Shops!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Shops! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Shops!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shops! Empty Shops!

Post by Jess Potter Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:20 am

Note: This topic is for sales shops only, not for bars, inns or pubs. Please look in the Job Enlistment forum if you're interested in purchasing one of those establishments.

So, you're interested in becoming a shop owner.

The first thing you need to know is that there is a cost associated with purchasing a shop - any prospective owners must first pay 75 Galleons for their shop. This means that there is a chance that you wont be able to initially afford some of the other basics. Don't worry though, owning a shop is a sure fire way to make plenty of money.

A few guidelines do exist for PA's shops. First off you need to keep your shop looking fresh and active, you are subject to have your shop repossessed if it is not profitable, so be sure to keep it up to date. Any shop that goes longer than 90 days without any activity (including activity from the shop's owner) is at risk for being "closed."Admins are happy to sticky topics such as inventory lists or anything else you want stickied for you, so just ask. Changes to the system may be introduced at any time, so always keep your eyes on the announcements section of the site.

The current shops that are on Potter's Army are as follows:
Gringotts (OPEN)
Borgin & Burkes (Eulalia Dafour)
Daily Prophet Head Office (OPEN)
Eeylops Owl Emporium (OPEN)
Flourish and Blotts (OPEN)
Ollivanders (Under renovation)
Marchetti’s Wand (Aaron Marcheti)
Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions (Jessica Dark Heart)
Quality Quidditch Supplies (OPEN)
Weasley Wizarding Wheezes (Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan)
Slug and Jiggers Apothecary (Lorcan D'Eath)
Wiseacre’s Wizarding Equipment (OPEN)

These shops each have a proposed inventory to accompany them which would be PMed to any prospective buyers. Shop owners can also add their own items to the inventory, however admin approval needs to be sought out before listing it for sale (So that there's not too much overlap between stores)

So, if you're interested in becoming a shop owner on PA, please fill in the form below and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Shops may be created in Diagon Alley, Knockturn Alley, or in Hogsmeade. If you wish to create a non-canon shop or a different canon shop, express your interest below and we'll work it out with you as soon as possible! If you need help in designing your shop or setting it up on the board appropriately, please pm Khaat or take a look at some of the existing shops to get some ideas. Khaat will be happy to help you.

Code:

[b]Character name:[/b]
[b]Shop's name:[/b]
[b]Any plans you have for your shop in particular: (Such as sales, seasonal wares, new, non-canon wares, etc.)[/b]

The Admin Team

Last edited by Jess Potter on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Shops! Empty Re: Shops!

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:13 am

Khaat Lupin (and Brian Quinn):
Sparks:
Sparks specializes in fresh, handmade gourmet quality bistro fare for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, using only the finest seasonal ingredients and supporting local farmers. We'd love to link up with players who are running wizarding farms to buy our food from. (HINT, HINT!!) Sparks also runs a full service gourmet bakery and gourmet coffee bar, caters wizarding events, provides takeout service, and has a coffee bar with a barrista. We need to add an executive chef, a general manager, a couple of soux chefs, pastry chefs and barristas, and servers to our list of employees. The menu changes as each season changes due to the change in the availability of seasonal ingredients. Sparks is more of an investment property for Khaat and Brian, so we're looking for people that we can trust and in turn we will compensate them well.

Katherine "Kate" Lupin (and Jessica Dark Heart):
Madam Malkins:
[b]The finest in fashions and fashion accessories for witches and wizards, along with tailormade fashions, special occasion wear, formal wear, and specially made wizarding clothing for infants and children. Madam Malkins needs a fashion designer, clerks, and a seamstress/milliner.[b]

Please take the fee for Sparks from Khaat's account--rather than splitting it w/ Brians account, and since Kates share in Madam Malkin's was a gift from her husband Robert please take the entire fee for Madam Malkins out of Robert's account. That keeps it straighter in my personal plotting. I'll work out any differences w/ Jessica's player, but right now, it isn't an issue to us. I'm willing to pay it.

Thanks!!

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Jessica Dark Heart
Madam Malkins:
The finest in fashions and fashion accessories for witches and wizards, along with tailormade fashions, special occasion wear, formal wear, and specially made wizarding clothing for infants and children. Madam Malkins needs a fashion designer, clerks, and a seamstress/milliner.

Thanks!!
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:22 pm

Oops, sorry Khaat, Sparks wasn't meant to be listed here, rather it's meant to be in the other list. That's entirely my fault though, so I'll approve it and add it here. Just a note though, because of the way eateries are run, there wont be a shopkeeping vault created, as there's no need for an inventory, rather you get a higher weekly wage.

Jess, that's accepted but I'll have to do all the paperwork when I get home, sorry but I must run!
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:45 am

Righto, added up now

Just a note. I'd like to remind everyone that when you make a purchase, it's your responsibility to report it in your vault, no ours to follow it up. I've done it this time, but we do need you guys to report purchases.

Also, Khaat, look in the eatery topic for your reply
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 am

Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan wrote:Character name: Jaquellene "Jack" Dyllan
Business name: Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes
Type of business: Pranking/Misc Equipment
Basic menu:
Spoiler:
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:00 am

Accepted
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:06 am

Character name: Ne'Os Emof
Shop's name: The artificium
Any plans you have for your shop in particular: My plan is rather simple It would be a artifact shop that would sell some basic trinkets such as a very basic defense charm on a necklace and things such as cursed hands. You know the standard things. Then It would also offer custom made things such as the engagement ring that causes your spouse to lose a finger. Or the animated hand or whatever you can think of. Obviously they would need to be weak to moderate strength as to keep them not overpowered yet interesting. I would make it graduates only though I might accept that student who really needs something. Mostly most of my business would come from custom trinkets.

Prices could be like 5 galleons for the cursed hand, 2 for the enchanted necklace, 10 for any custom artifact.
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 5547
Special Abilities : Wandless magic, Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:36 am

I like it. And I'll add it. Presumably Knockturn?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22700
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Ne'Os Emof Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:37 am

yes please Very Happy
Ne'Os Emof
Ne'Os Emof