There Lies the Line - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

There Lies the Line - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

There Lies the Line

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

There Lies the Line - Page 2 Empty Re: There Lies the Line

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 am

Now if there was one thing that always made Andrew laugh, was the fact that whatever he did, Miseria would always find some way to place sarcasm in it. It was kind of fun actually, being able to taunt each other back and forth and stay friends. It really showed that people could call one another names and not have a knife to their throat. "I guess I am," he grinned, standing in a heroic like pose "I guess you can call me The Amazing Andrew, as I go and save people from potholes everywhere!" Now it was her turn to try and get a comeback. Almost like tennis really.

"I've gotten used to it," he replied honestly having lived in a muggle life and environment for almost 17 years. The only time he was ever away from all the Muggle tech was when he was in Hogwarts getting his degree(diploma even?) in magic. He still wondered why he did it, knowing very well that he was pretty wealthy from all of Danny's old savings and accounts. He parents still were pissed that Andrew was the main recipient. "Well you see," Andrew began "if I use magic on a car and it leaves a mark, how would I be able to explain that to any cops or something. I'm not exactly perfect at repairing things with magic yet."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3818
Special Abilities : Invisibility

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Andrew was cute when he gave his best to look more heroic. It was really nice to tell some jokes, and not hide her sarcastic sence of humor when someone who actually had the ability to understand them, was near.
That was probably one of the reasons why she was friends with Andrew. Both of them could go really sarcastic and yet, she'd rely on him and she'd help him if he'd ask.
“Sorry to ruin your day, sweetie, but to me, you're Andy. Just Andy, not The Amazing Andrew. Sorry. But... I bet that you'd look like a superhero in Superman's pajamas. I think they might sell those even in Our world.“

Cars and Muggle world.
For Mis, they were one of the most interesting thins now. They had everything that didn't include magic, and she was still under the impression of how the internet or the TV works. They didn't trap all those little humans inside there, she was sure of it. Maybe. Or... who knew. Maybe there were little pixies?
She tryed to hide her smile which came across her lips when she thought about those little creatures trapped in this box. She shook the idea off of her head, and looked back at Andrew when she realized that she had been staring at the lake for all the time while she was thinking. “Alohomora doesn't break things,“ she replied, raising her eyebrows. “It unlocks. However, the spell that fixes things is Reparo, if you didn't know.“

Actually, she never knew what those 'Cops' did. Yes, she knew that fact that they were the Police, and that they arrested bad muggle people, but how? What things did they use while chasing them? She has seen some movies with them, but all that she understood was that they were riding some things. There were even those things called motorcycles, and they also had Gun. But that was all that she knew about the policemen. “But what if you don't explain to them anything, what will happen?“ she finally asked.
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Andrew smiled widely as Miseria gave him her explanation. So he figured that the superhero buisness wouldn't skyrocket, but hey, it was better than being some diaper changer or something. But still, he wondered if Miseria had been trying to be funny or actually try to be serious when she said the pajama part. Either way, it would've been pretty humorus in Andrew's eyes so he wouldn't care if he was being made fun of. Becuase he wouldn't still have his revenge. "Well I could imagine you running around in tights," he grinned devilishly "y'know kicking bad guy ass left and right." He tried to make it sound as humorus as possible without it being taken literally.

She did have a point about the spells however, but Andrew wouldn't want to chance it. Regardless if he actually did use a spell, whos to say how far the muggles were in their technology? The head of governments already knew the exsistence of wizards, so whos to say that they haven't made some kind of Anti- Wizard defences? It would be a longshot, yet it would also be realistic. "Like I said," he replied "I wouldn't want to chance it. Who knows what kind of bad karma it could bring." How ironic Andrew would believe in karma. "But if we don't tell the cops anything and they find out, we get arrested and thrown into prison...and if we really have a bad day, we get executed. But thats on the depending country. America would never do that to some carjacker, but for serial killers or something....well let's just say it could happen."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:05 pm

“I've been running around in tights, and I must admit that they are quite comfortable,“ she said. And she actually liked tights. Mostly when they were black, and comfortable to walk around with. “And as for the bad guys. I'm Always putting on my Chains when it comes to them. So they can remember me in Muggle Heavy Metal way,“ she gave him a grin. She didn't actually know how he took it – as a joke because her confession was real, and she didn't like, she really loved tights when she was little. “You imagine me running around in tigts, don't you?“ Mis' grin widened when she asked him. Even though, she had a great fantasy, she couldn't see herself in a little more girly clothes anymore. By now, she was more used to what she was Now.

“Ah, Karma, right.“ Andrew once told her that. Was it when they were swimming in the lake and Mis lost her fear or somewhere else? Anyhow, she knew already that he believed in that. “Hm, okay. I doupt that they have jails as bad as Azkaban... do they? I mean that their prisons aren't that horrible?“ Again, she didn't know about Cops – policemen, whatever they were called.
“So... they have protection? And do you know how those things work?“ No, she didn't want to go and steal a car. She couldn't even drive one. But it was interesting. Muggles could really create interesting things.
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew Thompson Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:00 am

Miseria? In tights? It was hard to believe, but Andrew couldn't help but try to picture it in his mind, the clothing pressed on Miseria...then he abolished the thought before the awkward moment of his staring would settle in. Even though Andrew had matured a lot over his absence, he was still a 16 year old teenager. "I will admit," he said honestly "it is a little difficult trying to picture it. Because I never see you wearing them." Maybe that might bring something later, maybe something hilarious at best. But it wouldn't be at her, it would be at the fact that it would work.

"The prisons depend," he stated "if your in Fresno California, you're screwed because of the numerous different gangs there. Such as the Bloods, Crips, Bulldogs. Those guy will murder you if you are not in some kind of faction there. And the police can't do anything about it because they are so large in numbers." Now as for the car, that was a question Andrew didn't even know how to put. May as well give it his best shot. "Muggle technology is always changing, so it gets harder to understand it," he said "trying to understand all of this now would definitely lead to more work later as you have to prepare and plan to get past newer and improved versions of it. That's why I don't try stealing other cars, because I have no idea what would happen if I were to set off one of those intricate designs."
Andrew Thompson
Andrew Thompson
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:38 pm

Hilarious, isn't it? She shrugged her shoulders. "Yeah..." she agreed with him. "But what about you? If you don't wear the Superman Pajamas to look like a Superhero, do you wear tights? I've heard that they sell those things even for boys. And I've seen some with my own eyes." Baby ones to be exact but they could stretch them with some spells, and those pretty baby tights would be good for Andrew to go!
"To tell you the truth - with my imagination - i'm already imagining you with tights. But strangely not with the blue ones. Pink... They seem to suit you better. With purple dots. Maybe we should get you those?" She gave him a smile. She could do that. Buy him those pretty litte things.

"Hm, you seem to know them quite good... But what is the difference between all of those three gangs?" Also the names were odd. Bloods? Crips? Bulldogs? The criminals who killed, raped and did whatever they did could've chosen better names for their gangs. But she wasn't the one to complain. In that case - she was even lucky not to be in Jail.
"Oh..." Impressive. She was still curious about the cars, and the non-magical protections on them, and she had lots of questions but they could wait. "I want to drive a car now."
Miseria Lupin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top