The Breaking of the Unbreakable
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Breaking of the Unbreakable Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Breaking of the Unbreakable

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Breaking of the Unbreakable Empty The Breaking of the Unbreakable

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:30 am

Thaor apparated to just outside Khaat's office, a locket with an 'E' engraved on the outside, the inside, housed a picture of the Elldir family, prior to the family being murdered. To anyone but Thaor, this was just a family eirloom. Only he knew the power it held, a piece of his soul, trapped inside of this locket. The key to his new future, one without the Death Eaters.

Thaor walked up to Khaats office and knocked on the door, he had sent an owl telling her he was on his way, he had the horcrux, and to notify her father. Hopefully Robert was already here, make things go faster.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

The Breaking of the Unbreakable Empty Re: The Breaking of the Unbreakable

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:24 am

Jess appeared in the foyer of St. Mungos with a small pop, his wand at the ready in case of any danger. Despite its purpose being one of healing, Jess had already experienced enough time in St. Mungos to know that its true purpose was often actively worked against.

And of course being here to help a death eater break the most sacred of magical contracts didn't help things.

Regardless, there was no danger, and his nerves were put to rest as he listened to the catchy elevator tune. Something about a magic dragon. Khaat really did like her muggle music, an oddity for almost anyone in the magical world.

"Hello Khaat," he said as he stepped out of the elevator and into her office, he was glad that she'd updated the elevators here to be like the ones in the Ministry, taking you almost anywhere you wanted.

"Elldir," he added, nodding to the man and doing nothing else to acknowledge his presence.

"Lets get started," he said, clapping his hands together and looking around the room.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:27 pm

"Hello, Thaor," Khaat said. "Daddy's coming as soon as he can. I presume you'll have to go into hiding for awhile. Daddy's making those arrangements. He'll be here soon." She was about to say something else when Jess entered.

"Hello, Jess," Khaat said. She smiled with his desire to get right to business. "Just a second, Jess. We're waiting on my father. In the meantime, I think we should all go downstairs. Daddy has made a secure place where other people can't get into. You'll just have to trust me. Give me the horcrux."

She held out her hand for it. She had secured a room that was isolated in the most secure place in the hospital for this to happen. She and her father had secured muggle medical equipment but honestly, Khaat and Robert neither one believed they would really need it, if it were done correctly. And she knew her father did not plan on any screw ups when it came to his friend.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22572
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:00 pm

Thaor nodded towards Jess as he appeared. There will be no hiding out Khaat, they will not know I've betrayed them until there is a battle. I'll lead them to it, then I will turn on them. If I die in the process....Thats a risk I'm just going to have to take. Thaor said, handing her the locket that housed a part of his soul.

Anxiety set in, his mind was racing, what if this didn't work. Would Jess somehow stop this from happening? What if he hadn't made the horcrux properly?

Thaor shook his head, Lets head to that room then? he asked rhetorically.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:12 pm

She nodded, taking the locket. "This way," she said. She led the way from her office, stopping to tell her assistant Hannah in order to tell her to send her father to the 4th floor if she saw him, and said she did not want to be disturbed under any circumstances. She led them down to the very secure psychiatric wing. She opened the door and let them inside. She led them to the very back of the ward to a room that she and Robert had had magically secured, that no staff person could open. She used the spell her father had developed and opened the door. By the looks of it, it was nothing more than a plain hospital room. No adornments, no fancy embellisments. Just the necessary equipment.

She began to hear her father's footsteps on the tile floor in the hallway. She turned her head towards the door. He had gotten the message and he was on the way. She watched him enter. He was all business today.

"Close the door, Khaat," Robert ordered, "and secure it. No one else gets in. Once we start this, we're in it until we finish it."

She obeyed, shutting the door, and securing it with the same charm that had kept it secure this long.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 pm

Thaor took a seat on the bed in the room. Lets get this started then. He said, nodding to Khaat and Robert to make sure they were ready. About two months ago, Sandra Archer called me to the Manor, she was with Alan Wake, apparently Sandra was off on an adventure and stumbled upon a horcrux, which housed the soul of a wizard we all believed to be dead, murdered by Voldemort in the prison he himself had built. It was truly Gellert Grindlewald, he is back, and plans to faux-defeat the death eaters to gain the support of the wizarding world, then overthrow the ministry. He would start anti-Order propaganda, to make the public dislike the Order, and that would leave the Death Eaters to do what they want. I made an unbreakable vow to him that I would remain loyal to him, and pledge the loyalty of the Death Eaters. Thaor said, as he clutched his chest. He wasn't sure what it was going to feel like, painful, peaceful, not a clue. The only thing he felt was pressure building on his chest, yet it didn't feel like it was going to cave in. He knew he only had mere moments left. He layed himself down on the bed. That is obviously something I will not do, I can not stand by as he kills the only people I've got left. I can't stand by and let him attempt to take your life Robert, we've been through too much for tha... Thaor said, his voice horce. His eyes shut, and body went limp.

His life flashed before him. Memories he tried so hard to supress came before him. His father's trial. His seventh year at Hogwarts which he spent in solitude. His brief 'relationship' with Caelani. Everything flew by his eyes. A single tear fell down his cheek, and his heart stopped along with his breathing. He was dead.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:59 am

Robert saw Khaat move to revive him, and he stopped her. "Wait," he said to her quietly. "This has to be done right. If it isn't, if he does not truly die, he will not be released from the vow. Not in its entirety. We want this done right. Give me the horcrux." He held out his hand for it and she handed it over to him. He opened up a cabinet in the room and drew out a small cauldron and a burner and started to add ingredients to the cauldron, sitting the locket next to the cauldron. He added potions and ingredients carefully and quietly.

"Can you not hurry this up?" Khaat sighed, impatiently.

"Quiet," he told her, working steadily and calmly. "I refuse to be rushed. Fortunately, Thaor did not make such a messy job of it as those few others have done in the past. It will not be so messy to restore him." He had already gathered all of the necessary ingredients. He was glad Thaor had told him in advance how to activate the locket. Thaor had given him the spell. He cast the spell on the locket and dropped into the cauldron. The locket opened and released the horcrux into the brew in Robert's cauldron.

"We must immerse him in the potion itself," Robert said. "Khaat, you can help me now. We must not waste a drop." They chose rather than to perhaps drop him in some sort of massive cauldron, to pour the potion on him, from the top of his head to the soles of his feet. Carefully, painstakingly, but once started, it could not be stopped. They worked diligently and as quickly as they could.

When the cauldron was empty, Robert set it aside. He watched as Thaor's breathing began again. He and Khaat checked carefully. "He has a pulse again," Khaat said.

"Excellent," Robert said. "Then we have been successful. Let us see how he is when he wakes. It could be almost immediate or it could be awhile. It depends on him now."

"But what about all he said?" Khaat asked.

"I know every syllable he said," Robert said. "It was important enough for him to give his life for. Its not something I am liable to forget or dismiss."

"Do you trust him?"

"Besides the fact that I do trust him, someone, presumably Gellert Grindlewald, swore him to an unbreakable vow to keep that information secret. It was important enough for them to make Thaor swear to it on his life. Yes, I take it very seriously." Then he looked at Jess. "As I presume you do as well. This ought to be evidence enough for you, I should think."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:43 pm

Jess had followed them downstairs wordlessly and had decided, from an early moment, to play no part in Thaor's death or resurrection at all, simply being there to here the confession and respond in whatever way was most suitable.

And boy was it some confession.

Standing away to the side of the room Jess leaned against a wall, Khaat and Robert's movements running in a blur, as if he were watching a replay of actions he'd seen before.

Gellert Grindelwald was back.

He was back.

Oh god.

That explained the mark on the Prime Minister's desk, the stirrings of the once dormant Death Eaters, it all made sense, and it all meant a terrible, dreadful thing could be happening.

"Oh my god," he said after a slight pause. "Gellert Grindelwald... I... I need to think for a moment," he said, noticing that those two had relaxed now, Thaor must have lived... every coin had a downside.

"I believe him, I don't trust him. Those that enter into that sort of vow lightly, and can turn their backs on such a deep pact are not the sort of people I would trust, it just highlights his shallowness even more. However I can believe his information, and I can take him seriously," he said.

"What now?" He then asked, an idea forming in his mind.

((At this point in time, remember that Robert is still aligned with the Order, and thus Jess and Robert take their mutual friendship to be a given))
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:19 pm

"You're an odd man, Jess," Robert said. "I don't have any idea what it will take to convince you of much of anything. You have what you need to know for the Order and I presume you will act accordingly." As much as he liked Jess, he did find Jess's skepticism tiring. Robert's word was not good enough, Khaat's word had not been good enough. Thaor's information was not good enough. Nor was it good enough that Thaor had been willing to die to give Robert what he needed to know to protect the greater good.

Khaat ignored them both. She was irked with them both and was going to let them dicker politics. She didn't believe this was the time or the place. Her concern was Thaor. She continued to care for him. She set a drying spell in place to dry his clothes and his bedding so that when he woke he would at least be more comfortable. She did not know how he was going to feel and if he was going to be well enough to leave St. Mungos right away or if he would need to rest up for awhile first.

Gellert Grindlewald. All she knew about him was from history books. She presumed he might be fear inspiring, but right at the moment, she didn't have time to be afraid. And her father never displayed fear. Well, rarely, anyway. And the more serious it was, the less emotion he displayed. And if Thaor was the friend her father said he was, he would know that, surely, about her father. The more serious a situation was, the more stonefaced he became. She was not going to think about any dark wizard until she had the time to do so. He wasn't in the room right now, so she was devoting herself to Thaor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:24 am

Breathing, heat beating, It worked. Thaor thought to himself. He noticed he was still laying down, which meant they poured the potion onto him, instead of lifting him into the cauldron Couldn't lift me Robert? Thaor said with a laugh. Thaor opened his eyes, it was difficult to see at first, then his eyesight recovered. One by one he moved his fingers, regaining motor control. After he felt he had enough control of his body, he sat up. Jess, I'm not going to try to convince you to trust me. Just know, I did not take part in that vow lightly, I did it in fear of my life. Like I'm really able to say no with Grindlewald, Archer, and Wake in close quarters with me. Could have disapparated, if we weren't in Malfoy Manor. I agreed to the vow, then sought Roberts help right away. Thaor said, slowly standing up.

If this was just some huge scheme to kill Robert, or anyone else, there are way easier ways. Like the wands that Robert and Khaat posess. Both made by me, custom, for the two. I'm not asking you to swear me into the Order, but don't make me sit on the sidelines. You know I can help. The death eaters still have no clue that I've done this, neither will Grindlewald. I will take the role that Severus Snape did so many years ago. Except, the death eaters will not know of my involvement with the Order, oh, and I suppose I won't be going to any Order meetings, now will I? Everyone in this room knows there will be a battle, I will lead them in, then turn on them. Thaor finished, as he paced the room slowly, regaining complete control of his body.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top