RE-Post
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

RE-Post Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

RE-Post

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RE-Post Empty RE-Post

Post by Aaron Marcheti Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:51 pm

So I used to be on a Star Wars board that did this thing once a week on Fridays. They called it Friday Night Roleplay. Basically what you do is get everyone together at a certain time and everyone writes very quick posts and move a plot along very fast. It is fun and can be a good way to explore characters you would not usually explore.

The idea is pretty simple. Someone would get a small plot together, or sometimes it could be bigger ones, and everyone writes until it is finished or you just pass out from being online so long. We had one RP that lasted from 7 PM until 5 AM the next day. You write out smaller posts, no more than a paragraph, and that way you can get a lot of stuff done in one night.

The idea came when I was thinking about how one person can have so man characters. I felt like you wouldn't really be able to fully experience all of your characters through long threads because of the thread dying or people dropping out. Then I remembered this and it really offers a way for you to write with characters you generally do not have a chance to write with and you can explore them more.

On the idea of the actual RP I figure one week we can do a student oriented one and then the next week an adult oriented one. By that I mean this: One week it would be all about your student characters. You could choose one, or even two, characters to write and then that night you get to really explore that character.

Some ideas could be like quidditch matches, students reacting to certain things in the wizarding world. Adult wise it would be a chance for certain characters, like entertainers, to get a chance to actually showcase themselves. For example everyone could go to the Leaky Cauldron to see someone play or whatever.

We could even incorporate the main plot line into things. This way everyone could be involved in some way and not feel left out. Examples could be like a big war or something along those lines considering what has been brewing between the DE, Order, and Grindy.

Its a new idea and I am more than open for little tweaks on it. I figure this is a fresh new outlook on things and it could be fun if we just give it a chance.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

RE-Post Empty Re: RE-Post

Post by Jess Potter Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:38 pm

O_O
I looove you

I back this 100% if you get members, a time and all that jazz, you'll have me for sure. I've actually been saying in the Admin Centre that we should take the word limit down on certain things, like duels, because you simply do not need the 80 words of description about how chunks of rock look when flying through the air in order to say that something happened.

Only problem I see with it is time zones, I'm ahead of everyone else... but then again, we have a definite down and up time, and I think the up time is the around the American afternoon to night.

Once again, this has my full support, so if anyone else is interested we should start sorting this out! Smile
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:40 pm

-shrugs- I like it Very Happy Good idea!
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:47 pm

The time thing is the only problem. But, like I said, it is managable. From what I remember 7 pm like est time is a good aproximate and if we do it on Fridays the time shouldn't really matter. I was looking for Thursdays but that's just cause it is when I am free. But, the best way to solve it, is if everyone posts when they are free the most and we can just get it all sorted.

Glad everyone likes it Smile
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe Gould Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:50 pm

I feel it would bring PA to a more priority in people's lives ya know.. People would end up setting aside time to get on and post.. and that would bring it back from the dark ages and into the present XD
Zoe Gould
Zoe Gould

Number of posts : 152

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:54 pm

I had to take time to read this and think about it. I think if we would drop the word count requirement on this and run it perhaps at the heaviest time frames, whether that is a friday night or a saturday ngiht, it would be a great thing to try. if we lower the word count, we might have to sort of clarify between a decent quick post and a spam. but its really, really a good idea.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22617
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:01 am

Well I will go ahead and say that the most horrifying thing about this IS the post count. In my experience and , to me, the reason forum roleplays are dead are because people stopped focusing on the fun and started in on bullcrap. Examples are posts counts. Now I do support post counts to a limit, but think back to when you first started rping. It wasn't about how much you could post but more about how cool it was to immerse yourself in a whole new world.

That's a whole new topic.

The thing is this idea revolves around quick posting. Its meant to get as much rp in as quickly as possible so you can actually explore your characters in a new light. This type of rp was where I had my most fun duels and where I would usually meet and interact with the most characters. HP roleplays are usually based around longer post counts but this is a new chance considering the forum rp is dying out.

If you guys are interested in seeing how one actually works there is a forum called The Gungan Council and I think a live one is actually about to start up.

Also I'm. On my phone so I'm rushing what I type as I walj through wal mart lol
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:52 am

Alright well it is not garnering as much attention as I hoped but here is the deal:

If anyone at all is interested I will orchestrate one for the few of us that actually want to do this. I really want to push this because I think it is a fun idea. I don't care if it is just me and one other person, we will do it.

I am going to go ahead and set a date of October 27 which is next Thursday. I will get a time and a plot up so if anyone is interested just post here with who you want to use so I can formulate some sort of plot out.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:28 am

I am interested - get a time (Weekends do generally suit people better) and I'll try and get a few of the people I think would be interested together for it.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:30 am

Alright well instead of Thursday what about Friday? I'm all about Thursday cause I know ill be free lol.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum