Long Time no Back and Forth
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Long Time no Back and Forth Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Long Time no Back and Forth

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Long Time no Back and Forth Empty Long Time no Back and Forth

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:49 am

Matt entered the Leaky Cauldron, it was storming and he was soaked. He had apparated right to the door and still managed to get soaked. He pulled out his wand and began drying himself with a simple charm. He ordered a brandy, and he had it by the time he had his whole upper body dry. He thanked the bartender and found a table to himself, he began to dry his legs and looked around. It was pretty busy, keeping an eye for anyone suspicious.

He hoped someone would find him, he didn't mind being alone but eh. He hadn't seen anyone in such a long time it wasn't funny. Lessons with Robert and Michael started tomorrow so he had that to think about. He started to drink his brandy, smacking his lips when he had done. Already half done, it was sooo warming!

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Long Time no Back and Forth Empty Re: Long Time no Back and Forth

Post by Hugo Weasley Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:26 pm

The storm clouds had been rolling in since midday and Jen had watched from the relative comfort of her office deep inside the Ministry of Magic as the heavens opened and the rain began to fall. She didn’t exactly want to go home tonight. No, the house was cold and lonely with only Prim to keep her company. Instead of looking after her adoptive-daughter’s child though, Jen decided to go to the pub. Eventually she’d go home but until then, she was sure Eli’s models that had taken to actually living with Jen, had a good enough attention span to look after the child. Worryingly, Jen hadn’t seen Jamie in a while and though she brushed that worry off, it was still there underneath the surface of her cold exterior. Her frustrations were, as always, taken out on the secretary. She had had quite enough of the brat and had been a stone’s throw away from firing her before one of the Aurors had told her to go home.

Jen wasn’t about to complain. Finally someone was being sensible. Dejectedly though, she made her way towards the Leaky Cauldron, only stopping in a convenience store to buy a packet of cigarettes. She jumped up the steps to the pub and opened the door, thankfully for the warm rush of air that hit her. Jen closed the door behind her and crossed the room, taking a seat on the barstool and flagging down one of the bartenders working their shift. “Firewhisky please love. Leave the bottle.” He nodded and disappeared into the store room, leaving Jen to her thoughts as they ran through her mind to the tap of her shoes against the barstool.
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:34 pm

Matt was sitting back in his chair, his arms crossed and looking around. Listening, focusing on what other people were saying. A couple of people were talking about the Quidditch Match the night previous and the upcoming one. He made a mental note to try and get tickets to some games. Then there was a couple talking dirty, he shuddered. It was so horrible, but to his surprise he noticed Jen at the bar. He took his now empty glass of brandy and walked up to the bar. He took a seat next to Jen, she hand't noticed him. But she was probably thinking something along the lines of "Oh great, some loser's gonna try and make a move on me.". But she didn't look like she was in the best mood. Matt didn't care, "Another Brandy please." he said the bartender as he came back with Jen's drink.

"Long time no see." he said to Jen.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Weasley Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:35 pm

Jen poured a hearty amount into her glass and corked the Firewhisky bottle again before picking up the glass and bringing it to her lips. Her ears pricked at the sound of a familiar voice and she looked over to see none other than Matt Lestrange sat there ordering another glass of Brandy. Jen sat back and observed him easily, rolling her lips together in thought before murmuring, “Indeed.” She tapped her nails against the glass and ran her fingers through her thick mane of ebony hair. “You’ve been gone a while haven’t you?” She questioned, looking at him with a slight bit of curiosity sparkling in her eyes. “Either that or our work schedules conflict,” Jen smirked. “How have you been, Matt?”

Jen ran her fingers around the rim of the glass and uncorked the Firewhisky again, topping it up ever so slightly. She gave a heavy sigh and corked it before pushing it away from her. “Remind me why I am at the Ministry again?” She smirked. “I think I might quit and work in a bookshop somewhere. Might be nicer.”
Hugo Weasley
Hugo Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 401
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Leglimency, Memory Manipulation, Non-Verbal Magic, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:28 am

Matt smiled at her, drinking half the glass already. "No, I've been gone. Gone a little too long for my liking really." he told her, his face turning from a smile into a frown. "I've missed way too much. Turns out a Longbottom got my job." he snickered and picked up the half empty glass eyeing. A lady sat down next to Matt, raising an eyebrow at her. "Beat it." he told her. "I'm taken." he told her. She got up, with a hurt look on her face and walked away. "Managed to get a new apartment, a better one." he told her. He was looking for a job, "Well if you're gonna look for a bookshop make sure you give me the name when you find it." he muttered.

He was job hunting, now he had to also support Zara. Who thankfully had withdrawn from her...line of work. "A book shop would certainly be quiet and peaceful." he said finishing his brandy. He motioned for another one and the bartender filled it up again. "What've you been up to?" he asked her, still completely sober.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top