a brand new home for me
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

a brand new home for me Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

a brand new home for me

View previous topic View next topic Go down

a brand new home for me Empty a brand new home for me

Post by Rose Granger-Weasley Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:46 pm

a brand new home for me Beauti10

The decision had been practically been made for her. The atmosphere in her father's house during breaks and the summer was just beginning to get to be too much for her. Although, she hadn't wanted to move out at all. Her father had bought her a house of her very own when she had graduated, but she hadn't wanted to occupy it under any circumstances. It was really fear that had always kept her at her father's house. In truth she had always been afraid of living on her own, she had grown up with her father, and even though she couldn't remember anything before her attack, their bond was still there and she didn't want to leave her father's side.

Finally, though, she had been forced to take the decision of moving out. Her younger siblings' hate and fright of her was making it almost impossible for her to live among them. So she had just decided that she would pack up her things and leave. But not without informing her family of course, well without informing her father anyways. She had told him that she was ready to live on her own, not wanting to tell him that it was her brother and sisters that had caused her decision to be made, and she asked that he tell her siblings of her decision. She would've done it herself but she knew that if they received a letter from her most of them wouldn't read it. She had also asked that when he wrote to them, to include that they could come visit her whenever they wanted, though she highly doubted that would happen.

Now, she stood in front of the door of her new house. For a moment she hesitated in entering, thinking when she entered it would be an empty, lifeless place. Alexis took a deep breath and slowly unlocked and opened the door to the house. What she saw was definitely not what she expected and her mouth dropped at what she saw. The house was fully furnished and it was even decorated in her taste. She really had a lot to thank her father for and when she got the chance she would surely thank him for everything he'd done for her.
Rose Granger-Weasley
Rose Granger-Weasley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570

http://simplekhroleplay.guildmmorpg.net

Back to top Go down

a brand new home for me Empty Re: a brand new home for me

Post by Alice Rousseau Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Though Rose Weasley didn’t exactly live in the area, she was incredibly aware of her surroundings, both internal and external to her home. That was why when she heard from the old lady not far from where she was living that a young woman was moving into an extravagant house in a few days time. Now admittedly, that was a week ago but Rose had been prepared. She wanted to make a good impression on her not so neighbourous neighbour. They weren’t really neighbours but everyone was a neighbour to everyone else in life, were they not? That was what Rose figured and that was why she had been attentive enough to make up a fruit basket for the new person that was moving into the area outside Rose’s neighbourhood. The elderly woman who had first told Rose of this development understandably thought the redhead quite odd for making such a gift for the girl. That hadn’t shaken Rose’s resolve though and after fixing a bow on the side of the basket and making sure the fruit stayed in place with a few spells, Rose left her apartment and trundled down the inside stairs, bursting out into the shop before dancing out into the street and heading up the road to an Apparation point.

Rose Apparated with a crack in an alleyway behind a couple of terraced houses. She stepped around the bins and picked up her pace, walking briskly down the road in an attempt to get to the house before the wind and winter’s wrath honed in on her. She was simply dressed today. She wore figure hugging jeans with leather ankle boots and a pale pink v-neck shirt that revealed the milky skin of her chest. She didn’t dress ridiculously, not even when she was forced to go to a party with one of her friend’s from school. No, Rose was an appropriate for all occasions and this one didn’t require much from her - just something casual. Despite herself though, she still brushed off bits of lint and made sure her grey coat was properly done up before stopping in front of the door and knocking gently on it, her mind all the while wondering whether she’d put that preservation spell on the fruit or not. Probably, but it in her panic she couldn’t quite think.
Alice Rousseau
Alice Rousseau
Beauxbatons Graduate
Beauxbatons Graduate

Number of posts : 283

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top