Pre-Trial Meeting
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Pre-Trial Meeting Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Pre-Trial Meeting

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pre-Trial Meeting Empty Pre-Trial Meeting

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:23 am

Thaor hurried along the corridor to the courtroom. He had called a meeting and did not want to be late. He was wearing an emerald green traveling cloak, and underneath he was wearing his Wizengamot Cloak. Thaor entered the courtroom to find he was the first one there. He flicked his wand and lit the rooms candles, lighting the room.

Thaor walked over to his seat, and sat down, waiting for the others to arrive. He knew some of the members would be pissed that he interrupted their ever so important lives, but he had an important matter to deal with.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Pre-Trial Meeting Empty Re: Pre-Trial Meeting

Post by Sara Robbins Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:25 am

Finally, something was happening. There was only so much paperwork Mercutio could handle before he needed a good lie down. The ministry certainly wasn't what it had been. Though, last time he'd been part of the Ministry, Mercutio had worked in the Department of Mysteries and had probably been generating a lot of that paperwork. The good old days, as it were.

There was a young gentleman looking very pleased with himself in one of the lower seats. Mercutio assumed he was one of these self important Order of the Phoenix fellows he had yet to become acquainted with. He wasn't sure he liked the way they'd insinuated themselves into government. From Mercutio's understanding of it, when Albus Dumbledore had started the movement, the whole point was for them to be freedom fighters, doing what the government couldn't. Or didn't dare. No, the idea of them ruling would not have appealed. The old man would turn in his grave.

Using his staff to assist, Mercutio theatrically fumbled his way along the gallery until he found his own seat where, once sitting, he opened a tin of humbugs to feast upon.
Sara Robbins
Sara Robbins

Number of posts : 20

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:35 am

Robert had been notified of the Wizengamot meeting. He had a general idea about what this meeting was about, and he was planning on attending. He didn't plan on making a regular habit of stepping on his daughter's toes, but she was barely on her feet after nearly being killed by the man they were about to try. The resistance to her presence was liable to be present amongst her peers. Robert believed Khaat was very capable of doing this job and needed to. The biggest obstacle she had to contend with was in the realization that it might turn out that Barker might well walk away, but then again it was the same risk for every trial.

He wasn't surprised to see he was one of the first to arrive, along with Elldir and Cambiare. "Good morning, Gentlemen," Robert said, finding the seat in the gallery that was normally reserved for the Minister if he chose to attend such matters.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 am

Khaat donned her robes in her chambers and double check herself. Well, black didn't make her look any healthier. She was thin and pale. She hadn't gained as much weight back as Barker had stolen from her, and it showed. It made her self concious. She knew her credibility and her ethics were about to be questioned. As it was, she was a walking talking piece of damning evidence against Barker.

She had multiple broken bones that were still healing, and this was the first day she was trying to walk again, trying to bear weight again on her ankles, which Barker had broken. Her ribs were still bound. The bruises were mostly under the robes and therefore concealed, thank goodness for that. Her father had loaned her a walking stick to help steady herself, and it did help. If he'd had his way, this all would have waited another week so that she'd have been fully on her feet. She hoped he would be there today. Her intent in wanting to do this was, at least in part, to show that Barker that he didn't have the effectiveness that he believed he had. Legally, the matter was a rather open and shut case. They had more than enough evidence for a conviction, and Barker had very littie, if any, reasonable defense for himself. That would be interesting to see what he came up with in that regard.

She gathered up the case file and a notepad and a quill and then went to the courtroom, taking her time along the corridor. Walking was not easy. She stopped outside the door, took a deep breath for confidence, gathered herself together, and went inside. It was important for her to look as much unphased and undamaged as possible. She made her way to her seat, trying to use the walking stick as little as possible. She saw two Wizengmot members already there, and, to her relief, her father was already there.

"Good Morning, Mr. Elldir, Minister,..." and looking at the third man, "You must be Mr. Cambiare. I'm glad you could come. Welcome."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:37 pm

After reading enough about Mr. Felix Barker in the newspapers, it was only a matter of time before he was caught. Narcissa was expecting her summons to the Wizengamot and thought it quite overdue when it did arrive. She picked out a fresh set of robes from her wardrobe and left the Manor which was once again under the control of the Death Eaters. She was a stone’s throw away from moving out. She he’d had enough of seeing them every single day. She could barely tolerate it when Sandra was in charge, now with another change of power, Narcissa wanted out and she was quite happy to sell their shady secrets to the Order of the Phoenix. She Apparated out of Wiltshire and into London, landing directly in the red Ministry telephone box.

Once inside the Ministry, Narcissa took off her cloak. She draped it over her arm and strode over to the lifts. She slipped into one that was thankfully empty and punched the floor number into the control panel. The grade slid over and the lift gave a shudder before ascending up towards the Department of Law and Enforcement. Once there, the grate slid back and Narcissa stepped out onto the marble floor. She picked up a bit of pace and stalked down the hallway, her heeled shoes snapping against the marble. She stopped momentarily outside of the room before taking the door handle and abruptly pulling the door open.

Narcissa strode inside, pulling the door shut behind her. She walked over to the table the others were sat at and draped her cloak over the back. She sat down next to Khaat and gave the ill looking woman a small smile. She turned her head and addressed the men that were in the room. “Good Day Gentlemen,” she said smoothly. She looked at Khaat again and winked, flashing her a smile. Narcissa sat back in her chair and laced her fingers together before plopping them in her lap. “I hope you are all well,” she added as an afterthought.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:23 am

"Hello, Narcissa," Khaat smiled. It had been a long time since she had seen her. She felt out of touch with what was going on in Narcissa's life, but she was quite sure that the newspapers kept Narcissa fairly well informed on Khaat's life. Sometimes the paper knew too much. "I am much better, thank you," Khaat said.

"It appears we do have a quorum now," Khaat said. "I don't know if Jess or Vincent are coming to this meeting, but I suggest we start. Our new court member, Mr. Elldir, called this meeting, so I believe I shall allow him to get started. Mr. Elldir--state your case, please. Exactly why have you asked us to assemble today?"

Khaat waited to see, first, if Elldir was going to conduct himself with decorum. Secondly, she wanted to know if this meeting would be fairly civil or if it was going to end up like so many other meetings she had attended and end up stalemated in squabbling. She was not prepared to allow the latter, but she almost anticipated that some heated debate might occur. She had been bracing herself for it.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22611
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jess Potter Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:09 am

Well it was only a matter of time. Barker had quickly become one of Britain's most wanted wizards. With the Ministry looking out for him, and his trail leading everywhere, not to mention to poor support base the man seemed to have, his capture was all but inevitable.

So, there he sat, in his fluffy pink bunny rabbit slippers and polka dot dressing gown, in the kitchen of Number 12 Grimmauld place, enjoying a nice pot of coffee, with a thimbleful of firewhiskey, a plate of toast, and the Daily Prophet all lain out in front of him. Humming a friendly tune he heard a thud, then without warning coal and rubble shot out of the fireplace, amongst which was a rather grubby,disgruntled looking ministry owl, who haughtily stuck its foot out, revealing a small parchment with the Wizengamot emblem on it.

Sighing, he stood up and waved his wand, cleaning the bird without an effort, before it flew out the kitchen window in a slightly cheerier manner. He walked up the stairs, pausing to wake up a few of his house guests with a disruptive bang on their door, before he reached his own room. Walking in his own clothes flew off, while he walked to his dressing table, and the purple Wizengamot robes promptly replaced them. Grabbing his hat he walked back down the stairs, again bashing on the remaining doors - how fun - before walking out the front door, and apparating into the Atrium with a small "Pop".

Arriving he smiled to a few coworkers and made his way to the Courtrooms, and, after more than a few Season's Greetings, he made it into the court itself. "Morning all," he said with a grin, walking over to his seat on the bench, next to Khaat's. "Sorry if I'm late. I was enjoying my breakfast. As Khaat here would know, If I'm enjoying my meal, I wont leave until it's done. Trust me, that can be an issue at feasts and banquets," he said with a slight chuckle at his own expense, before looking around the room. "So," he said, "Why are we all here?" he asked them all curiously, though he had an inkling.
Jess Potter
Jess Potter
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 14221
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Flying, Legilimens

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1356010139

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:59 am

Thaor watched as the others arrived, giving a brief "Hello" as each entered, and took their seats. He half frowned as Khaat walked into the courtroom, Barker really did a number on her. She was lucky to be alive.

Thaor was about to inform the Wizengamot members about why he had called this meeting, when Jess Potter entered the courtroom. Thaor waited for him to take his seat, and began. I asked you all to join me today, because I feel a vote is necessary, to temporarily relieve Mrs. Lupin from her duties, until after the Felix Barker trial. While I personally believe she will conduct herself in a proper manor, and that Barker will receive a fair trial. We must look at it how the general public will take it. She is a key witness to the case against Barker, and he tortured her to near death. Thaor said calmly.

Khaat, this isn't a personal attack on you, but we can't chance it, it'd all look too fishy. Thaor said with a smile in her direction. I make a motion to vote to relieve Khaat of her duties until after the Felix Barker trial. Khaat, would you please leave the room for the debate and vote? Thaor asked kindly.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:27 am

Robert, like Khaat, had known this was coming when Thaor had requested the meeting. It was a bit unorthodox, but not unheard of. And he knew how Khaat would be tempted to take it. She would be sorely tempted to interpret it that they didn't trust her to do her job. They both knew it was not a matter of that, and he felt for her as she silently rose from her seat. He sat in stonefaced silence as she made her way out of the courtroom without saying a syllable. His eyes never left her until she was out of sight. He knew how much effort it had taken for her to appear today at all, and he didn't want his face to display his slightly overprotective concern of her today. Moreover, he didn't like her being alone now at any time. Not with Naomi still on the loose. He had no reason to believe Khaat was safe, despite the fact that Naomi was somewhere apparently in hiding.

Robert remained seated, though. They had no authority to make him leave, and he didn't intend to do so. He looked at Thaor. "You called for this vote, Mr. Elldir. Move along, please. Let's get it accomplished, then."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:16 am

Thaor turned to Robert as Khaat left the room. Lets get this over with then. I'd like to remind everyone that this vote is confidential, Ms. Lupin is not to be informed of who voted which way. The way I see it, we have three ways to vote. Option one - Relieve Khaat of ALL duties until after the trial, option 2 - Allow Khaat to keep her power, and let her run the trial, but take no part in the vote for verdict, option 3 - Allow Khaat to keep ALL powers, and vote for verdict. Thaor said looking around the room.

Would anyone like to say anything before we vote? Thaor asked.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top