Death Eater Meeting - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Death Eater Meeting - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Death Eater Meeting

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Death Eater Meeting - Page 2 Empty Re: Death Eater Meeting

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:58 am

Thaor watched with a blank expression as, one by one, everyone entered. Take a seat, we shall speak after tonights meeting. Thaor said as Caelani entered the Manor. Inside his wheels were turning, his mind was racing at a million miles an hour. Anger, disapointment, happiness, sadness, almost all at once, entered his brain. On the outside, he showed no emotion at Caelani's appearance. There would be a price to pay for deserting the death eaters, but it would not be publicly paid. She could be of use to them now.

Thaor noticed Henry nod, and recognized this as a motion to get things going. Here goes nothing Thaor thought to himself. Thaor stood, and as soon as the room was silent, he began to speak. As all of you have noticed, we are joined by someone, no doubt, none of you know. This is my new friend, Henry Windsor. Thaor said, motioning to Henry.

You may be asking yourself why he is here, and I believe Sandra can explain better than I can. So, Sandra, if you would? Thaor asked in a way that he knew Sandra would understand as meaning she didn't have a choice but to explain it. Not to mention, she would know how much Henry wanted to be shared at the present time. Thaor would no doubt tell too much of the plan.

Let it be known, that I trust Henry a great deal, you are all to show him respect. Thaor said as he took his seat.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:33 pm

Remy felt the grey-haired man’s eyes on her, the feel of his stare reinforcing the idea that he was powerful, but she did not fidget under his gaze. She knew that both of them would be aware that her power paled in comparison to his, but she would not squirm whenever he looked her way. No one ever got respect – or much of anything they wanted - that way. This man didn’t need any reminders that he was intimidating or powerful, so there was little purpose to acting overly subordinate.

It seemed Remy had arrived just in time, because there was little delay from the time she took her seat to the time the man of mystery inclined his head to Elldir, which served as the instruction for the meeting to begin. The room had been mostly silent before this, but when Elldir stood the idle sounds of shuffling feet, scraping chairs, and nervous fingers quieted, leaving the present head of the death eaters standing with most of the room’s attention on him (save for those whose eyes still lingered on his right hand man).

Elldir began his speech with a statement of the obvious, but it was useful in that it afforded Remy an excuse to let her gaze move smoothly over to the man that Elldir introduced as Henry Winsor. Naturally, a man that exuded that much power made Remy curious, even more so because she recognized neither his face nor his name. People with the type of power that Henry obviously had usually had a difficult time staying out of the public eye and off of Remy’s wish list. The fact that his name and face did not register anything with Remy meant that he had reasons for keeping his reputation to himself, and whatever those reasons, he had done a good job of it.

Without further explanation, Elldir stepped down and suggested that Sandra provide further introduction of their new guest. Before sitting, though, he reminded the room at large to show Henry respect. Remy suppressed the urge to roll her eyes at this, because the need to treat Henry with every respect seemed obvious to her. To others in the room, however… namely, Miss Higgins across the table, likely needed that type of reminder. The woman was attractive, which made her way of living easier – a woman playing the game can always recognize other players – but she was not at all subtle. Remy wouldn’t be at all surprised if Marla made a pass at Henry during the meeting. She, however, was going to play her hand a different way, and definitely wouldn’t be showing her cards until she knew more about who she was playing with.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 pm

Henry Windsor? Was he serious? The least the man could do was choose a halfway believable alias.

"No wonder this country has never succumbed to republicanism," Caelani observed in a carrying voice, "what with a wizard in the family, and all. Shouldn't you have red hair, though? And be an awful lot younger? And, no, I'm sorry, I just can't bring myself to believe you're Prince Harry."

Honestly, she was so disappointed with Thaor. Talk to her later? It practically sounded like he wanted to catch up! If this didn't get her cursed, probably nothing would.

((okay, that's it, I'm off. If Calli's overstepped herself, Thaor & Sandra have permission to godmod some sort of punishment.

Just because I'm away doesn't mean Calli isn't listening so please nobody else godmod her "not answering" or "ignoring the conversation" or anything like that. Thanks))
Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan Wake Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:31 pm

Alan Wake was busy. He had little to no intention of attending the meeting, particularly as his presence would do nothing but confused the Death Eaters. Alan Wake was a government man, a man who spent his time in politics and research, exploring how far, how vast the universe and his energies could flow. But he had a lot riding on the success of one Henry Windsor. A waste of a name truly. He would have no reason to hide behind such an absurd psuedonym in a matter of time, but what difference would it make?
Let the man do as he wishes. As long as he persists in this world, he serves his purpose.

However, Alan Wake knew that exposing his pet "project" to numerous situations would eventually result in a break-down of some sort. It was in his best interest to observe and note the actions and reactions of "Henry Windsor" in action. By the time Alan had arrived however, most of the attendees had already arrived, and Elldir had passed on the podium to Sandra Archer. Alan stood in the back, his bespectacled eyes leering over the crowd, searching for reactions, savoring the confusion Elldir's announcement was causing. Just as well.
Alan Wake
Alan Wake

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra Archer Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Sandra couldn't help cock an eyebrow as some of the Death Eaters entered the room. There were fewer faces then there had been during her time, though there was one or two who she didn't recognise. Regardless, she really didn't care to know them anyway, she didn't need to.

But when Caelani walked in, she couldn't help but stifle a grin, and take a swig of her brandy. Of course she held no hostile feelings towards the woman, well, no more than she had during her time in power, but she couldn't help but but find the tension created the moment she and Thaor were in a confined space escalate to a fever pitch.

But that wasn't what she was here for, while it was amusing to feel the waters in the Death Eater political circles, it was of little consequence to her, particularly now her own purpose of being here had been called upon.

Not caring for theatrics, she chose to remain seated, merely prolonging the moment by topping up her glass of brandy, before continuing Thaor's big moment. "Hello, everyone," he said, ignoring the loud provocative calls Caelani was letting loose, she'd let Henry deal with that as he saw fit. "As your dear leader here has insinuated, there is something behind Mr. Windsor here, something which doesn't quite meet the eye," she began, emphasising the distance between herself and the Death Eaters; she was not with them, merely visiting, and that was something she wished to make clear, at least for now. "As with all brilliant revelations, it begins with an accident, the stumbling upon something by chance which we've all heard of, or have experienced ourselves," she continued, deciding to try and set a bit of a mood. "As you all know, I left the Death Eaters last year to pursue some personal endeavours, among them was travel, and whence came my discovery. While touring Europe, scouring the great Magical ruins and locations, I stumbled upon, excuse the stereotype, an artifact, something which at once captured my interest, something which seemed to radiate power," she explained, wondering if the Death Eaters had begun to see where she was going, indeed she thought she saw a few looks of recognition behind the eyes of the more wily people in the room.

"However, as we all know, magical artifacts are things that should not be taken lightly, or trusted on merit, taking all the necessary precautions, I brought this artifact back to England, and sought the advice of Mr. Wake here," she said, gesturing to Alan, "and under close supervision, and after a few tests we had our theories confirmed," she said, letting this hang in the air for a few moments, seizing the pause to take a sip of the brandy. "Well, once we knew what we were dealing with, we decided to act, and the result is standing in front of you. The artifact, as you may have guessed, was our friend Mr. Windsor here," she told them all in a very matter of fact manner. "Though, as our colleague here pointed out," she said, pointing at Caelani, "Henry Windsor is in fact an alias. The man standing in front of you is... well, I think that he can handle this next part on his own," she finished, nodding to Henry.
Sandra Archer
Sandra Archer

Number of posts : 240
Special Abilities : Memory Manipulation and Apparition

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm

Henry felt power from this new woman, and it seemed a lot was conflicting. Boy oh boy, would there be problems if Thaor had more than one person who had that strength. Henry would have to prove himself to all of them, demonstrate that he was, in fact, the alpha here. He knew that would not be too difficult. Not once they knew who he was.

It was time.

He stood, inclining his head so his dark eyes could sweep over everyone, looking into the eyes of each person individually for a moment, making them all feel like one person who was important to what he wanted. He finally raised two hands and smiled slightly, a small charismatic smirk that implied amusement at the proceedings around him.

"I hate formalities."

He smiled again, a reassuring smile that still exuded a quite, dangerous power. "I was never much one for them. People call me Henry nowadays, but I went by a much more alliterative name before. As you have assumed, for those of you with backgrounds to guide you, the object they found was a Horcrux. This name and body are, indeed, not truth to who I am."

He smiled again. "I'm not here for a hostile takeover. I'm not here to replace Thaor. I have my own agenda that I know you will all want part in, because I can take you further than anyone else. Than all your other leaders, than Voldemort. I am not your new leader, but I'd like to team up with you. And before we start, I suppose I'd better properly introduce myself. My name is Gellert Grindelwald."
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Remy Devaul Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:21 am

Out of the corner of her eye, Remy saw another person enter the meeting room, but she didn’t bother to look long. It was Alan Wake, a complete waste of energy as far as Remy was concerned. Yes, the man was good with a wand, and that made him popular in some of the right circles. If he were better looking, she might even be tempted to give it a go, but the man was simply too smart for his own good – or to be any good to her. Remy preferred her men powerful and brainless – it was the best combination for manipulation.

And then there was Caelani. Remy actually found this woman to be wildly entertaining, though that was mostly because Caelani always ran her mouth in unfortunate situations, which got her into the kind of trouble her current little spiel was probably going to get her into. Remy couldn’t hold back a smirk when the blond woman referred to the man at the end of the table as Prince Harry. She had really outdone herself this time.

Surprisingly, none of the leaders in the room did anything to stop Caelani’s amusing rant, but instead carried on as planned. After an unnecessarily long silence, Sandra saw fit to continue Thoar’s original speech, though she stayed seated. Her speech started out with the same vague tone that Thoar had used, never really giving any direct answers, but eventually she got to the meat of the story. As Remy already knew – she was the eyes and ears of the Death Eaters, after all – Sandra had been travelling, and evidently in her travels she had come across something of use, something that Remy had to conclude had something to do with Mr. Windsor, or why would she be telling this story?

At this point in the story, Sandra made reference to Alan, who was still standing motionless at the back of the room. It seemed that Wake, who was always good for a showy display of magic, had somehow transformed the artifact Sandra described into the being that was standing at the end of the table – Henry Windsor, though Sandra indicated that, as Caelani had already pointed out, that name was an alias. Remy had never been the smartest student to attend Hogwarts – read: slept her way through every class by finding the smartest male individual in her year – and she hadn’t used most of what she [strikethrough]cheated[/strikethrough] learned since graduating, but she had a feeling this was headed toward horcruxes.

Then in yet another dramatic gesture, it was time for another change in speaker, but this time, Remy really paid full attention instead of merely indicating she was listening when she wasn’t. This Henry person had effectively created enough buzz to have an entire meeting called in his honor, and Remy couldn’t remember the last time both Thoar and Sandra bowed so willingly to the power of another person without having to be Imperiused first. She turned her green eyes slowly to Henry who stood and looked individually at each person in the room. When his eyes reached hers, Remy stared back intently, trying to read something she could use out of his reassuring stare, but his eyes were carefully guarded behind that soothing smile.

Henry’s introduction of himself was far more simplistic than the speeches of the leaders that went before him. He was a man of few words, but the words he chose were enough. He was succinct in his description and Remy followed his every word, hovering mentally on the thought of the power the man promised, and how certain she was that he could deliver on that promise based only on having been in the same room with him. The promise of success – it was about time someone got this Death Eater band on track before Remy was forced to find a better group – would have been enough on its own, but with his last few words, Remy’s interest reached its greatest peak. Her eyes were bright with excitement, a sly smile rising on the corners of her lips.

Gellert Grindewald. Gellert. Grindewald. The name was almost too good to be true. Remy had never met anyone with that surname, but it had been on her list ever since he had been discussed in history of magic. It had been one of the only classes Remy ever paid attention in, mostly because she had already learned at that age how important it was to be connected with the right people. It was how she always knew who to go home with from the bar. Surnames were a very good indicator of wealth if you knew the history of the family.

But Gellert Grindewald was not a name she had memorized for the purposes of using the family for money. His name had simply slipped into her memory via osmosis, in the same way that Voldemort or Dumbledore or Harry Potter did. They were so much a part of the history of the wizarding world that it was impossible not to know.

That was why he emanated such power. He was powerful. That was why he had caused such a stir among the Death Eaters. They now had a living, breathing weapon that the Order would never see coming.
Remy Devaul
Remy Devaul
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 535

Back to top Go down

Post by Caelani Bittel Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:58 pm

Oh dear Merlin, Sandra was exactly the sort of idiot who'd bring Gellert Grindelwald back to life, wasn't she?

Why were the Death Eaters so obsessed with horcruxes and their makers anyway? There was nothing useful about them. The very nature of making a horcrux (which Caelani wasn't completely sure about but knew it involved remorseless killing) meant that whoever was resurrected would never settle for taking orders.

Immediately, Caelani knew she did not want part in any "agenda". This agenda probably involved getting them all killed. Perhaps not deliberately, but he hadn't got as much to lose as everyone else here and of course, nobody had as much to lose as Calli did. She began to wish she'd stayed home after all.

Also, his hubris was really irritating.

Making fun had been amusing when she didn't know who he was, but now Caelani's smiles were all wiped away. It seemed nobody else was going to ask the obvious questions so she said what was no doubt on everyone's mind.

"What agenda is this?" she demanded.

Caelani Bittel
Caelani Bittel
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 469
Special Abilities : unforgivables

Back to top Go down

Post by Gellert Grindelwald Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Gellert couldn't help but be annoyed by the woman who seemed intent on continually interjecting, managing to do so rather rudely each time too. There was always someone like this in a group such as this one. The loud, outspoken character, who needed to know everything, be a part of everything, but most of all not care about anything, because they were above all that business. Yes, there was always one, Gellert had always found.

"My agenda," he said after a long wait which he filled with an empty look at Caelani. "My agenda is a simple one. Gain control the the British Ministry of Magic, and by extension the British Wizarding population. In doing so, I will give you people all you have ever wanted, a free reign. You'll have to exercise some caution of course, but if you help me achieve what I want, I wont stop you in what you want," he told them, knowing that if they doubted his resolve Thaor would set them straight.

"So, to do this, I plan to gain public approval, that's where you all come in." He told them, looking around the table to make sure that everyone knew he was serious, before standing up, and beginning to walk around the room. "I need you to be defeated by me," he said, letting that statement hang in the air a few seconds. "Of course you wont actually be defeated, all theatrics, but in order to gain public approval, I need to appear to be good, to have achieved more than the Ministry, or the Vigilante group my... my old acquaintance Albus founded. Using that popularity, I plan to take office in the Ministry, outlining more flaws in the current government before overthrowing them. Once I am there, and have a "Respectable image"You can all have free reign, and the Vigilantes, the biggest thorn in your side, I am to believe, will be outlawed. With the power I will hold.... the public will believe what we say about them," he finished, looking around to gauge the reactions of the people sitting before him.

It was a risky plan, he knew, and one that required a great deal of skill, patience, and a bottomless pit of political spin. Luck however was on his side, at any other time he might have returned to the Wizarding World and found a fully functioning government, but he hadn't, and he planned on using that to his advantage.

This was, in all reality, the first sign of weakness he was showing, or at least it would be interpreted to be that way. Gellert had supreme confidence, and he cared little for the doubts of the people sitting before him, while most would see this as being an opening, a chink in his personal subconscious armour, Gellert simply saw it as another link in the chain.
Gellert Grindelwald
Gellert Grindelwald

Number of posts : 71

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:54 am

Thaor watched the groups expressions with interest. Some were shocked, others in disbelief. He decided since the plan was out in the open, it was time to move on. Thaor stood once more, waiting for the snickering to quiet down. You all now know the plan, I have a couple jobs for a few of you. Marla, Remy, and Naomi; you three are to tail Jess Potter, I am told he eats breakfast every morning at Sparks, go there now, and set up camp, follow him, and note what times he goes where, we need to know his day to day plans. Thaor said addressing the three. You two Thaor said motioning to Marla and Remy, Make sure nothing happens to Naomi, she will be needed for future plans. He said dismissively, motioning them to the door.

Raynus, Hafiz, you two are to follow Khaat Lupin, you will find that she is currently at St. Mungos. Find out her day to day routine. And she will have bodyguards with her at all times, so don't do anything stupid. Or you'll see what the bodyguards do to you as a day at the beach compared to the wrath you'll face here. Thaor said, motioning them to the door.

Vincent, Sandra, Alan, Caelani, and obviously Henry, stay, and lets get down to business. Thaor said with a smile.

(OOC Please make a thread in the 'Around the UK" Forum and only one post for Khaat, one for Jess. Please pm the person whom you are supposed to be following for more information.)
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top