books, books and more books!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

books, books and more books! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

books, books and more books!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

books, books and more books! Empty books, books and more books!

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:37 am

Ah... nothing made Kiara happier then reading a bunch of dusty old books in the library of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardly. Yes as shocking as it may seem Kiara like reading, no she loved it. Today Kiara wasn't in her troublemaking sassy mood like she always was, but instead she was calm and sort of in her shy mood today. Sitting at her table Kiara had her nose buried in Hogwarts the History one of her favorite books of all times mainly because it was so detailed. It was cold rainy day and Kiara hated being in the Gryffindor common room for it was noisy and loud which drove her mad.

There wasn't many people in the libary, but be honest there was only a couple of people doing homework but other then that everyone avoided the library as much as possible. Kiara didn't get why though, what was so bad about the library?other then the librarian could be mean at times. To be honest besides the lake the library was Kiara's favorite place to hang out and be herself. Alot of people think deep down Kiara is a shy girl who loves reading instead of her sassy troublemaking self and to be honest she thinks there right. Before Kiara came to Hogwarts she was REALLY shy and didn't have much friends but her attitude did a complete 360 after her first year at Hogwarts.

Kiara tried not to show her shy side much but it was starting to show more now then her sassy troublemaking side was. "Maybe I should just let show, I mean there's ton of shy people around here."said Kiara to herself. As she shrugged to herself she kept on reading her book but looked up every now and then to see if anyone she knew was coming in. Kiara didn't know very many people anyways so she spend alot of her time in the library or at the lake. As she looked around the library she seen the librarian was busy so she gotten a apple out of her bag she gotten out of the Great Hall and started eating it while she was reading.

Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 160

Back to top Go down

books, books and more books! Empty Re: books, books and more books!

Post by Peter Harrington Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:28 am

The Library...

What a wonderful place to be.. on a normal day anyway. Lately it had been.. stuffed full of girls, and it had started to annoy him, before they had all gotten to busy to hang out in the library and giggle, and now had stuff to do. So he decided to come back, after spending quite a bit of time in an empty room that he had basically claimed as his own and moved into. He moved into the library and looked around carefully at the people in the library. He saw some people there, but it was actually pretty empty, and he smiled, taking a seat in his usual spot, near another girl who looked like she didn't quite belong. Good, she'd be gone soon, so he pulled out his textbooks, and started in on an essay.

Peter smiled at his essay, and then moved back to his book, before he got distracted. Someone was still sitting to close, and he found his eyes glancing up and seeing.. that girl, she hadn't moved yet? Why was she still there? She wasn't a normal person to be sitting in the library... and yet... she was still there.. reading.. Peter squinted and read the title on her book. Hogwarts, A History? What was she doing with that? No normal Gryffindor girl read that book for light reading... He couldn't help it, it was distracting him. Peter forced his eyes back to his essay, before he shoved it away from him, and picked up a piece of paper that had weird equations on it, he picked it up and started to read over it, before he started to work on the piece of paper that had nothing to do with classes.
Peter Harrington
Peter Harrington

Number of posts : 39

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:43 am

As Kiara kept on reading she had a weird feeling she was being watched by someone so being her curious self Kiara looked up and looked around. Not seeing anyone looking at her Kiara shrugged and went back to reading her book but she still had a weird feeling that she was still being watched. "Probably the librarian."Kiara thought to herself as she looked at the librarian but he was busy reading a book himself. Looking around she finally seen who was looking at her weirdly, it was a Ravenclaw boy she seen in class that was REALLY smart. "Why is he looking at me so weird, haven't he seen a girl read a book before?"Kiara asked herself curiously. Kiara knew she probably looked out of place in the library but there was more to Kiara then what meets the eye.

As she looked at him for a second she turned back to her book and started reading where she left off before he came in. As she finished her apple she looked around for a place to put it butthen remembered a spell that made things disappear which made her smile. As she gotten out her wand she muttered the spell as her apple disappeared. Pocketing her wand back into her robe she looked back at the boy who looked at her before returning back to her page she been on for the pass minute or so. It was bugging her though, why was he looking at her so weirdly she was in here almost all the time reading if she wasn't at the lake.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Harrington Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 am

Peter knew this wasn't going to be easy. She kept looking up at him... it was starting to make him self conscious, and finally he started to pack up his things. But he didn't leave the Library, and he even surprised himself. Instead of heading over to the exit, he stood up, with his stuff, and went and sat across from the girl, then he pulled out his parchment that had all of his equations on it, and started to work again. He didn't say anything to her, just sat there, working on his equations. It was like that was all that was needed. The second he came over to sit down, his mind went to ease, and he could concentrate on his findings. It wasn't often that a wizard worked on math equations, but when they did, they were usually extremely complex. At that point in time he was actually looking up potions, their effects, and which doses worked better. He didn't need a book at the moment because of where he was at, but the equations were extremely difficult.

Leaning over Peter pulled out a textbook, and started to look up some stuff, until finally he glanced up at the girl, and bent over a bit more. Being as tall as he was, he was very self conscious about his height, and sitting here, looking at her, he felt all the taller. So he hunched his shoulders, and looked at her. "I'm Peter.." He said carefully, watching her and then looked back at his text book. "Peter Harrington." He turned a few more pages, before he wrote something down, not even paying much attention to her. "I saw you were reading Hogwarts, A History... not a usual source for light reading.. for a Gryffindor.." he said carefully, not making eye contact, just continuing his work on the paper he was working on.
Peter Harrington
Peter Harrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:27 am

Kiara looked up at him shocked and speechless as he took a seat across from her but she didn't say a word to him as she went back to reading. Kiara was confused at why he came all the way from his table to her table for when his table was completely cleared and no one was sitting there. As awkward silence filled the room the only thing you could hear was pages turning and the scratching of quills if you listened closely. Noticing he was working on equations Kiara knew that was some tough stuff but she kept to herself not bothering him for he wasn't bothering her. Turning a page in her book Kiara kept on reading like the boy wasn't even in front of her.

Kiara looked up from Hogwarts the History as he introude himself to her before he went to looking at his text book. "I'm Kiara, Kiara Lawerence."said Kiara softly as she turned the page of her book and kept on reading about the castle and the secret passages around the castle. "I'm not like other Gryffindors."said Kiara softly as she her eyes didn't leave the page. Which was true, Kiara wasn't like the other Gryffindors she loved reading while the others like partying or doing other things that wasn't her liking. Turning the page awkward silent filled the room once again.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Harrington Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:46 am

Peter couldn't help but smile at her response. Kiara.. a very pretty name... But he knew he shouldn't be thinking like that... she was reading.. it was just so... strange... Gryffindors didn't read large book for light reading, they strutted around, flirting, making jokes, and partying all night long. But this girl... brave... and smart? It didn't make sense.... he hadn't heard of someone being like that since Hermione Granger, and everyone knew the sorting hat only put her in that house because she needed to help Harry Potter. Who of course, had failed miserably, and had ultimately lead to their current regime.

"Obviously.." He said in response to her saying she wasn't a normal Gryffindor. His eyes fixed on her and he squinted slightly, staring at her. "you don't look different from them... You look... like a Gryffindor... and you know what I mean by that of course." He said, staring at her. His eyes slowly traveled to her book, and then back down to his equations. "What causes a normal looking girl like you to go to the great lengths as to read the literacy genius of Hogwarts, A History?" He asked, his eyes locking on her, and his face growing red from the extended speech he had given her. He didn't talk much, and already he was embarrassed.
Peter Harrington
Peter Harrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:05 am

Kiara looked at him and laughed at his comment which cause her to get a glare from the librarian telling her to be quiet. "Surprise to see a Gryffindor both smart and brave?"Kiara asked him giving him a soft warm smile. "Obviously my house has a repuation for many different things that aren't really my thing."said Kiara simply. "To be honest with you, I think I'm more a Ravenclaw then anything but apparently the sorting hat didn't think so."said Kiara shrugging.

When he asked what a girl like her go to the great lengths as to read the literacy genius of Hogwarts, A History she shrugged. "Well... it may seem shocking to you, but I love reading books like these there filled with so many interesting things!"said Kiara happily. "Plus I always wanted to read this book but I nevered gotten the chance to."said Kiara. As she looked at his equations she shook her head. "I don't see how you do those, I would get lost on doing those."said Kiara as she kept looking at his equations. "All I know is muggle equations like a square plus b square equals c square."said Kiara chuckling softly.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Harrington Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:12 am

Peter smirked at her comment about reputations. "Well.. as you can see... not many Gryffindors hang out in the library.. they are usually to busy up in their common room.. partying away... sometimes it gets so loud we can hear it over in the Ravenclaw tower... that is until someone puts a silencing charm on the Gryffindor tower and we all go back to studying." He said with a small smirk, before he looked down at his equations again, and crossed out a section before gently running his fingers across the feathers on his quill. She was a very.. happy person. He saw... she liked to smile, he said things.. loudly, and he could immediately tell that she was a Gryffindor at heart, even if she had Ravenclaw tendencies.

He glanced at his equations when she pointed them out, and he shrugged. "Easy enough... I'm attempting to figure out how to create a potion that can... essentially be taken as a one dose for a werewolf.." He said frowning at the page. "Basically, they need only to take it once... and the killer side inside of them will be wiped forever.. it's the basic principles of the Wolfsbane potion, except for a key difference, I don't feel the need to add wolfsbane, it's properties simply do not work well with what I wish this potion to do... it calms the mind, but it doesn't cure the soul.." He said tapping the page with his index finger. "Of course... These equations are me trying to figure out the right.. quantities that should go into the potion, and how long it should be kept on heat.. stuff like that.. it's just a project.. Something to do when I'm tired of studying.." He said glancing up at her, and then sighing. "That went right over your head didn't it?"
Peter Harrington
Peter Harrington

Back to top Go down

Post by Austin Lockwood Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:39 am

Kiara chuckled at his comment. "No they don't not unless they have homework they have to do, even when they have that they advoid it as much as possible."said Kiara. Kiara nodded and sighed. "I know, there's some nights I can't sleep because of the noise I literally have to put a silent charm around my bed so I can sleep."said Kiara shaking her head.

Kiara looked at him and nodded when he asked if that went over her head. "To be honest with you yes it did, so your basically trying to find a cure for werewolves that's better then Wolfsbane right?"Kiara asked him softly. "See you didn't go over my head completely just some."said Kiara smiling at him before she looked at the equations. "Hm... well if the main ingredients for the Wolfsbane Potion is Wolfsbane maybe you can try to do the equations on the Wolfsbane potion to find out it's principals by breaking down the ingredients."said Kiara. "I mean it's worth a shot if you haven't already done that."said Kiara shrugging. "But I don't know everything and I'm not a Ravenclaw like you."said Kiara.
Austin Lockwood
Austin Lockwood
Third Year Slytherin
Third Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Harrington Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:45 am

Peter smirked at her comment about the noise, and shook his head. "How they get away with it I'm not sure... I swear they do it just to annoy us over in Ravenclaw.." he said shaking his head. "Good thing we're good at spells eh?" He said with a chuckle before he listened to her talking about the potion. "Hmm... well yeah, that does seem obvious.. I did that in fourth year.... "He said staring at the page. "I gave it a break fifth year though... to much homework to get through.." He smiled at the equations. "I have notebooks full... you know.. muggle notebooks.. they work a lot better then parchment, and I use a lot less ink if I use a muggle pen.." He said shaking his head and looking at his quill. "Anyway.. I have notebooks full of the different properties for each of the ingredients in the wolfsbane potion.. unfortunately... I have made little progress... there was a boy.. in my house.." Peter wandered off with his thought as he suddenly started to scribble stuff down.

After a moment of silence, he jarred himself back into reality and realized he was talking to a girl. His face went red. "Sorry... I saw a mistake.." he said shaking his head and looking at her. "Anyway.. there was this boy.. he was more interested in wands I think.. but he was pretty unique.. locked himself in empty common rooms... studied night and day.. I swear he didn't even go to class, he just got credit for them..." Peter shook his head. "I'm not a genius like that kid was.. but he was working on wands.. I'm working on potions.. and... other things." He said shrugging his shoulders. "It's not much.. but if I get it right.. well... maybe we can work towards a better world." He said, shrugging again as he set his quill down and stretched, his shoulders were cramping up and he hated the feeling, he had been hunched over to long, trying not to look to tall, and it made his shoulders and back sore.
Peter Harrington
Peter Harrington

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top