A shake up of the admins
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A shake up of the admins Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A shake up of the admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A shake up of the admins Empty A shake up of the admins

Post by Jess Potter Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:09 pm

Hey guys,
I'll start with a ramble, as I always do Smile

As you may or may not know, we admins (Myself and Darren in particular) have been losing hair over this site, being quite worried about how it's going, and stressing, and all that jazz.

And we realised that a part of the problem... well wait, actually we didn't realise, we just gained heightened awareness, we've known this for quite awhile... anyway, we realised that a large part of the problem was the admin's ineffective handling of anything.

So, we got to talking, something that we males don't seem capable of doing (ugg ugg) and we all came to a rough conclusion. The problems in the admin team itself were stemming more from the fact that we were so thinly stretched. Realistically, there were 2 or three of us doing work, which was less than we had back when there were no apps, claims, plot, or real admin stuff. As such, we could really get anything done, we weren't RPing... on an RP site... go figure, and we weren't managing things very well.

As such, we made a decision, with the site growing, perhaps the admin team should to? What a ground breaking conclusion, huh.

Anyway, we've made quite a few changes to the admin team, we hope that you like them, and I hope that you support us in every change we made, sorry if you don't.

Without further ado, here are the changes!

It's with great regret that due to time constraints and illnesses, we've asked Red to take time off being an admin. Hopefully, when she's all better, and can spare some time to get online, we'll promote her to admin again. Thank you Red for all the tremendous work you've done, and get well soon Smile

We also needed to fill in the gaps, and make the admin team grow, like one of those instant grow trees, or w.e. so I
d like to announce not one, not two, but THREE ( :O) new admins! Woo!

Firstly:
Spoiler:

Secondly:
Spoiler:

And last, but certainly not least!:
Spoiler:

So, that wraps it up, I now need to word this conclusion without giving away the spoilered stuff... hmmm.
Let me be the first to give my congratulations to the new admins, and best of luck to them in the future, already they're working hard *swaps to chat window*
Spoiler:
Oh jesus, what've I done *facepalm*
The Admin Team!

P.S. We're also working on something super monumental, but more on that later. Those who know what I'm talking about, keep it to yourselves Wink

Last edited by Jess Potter on Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

A shake up of the admins Empty Re: A shake up of the admins

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Congrats, All!

From PA's Fluffy Cheerleader!!
k.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:16 pm

darn it there spoilers,well congrats whoevers the new admins
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:18 pm

you can't get spoilers, Xem??
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurora Nye Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:19 pm

well congrats those who are admins.
Aurora Nye
Aurora Nye
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 2250
Special Abilities : Seer

Back to top Go down

Post by Miseria Lupin Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:38 pm

CONGRATS! =D
Miseria Lupin

Number of posts : 3782

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Granger Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:48 pm

Congrats Eli, Jackles. and James Wilson I'm sure you three will make great admins! XD
Sophia Granger
Sophia Granger
Seventh Year Gryffindor
Seventh Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 11575

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter "Xem" Charcovix Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:08 pm

@Kat no my stupid computer won't let me see spoilers,it won't let me click them,but since Sophia said them already I don't need to see it

CONGRATS GUYS
Walter
Walter "Xem" Charcovix
Fifth Year Gryffindor
Fifth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 823

http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 pm

^Thanks for editing your sig Xemnas Smile I'll PM this to you in case you don't see this.

And I forgot to mention something (Shoot me?)

Darren and Jemma are still admins, we're not demoting them. We do this because, in all reality, they are the PA equivalent of a life member, due to all their contributions to the site and all that stuff.

However, both had real lives... real what, you may ask, well. A real life is what you have in that 30 mins a day not spent on PA (Eating, bathing, etc.)

And as such, they will come and go.

So, I decided that we'd no longer rely entirely upon them, as that was just asking for trouble, instead, when they're around, we'll welcome their input, and seek their guidance. When they're not, we wont be as useless as religion is to a brothel. Bad simile? Again, shoot me, it's late at night.

So, just thought I'd let you know, as I only just noticed the widget didn't have their pics.

Later, Jess.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Nikki Lestrange Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 pm

Congratulations for you all who're now admins. Smile