Graduation plans
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Graduation plans Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Graduation plans

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Graduation plans Empty Graduation plans

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:55 am

I suppose this sorta ties into plottage. If you all think it should be somewhere else then say so and I'll move it, but it does relate to the battle.
We've had a few people asking about Graduation, and I can't give you any details, because I don't know exactly what will happen. That's the problem with working with 100 people with their own minds, as I've been told in the past, you can't tell them what to write.

I can however give you some approximate plans for the graduation and closure of Hogwarts for the term.

These aren't set in stone, they're just a few loose ideas flying about in my mind.

DEs win - The school may be locked down, and all students locked in. Classes would be left running but would be optional. Sorta like a summer class I suppose, but I think it'd be a decent change. 7th years would graduate immediately following the loosening of rules, or under a proper, widespread breakout of Hogwarts.

Order wins - Will hold a memorial and graduation ceremony 1 day (Immediately) after the battle and dismiss the school following this. 7th years will graduate at this point.

Both sides abandon the school - Can't see this happening, but there'll be a memorial and graduation service, followed by dismissal of the school. 7th years will graduate at this point.

Regardless I think that the battle is going to be delayed until the Americans and their school year sharing cohorts finish their finals, then we'll start again. Right now starting the battle soon would do more harm then good. I think that the natural escalation of the PA/DF thing should be able to give an indication of the progress of the return of members.

No end of year stuff, lets face it. You students are lazy and won't do them, and yes I really dislike most of you for it, it's a rather large grudge I will hold against you if you don't attend school. Favours disappear when that happens.

Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Graduation plans Empty Re: Graduation plans

Post by Nerissa Hatts Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:12 pm

Upon reading this (more specifically, the section about plans of a Death Eater victory and locking the students in Hogwarts), many light-bulbs appeared above my head - enough, in fact, to light a city. I simply could not refrain from sharing this information... =P
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Sun Jun 05, 2011 9:36 pm

I can't imagine Hogwarts having a graduation ceremony, anyway.

Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:18 pm

*Nods and speaks condescendingly* That's very nice Red. Thank you for sharing

And I know that Hogwarts didn't really do it, it's more of the end of yerm feast because I'd say they did farewell the students at their EOYs in Hogwarts.

Side note, J.K. Rowling was just mentioned on the news program I read

*Listens*

Nothing important.

But we should do something for the end of term, I think, and PA has done graduation things for the past two years.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Robbins Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:37 am

WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT IMPORTANT.

*moves to Tazzie*

Notice how she chose the part of Oz that looks the most like England?
Sara Robbins
Sara Robbins

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:01 am

Well not to the majority of people on this site it isn't, and It wont affect me here on the Eastern coast.

But tis still awesome. I doubt she'll actually move here though, just own a property and visit regularly.

Still, better than nothing, isn't it?
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top