a row, you lose your job. Subs - I'd like you to please be scanning the class forums around the first and fifteenth of the month. If you see a class that's not been posted in by the 3rd or the 17th, I'd expect you to take the initiative and start the class yourself.

That's all, I think. If you've got any questions, please post them here!

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Important: Hogwarts staff Empty Re: Important: Hogwarts staff

Post by Amelia Lyons Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:47 pm

So just to clarify, I can't start a class on any day except the 1st or the 15th? Doesn't that seem a bit limiting?
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:01 am

Well it is a bit limiting, but it's to give some sort of structure to the students - I've had quite a few mention over time that they dislike the turbulence and inconclusiveness of classes, because they just happen every so often in most cases (or not at all in some)

So the idea is that for teachers there's a set rule - they HAVE to make their class for the students then, else they're not doing their jobs right, and they have to try and keep the ball rolling, else they have to manage more than one at once.

Most teachers *Puts up hand* don't do a regular sort of thing anyway, so I think this'll be for the best.

Beg to differ? If you all hate it I can look around for some other solution? I just think this way students will know when things are happening and what's happening.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:53 am

So we just wait until the fifteenth of this month to start a new class?
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Amelia Lyons Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:09 am

I'll go with this for a while and see if it improves student attendance and participation. But in my experience, classes often become slow to stagnant after everyone declares that they've arrived, and then they just end up dying because no one does anything. For an example, see the Potions dungeons.

But I'll try it starting on the 15th. Worth a shot, anyway.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:00 am

Well then pester them? Send PMs to those who turned up, we wont delete the class groups just yet, in case the freedom doesn't work as well as we hoped, then we'll have some sort of control. Remember, only one class, 15th this month and that's all i can say for now I suppose.

Unless anyone has any other suggestions, it's the only real ideas I have :/
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top