Both Sides of the Law
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Both Sides of the Law Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Both Sides of the Law

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Both Sides of the Law Empty Both Sides of the Law

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:10 am

The shop had been closed for a long time. And Robert felt like he didnt belong in England anymore. Yet, there was a responsibility to the country he had always called home.

He had ported from the safehouse into Thaor's shop and found it coated in dust. He got out a bottle of firewhiskey, not bothering to open the shades to allow any sign of life to be seen from the outsie of the shop. He found a pair of glasses and blew the dust off them.

He knew Thaor would be coming. He poured a couple of generous shots of the top notch stock Thaor always kept. He browsed the wands still left in stock in the shop. One thing about it, Thaor's work was always the best. He favored the wand that Thaor had made for him, and at the moment, it lay securely in his jacket pocket. He took a sip of the firewhiskey, feeling the comforting warm burn all the way down, the only sound in the shop being the annoying ticking of a large clock on the wall.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Both Sides of the Law Empty Re: Both Sides of the Law

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 am

Thaor apparated to just inside his shop. He hadn't been here in months, maybe even almost a year. The shop was covered in dust. It killed him a little on the inside to no longer work here everyday. To no longer make wands, but it was what he had to do to stay alive. Finally his eyes came to a stop on Robert. It's been a while. Thaor said, his voice raspy from non-use. His appearance was similar to that of Felix Barker when he came into this very shop before he was sent to Azkaban. Ragid, bruised, cut, the only difference was Thaor's hair was very grey.

Thaor took a seat next to Robert and took a sip of the firewhisky. How is Khaat and the babies? he asked, taking another sip.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:30 am

"They're beautiful," Robert smiled. "I honestly thought it was twins. And now its triplets. That gives her five in diapers all at the same time. And look at you. You look like hell. You either used to be better at living on the edge, or you've been through some sort of adventure. Care to share? You first. Then I'll catch you up." Thaor looked like he needed a healing spell or three or four. But Robert knew that really wasn't Thaor's style. Not unless he asked for it. Still, he figured a hot bath, a hot meal, and a real bed might do him a bit of good. Robert could provide that for Thaor, in a setting where he wouldn't have to look over his shoulder for awhile--if Thaor was interested. But the men had been drawn apart for months now, and before they determined their next moves, they needed to be sure they were on the same page.

"You do realize that at this point, we're both most likely wanted by both sides of the law, right?" he asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:29 am

I'm glad to hear that! We'll need to celebrate sometime. Thaor said in response to the news of Khaat's children. I've been on the run, while I am still technically Deputy Minister of Magic, it appears some of Grindlewalds goons are after me. I know you're about to offer me to come to your safe house. but Times are changing Rob. It's no longer time to hide. Not for me anyways. I'm going to give that ass everything he deserves. And get him the hell out of your office. Thaor said before throwing back the rest of the firewhisky in his glass.

Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:38 am

"Well, you know that's what I want too, but there are a lot of obstacles in the way. One of the biggest obstacles happens to be James Roland. He's an ass. He's managed to absolutely brainwash almost all the witches and wizards in our world into believing that Gellert Grindlewald is their messiah. If we strike now, all we do is commit suicide for naught. Until he becomes enough of a terrorist that they start to see the light, there just simply aren't enough of us in numbers to even begin to mount a decent fight. Personally, I plan to jail Roland for awhile or longer once we get things back in order. He's lost his bloody mind. He got power hungry because he didnt have the ministry for himself and somehow got all twisted up into thinking that Grindlewald could present him something or another that would be worthwhile to him. He has been the mastermind behind all the mindbending. Until we either get rid of him or we let most of the public come to their senses, we may be moving prematurely.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:29 am

Thaor listened to Robert speak. He made many valid points. James was making their cause rather hard.
What I'm about to propose, I want you to take very seriously. The Death Eaters are wanting to join forces with the Order, to get Grindlewald out. both sides want him gone. Lets work together to get it taken care of. Thaor said, standing and walking to the windows, looking out into the alley.

You and I however, disagree on one issue. I'm tired of sitting idly bye as Grindlewald gains strenghth every day. I refuse to sit bye anymore, I am going to take action, he will no longer walk all over us. I still hold the position of Deputy Minister of Magic. I will do everything in my power to get him out. No more waiting, no more running. I will bring the battle to him. If I die in the process, so be it. I'm at that point Robert, the point where I no longer care what happens to me. But I will make progress before I go. I will make progress for the freedom of the wizarding world. Grindlewald must be stopped, and I will take action as soon as possible. Thaor said, still staring into the alley.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:13 am

"That is not the first time I have heard that proposal," Robert said. "It certainly is worth consideration. As i said then, I don't care if they find a way to resurrect a whole army of zombies so long as they're allies that won't turn on us with killing curses while we're allegedly working together. If we can find a way to make some sort of truce where we can agree to live and let live, then its fine by me. Just for the record, I don't like sittin by in a safehouse plotting and planning, and just generally waiting, until the timing is better. At this point, all I truly accomplish is protecting my family and doing my best to put things in place to help us get Grindlewald the hell out of office. It is a bit hard to do when Grindlewald has put Khaat and me on the top of England's wizarding most wanted list. If I can keep Khaat and my grandchildren in hiding, then I can bring some aurors with me to fight. You know Michael will help. And I have a few others who aren't supporters of Grindlewald that I can bring with me." He was thinking of Brian Quinn and Angus Donohue, first and foremost. His own wife could hold her own in a duel if it came to it. He didn't like putting her out there, but Kate wasnt' about to stand by and do nothing right now. Truth be told, he sincerely doubted Khaat would ever walk away from a duel either.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top