The Art of Subconscious Illusion
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Art of Subconscious Illusion  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Art of Subconscious Illusion  Empty The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Post by Aaron Marcheti Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:17 am

His plan was coming to fruition much more quickly than he had anticipated. He did not think he would be as far along as he was already and yet here he was. He underestimated how weak the Death Eaters actually were, and now that he was in good, he needed to attack the other dark wizard standing in his way: Grindlewald.

He had contemplated it much lately, and after a little research and questioning around the community, he thought he had found the perfect candidate. He was pardoned personally by Grindlewald himself and most considered him to be absolutely insane. He was the perfect person for what he was looking for. You give someone a little false control and play their cards, anyone was corruptable. Especially those who were known for their corruption.

This was the most dangerous thing he had done so far though, Felix Barker was not known for his stability. Aaron felt like he would be safe, especially with Zara by his side who would jump to battle for him at the mere snap of his finger, and he felt like he had something Felix would need. He glanced to his side at Zara, she had proved to be useful so far. He usually did not enjoy having people tag along beside of him, but she did as he was told and never argued with him. That was what he loved about her, there was nothing she would not do. Pathetic.

He knew the owl had been received, and he knew Felix would come. The beauty in everything he had done so far was he was still under the radar. He was not like most wizards who tried their very best to be noticed, no, he was the opposite. If anything he wanted to not be noticed, he still had many plans to put forth. What he was trying to do, the ruse he was trying to create, would take a lot of work. Gaining trust, corrupting people, making infighting happen, it was not an easy job.

"When he arrives do not say or do anything." He did not look at her, but she knew he was talking to her. The alley was cold but he ignored it. He had found the abandoned building behind him a few days earlier and he had monitored it closely. The only person who had gone in or out of the building was some homeless wizard, and he had not been seen since. He cracked his fingers and looked down the alley way as someone began to approach him. A grin slid across his face and he whispered to Zara.

"And so it begins...."
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 644
Special Abilities : Leglimency, Occlumency

Back to top Go down

The Art of Subconscious Illusion  Empty Re: The Art of Subconscious Illusion

Post by Felix Barker Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:29 am

A man had requested his presence and he came. There was no doubt that Felix Barker was told to be insane by many people. The stories they came up with, they cracked him up, on the outside, Felix Barker was like any other man, a bit pale, and his eyes were hollowed after some stints in Azkaban, but he was a fine looking man, very handsome, and charming looking, and nothing like the deranged madman people made him out to be. Of course Felix knew the man requesting his company, and it did surprise him. Aaron Marcheti of everyone Felix knew, he didn't suspect the quiet Slytherin who everyone picked out to be one of those kinds that wouldn't take charge in the world, but Felix knew from experience, it was the quiet ones who went insane.

Felix strode down the alley and saw two people standing there. One he recognized quite well, Zara Ellis, wand at the ready, standing just in front of Aaron as though protecting him. Felix had no reason to attack yet, and wouldn't, not until he heard the man out. As he approached, Felix extended a hand to Aaron first. "Aaron Marcheti.. what a pleasant surprise." he said smiling comfortingly at him. "And Zara Ellis, I do believe we've met before." he said and kissed her hand gently, before he turned his eyes to the man of the hour.

"I must say I was surprised when I was summoned here." He said and carefully pulled off his gloves, revealing his Dark Mark that was still burned into his skin. It wasn't exactly the most comfortable thing, especially when it burned and he knew there was a meeting, but he didn't do anything about it. With the factions split, and Grindelwald cutting off the Death Eaters from their supplies, well.. it was only a matter of time before the old tattoo stopped burning all together. Btu this man.. Felix didn't know for him for his Death Eater involvement, only Zara, who was looking extremely tense and flustered at his site, but he knew to stay back from her. She was a dangerous one in disguise. "What have you called me here for Aaron?" He asked softly, looking curiously at the man.

---

Zara:

Zara knew that Aaron had a good idea laid out, and she was at the point where she would do anything for this man. He kept her.. he kept her by his side, and she loved him for it. Who said Bad guys couldn't love? Zara sure could, and she loved this man beside her, and if anyone were to ask her, she'd tell them he loved her back. She knew he did, you couldn't fake something like that. But Zara was nervous, she also knew that Aaron had plans to go big, get past the big guys, and become his own thing, and there was one person who could help them in that... Felix Barker.. and Zara didn't like him. His easy good looks, his smile, his personality, it all masked to completely the killer inside.

Sure Zara was a killer too, and sure she had killed many more times then Barker had, but she pleasured herself in other way then Barker did, and it unnerved her to think that he sat and inflicted pain upon people, just to get himself off. She at least did something SEXUAL to do it. Her gaze turned to look at Aaron when he spoke to her, and then back down the road when she saw the figure. He had come.. and when he kissed her hand, she nearly took a step back, but kept her stance, her wand held at the ready in case anything bad happened during the conversation. Aaron was hers, and no one could stop that from happening. She would do anything for him, and she meant that.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 659

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:49 am

Aaron could do nothing but smirk as Felix spoke to him. He was a lot less crazy than the stories had spoken of, but he knew not to let his guard down. He was a lot more willing to start the meeting than Aaron had anticipated. He laughed on the inside, it was all too easy. Every bump he thought he would experience along the way turned out to be nothing more than an oasis. If Aaron was careful with his words, and played along with Felix, he would come out with another ally. One Aaron desperately craved, like a Quidditch coach after a star seeker.

"Surprises are but one of my many talents." He smirked and he shook the mans hand, intentionally letting him get the stronger grip. It was all about remaining in control while making the man across from him feel like he was in control. "Zara.... drop your wand." He let go of the handshake and did not look at Zara. "He means us no harm" He smirked and then he motioned to the door behind him. "Come, we have much to discuss."

He allowed Felix to go first, but he stayed behind for a moment to talk to Zara. "Stay out here, make sure no one comes in." He nodded his head but knew he would have to calm down her nerves, she was always worrying about him like he could not defend himself. "I will be more than OK, we are talking business." He smiled and then he walked into the building and then shut he door behind him.

In the room was nothing but a table and two chairs that Aaron had put there earlier that day. He did not expect them to be used, but they were there none the less. "Felix Barker.... acquitted of all charges against him and released from Azkaban." He smirked and he pulled the Daily Prophet from that day and he sat it down on the table in front of him. "Either you were, in fact, innocent or you owe someone a huge favor."

He let he words sink in and then he took a seat, motioning for Felix to do the same. He did not wait for him to sit, but continued on. "Tell me, do you owe him anything for letting you go? I mean, if I was released from Azkaban I feel like I would owe someone a big favor. But you and I, we aren't the type of people to do favors, are we?" He smirked and let the words yet again sink in. "No, you strike me as the type of person who wants to do things his way, am I right?"

"So, for a person who likes doing things his way, I find it terribly hard to believe that you must, for lack of a better term, censor yourself. Wouldn't you agree?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:05 am

Felix couldn't help it, he was intrigued by this man's offer. They were speaking business, going into an abandoned building, one that was all to similar to the one he had kept his prisoners in before he was found out the first time. Of course, he knew that Aaron was expecting a crazed man who was obviously a mad man. A mad man who obviously was now supposed to be teaching a school, but Felix made sure he was presentable, and nodded at Zara when he was allowed into the building and she was left outside. When Aaron came in shortly after he entered, Felix went to the chair and sat down, listening to him speak.

Felix nodded to the man and stared at him. "I do understand that I may seem like an odd person to you Aaron. I mean.. surely you expected me to come in here tearing my hair out with a crazy look in my eyes." he said smiling at him and leaning towards him. "I am not an innocent man Aaron, I have done horrible things in my past.. what I don't understand, is what you are offering me..." Felix's eyebrows rose and he stared at the man across from him, looking intrigued, and interested all the while.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:48 am

Aaron crossed his legs and made himself a little bit more comfortable as Felix began to talk. He was right, Aaron did not expect such a.... sane individual. But that was good because now Aaron could work him into his plans much more fluidly and with much more ease. Having Felix on his side would be beneficial in many ways, mostly for show. If other people knew that Felix was loyal to Aaron then they would instantly trust him a bit more. But it was a double edged sword because some people loathed Felix and would never want to be on his side. That was where his ability to lie came into play.

"I am not interested in the things you did in your past. What you did has already been done." He put his hand up to his chin and rested his elbow on the table, staring across at Felix. "You ask what I am offering you? It is simple. Freedom. The ability to not only be on the winning team but to be able to do whatever you please." Aaron stood up very quickly and he paced back and forth in front of the table, not looking at Felix.

"The Death Eaters and the Order will be uniting under one banner very soon." He laughed at the idea of two sworn enemies teaming up. It would be a disaster, and Aaron could not wait. "If all goes according to plan then they will overthrow Grindlewald." He stopped for a moment, looking at Felix this time. "You are also a target for both groups and if they take down Grindlewald, well you will be dead right along with him."

"You are a man who is about survival, I am a man who knows how to survive. So, naturally, we would be in business together. The only thing I ask is that you be loyal to me. You answer to no one but yourself and you do whatever you please." He smirked and turned to face Felix again. "Sounds easy enough, right?"
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:08 am

Felix watched with interest as Aaron paced in front of him, telling him what he would get from this... union. He looked rather startled at the news that the Order and the Death Eaters were uniting. "You have got to be kidding me.." he muttered and leaned back in his chair, genuinely concerned now, and not afraid to show it. "I will be killed if they win.." He said carefully. "It was very kind of you for speaking to me.. I'm not sure what I can do for you.. besides trust that you have a plan.." he said carefully, his eyes pinned on Aaron as he turned to look at him.

"Loyal... and get to do my own things... what's the catch?" He asked carefully, watching the man, and then glancing at the door. "Surely you and your.. girlfriend aren't expecting me to cooperate that easily, I wish to know that there won't be a... turn of the hand, once you get into power.." He said softly, his eyes glued on Aaron, and that tiny glint of insanity came forward in his eyes, just a tiny bit, but enough to make it obvious that the man wasn't quite right in the head. "I do not wish to die any time soon.... if you understand me.. I have a fiancee waiting for me... and a life to lead... all I ask is to be left alone.. so what will you do to prove to me that you won't turn on me at the last second? I can prove to you what you want of course... but first..." He held up his hand and turned it so the palm was facing up. "I'm curious.."
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:45 am

This was the part that Aaron knew was inevitably to come. To ask for loyalty at a time like this, especially from Aaron who had accomplished little to nothing in the eyes of most the wizarding world, was a very long stretch. Aaron knew that his name meant little, and he knew even more that the things he was promising and asking were coming from the complete opposite of what everyone was being led to believe.

It was a funny thing, loyalties, they were tested through and through. Aaron knew that trusting anyone was completely foolish. He could not trust anyone, not even Zara, and she would gladly give her life for him. It was almost saddening how easily manipulated people were. Here he was, in all his glory, one of the most sought after individuals that Aaron could find. And he was actually contemplating siding with Aaron.

He grinned when he was asked what he would do to prove his loyalty. "I need you to prove nothing." He waved his hand and he walked over to the door casually. "If you are going to betray me, there is nothing I can do about it and we both know that." He stopped before he opened the door and he turned his head to Felix. "I just hope your word is worth more than most peoples."

He grabbed the door and he stuck his head out and motioned for Zara to follow him. He walked back to the center of the room and he stopped Zara. "Wand Zara." He said, sticking his hand out and waiting for her to place it there. "This is my most trusted companion. My number two if you will. She goes with me pretty much everywhere and she is under my protection." Once her wand was in his hand he pocketed it and he stepped to the side.

"To prove just how valuable your loyalty is, I am offering her to you. Do what you want. Torture her, maim her, kill her..... it is up to you." He did not glance at Zara as he said these things, instead his face was emotionless. He knew she would be hurt, he would explain it all to her later, but now this was what needed to be done. "She is yours as long as you pledge your loyalty to me and I will pledge mine back."
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:00 am

Felix tilted his head to the side as Aaron went to the door, and came back with his little pet, who looked confused but handed over her wand willingly to him. It was obvious her infatuation was strong for the man, and he held her in little regard, especially after Felix heard the next words out of his mouth. "Now... I don't see the need to kill the creature." He said and stood up, moving to walk around Zara. She was stiff, and Felix's eyes went to Aaron, watching him for a moment, before he reached out, and gently put his hand on the back of her neck. Zara went stiff, and he could see tears in her eyes. "Shhh..." He whispered, placing his lips near her ear, ignoring Aaron for a moment. "I'll be sure to patch you up nicely.." He said softly, and then he traced her jaw with his finger. "And I won't hurt that pretty little face of yours." He let go of her quickly and turned around to look at Aaron. "I request you watch me.. but it's a deal.." he said and stuck his hand out for Aaron to shake.

"You have my loyalty... I won't kill her.. but I will have some fun with her.. and I may... just to make sure things are still... under control.. ask you to help me at some point.. "He said and looked back at the girl. She hadn't turned to look at them, stood in the center of the room, staring at the door, her hands in fists at her sides small tears in her eyes. Felix smirked. "She is well trained..." He commented, moving around her again, and putting his hands on her waist, turning her to the side, slightly, watching as she moved easily within his grasp, but not without some tension. "Strong... she won't break for me will she?" He asked, moving closer to her, and staring into Zara's eyes, which were focused in a dead pan stare at him.

"Mm.. she won't... She loves you.." He said to Aaron again, acting as though Zara wasn't even in the room with them. Like she was nothing more then a doll he was contemplating. She looked hurt though, and he was glad to see it, it would make it even harder on her when he got Aaron to torture her as well. It was all part of the plan. "I hope you don't mind.. but I will summon some of my.... tools here to use for this.. I wasn't expecting anything this grand on the first meeting." He said, letting go of Zara, and walking around her, his hand gently tracing her spine from behind, before he lifted a lock of her hair to his nose. "Mmm.. yes... I think this will do nicely.. it's nice to see a woman again.. you get tired of children after a while.." He said with a smirk as he turned to look at Aaron, before he lifted his wand, and in the corner of the room, chains appeared on the wall, an operating table was pushed up against them, and a table with a multitude of torture items, things as common as knives, to as extensive as toe breakers, gags, and other tools often thought only to be used in other practices. "I will request you join me.. and in fact, I will let you pick her first punishment." He said with a smirk, before he turned to get things ready at his table.

---

Zara was hurt, shocked, betrayed, but she let Felix look her over like a pig for slaughter. He touched her, stared at her, and spoke about her as if she wasn't there, but her mind was in one place. Aaron.. he had offered her over to him like she was nothing, and she was hurt, and angry, and betrayed, but she didn't let herself show it. Barker was a valuable asset to what Aaron wanted to do, and he had called her his number two, that was something wasn't it? She would just have to speak to him later. When Barker's back turned on them both, Zara couldn't help but throw a pleading glance at Aaron, though she knew he wouldn't take it, Barker was valuable, she knew this, he had told her this enough.. so the fact was, she needed to do what Barker wanted... and let them both break her body into pieces, only to stitch it back together.. at least he was keeping her face clear of marks... unlike that girl Chastity, who's face had been completely slashed when he was done with her.

Zara turned and face Aaron, her shoulders squared, mentally preparing herself for this, it would hurt.. a lot, and she knew that Aaron wouldn't back down, he wouldn't take it easy on her.. at all.. no.. he would hurt her, as much as Barker did, if not more... to prove that they were valuable assets to have. And she waited, waited for Aaron's first choice on what to do with her.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Aaron Marcheti Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:12 am

Aaron watched, half disgusted and half amazed, as Felix walked around his prey. This was why he wanted him, this was the exact reason, and that was intimidation. Who wanted to be left alone in a room with Felix Barker? No one, at least not that Aaron could think of. He honestly felt a bit of relief when he knew he had Barker on his side, he did not want to be on the ass end of a torture session with him.

When he was done with everything, Felix asked Aaron to pick the punishment. He let out a sigh and he then pulled his robe off very casually. He folded it up and tossed it on the table and did not speak as he rolled his sleeves up. Once they were up, his fist balled up and he sent a punch directly to the eye of Zara. A pain shot up his knuckles, hitting her bone was not the smartest way to start things off, but he wanted it to hurt.

He shook his hand roughly and he glanced in the direction of Felix. "I don't care about her face." This was all he said before he went in again, this time not letting up. He sent punches to her face repeatedly, feeling his knuckles crack open and begin to swell. He would not relent, she was there to prove a point, and if this did not prove to Felix anything he was not sure what would. After his knuckles could not take anymore, he stopped hitting her. He realized he was not standing over the top of her body, blood covering his knuckles.

He turned to Felix and he stalked over to him with an aggression like neither of them had seen. He stopped in front of him and he lifted his hands up so that he could see his knuckles. "I have no interest in this. You do to her whatever you like, but she is there for you." He put his hands down to his side but he kept his glare focused on Felix. "Get to work then." He said as he started to roll his sleeves down.

He went over the scenario in his head, wondering how mad he looked. He did it with such ruthless aggression that there was no way Felix would doubt him any longer. He looked down at Zara, beaten and betrayed. He shook his head and then he plopped down in a chair, letting the adrenaline surge through his body.
Aaron Marcheti
Aaron Marcheti
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Felix Barker Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:26 am

Felix turned at the sound of the first hit, and he stared in amazement as he went at her, watching as she dropped to the floor, holding her eye, before the punches came more and more frequently, as he bloodied a lip there, bruised an eye there, cut her cheek open, and basically beat the shit out of her. But Felix didn't intervene until Aaron came forward and showed him his knuckles, which were bleeding and bruised. "I see you are not used to the subtle art of torture.. there are much better ways to torture someone then to hurt yourself.. watch... I will show you.. and then maybe you can use it in your own way.. of course I expect to be given credit."

Zara was on the ground, holding her lip, half propped up on her elbow, tears leaking down her bloody face, it was obvious that she had been betrayed, beaten and abused by Aaron, and now... Felix was about to turn her world upside down. Felix bent down in front of her, and gently stroked her hair, She winced and drew back, her eyes focusing on Felix for a long moment. "You know.. he's doing this for your own good." Felix whispered, still crouched in front of her, smiling lightly as he ran his finger over the crown of her head, and then back to her forehead, gently rubbing one of the wounds so that she winced.

"You see.. I know about all of your dirty little deeds.. don't ask me how I know.. lets just say you've killed quite a few of my friends." He said quietly, but his voice carried around the entire room easily. Zara let out a choked sob, and Felix gently pressed his finger against her bruised and swollen lips. "Shhh.. no crying now okay? You are here to make Aaron look good.. aren't you?" He whispered, moving so that he was sitting next to her, his hand still gently stroking her hair. "Then prove it." His fist suddenly clenched on her hair and she let out a gasp, before he pulled her to her feet, and pushed her onto the operation table, locking her in place, before he turned around to look at Aaron.

"I don't normally have an audience.." He said lightly, rolling up his sleeves as he did, "I see you are still worked up...." Felix said lightly, watching Aaron's face with a grin, before he pulled out his wand again, and very quickly pointed it at the girl prone on the table. "Crucio.." He said it so carelessly, but her screams filled the room, as she struggled against the bonds that held her in, but Felix wasn't looking at her, his eyes were focused on Aaron, watching his reactions, judging his responses.
Felix Barker
Felix Barker
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top