Inquiring Mind
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Inquiring Mind Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Inquiring Mind

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Inquiring Mind Empty Inquiring Mind

Post by Sipas Mandel Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 am

Sipas apparated to outside the ministry, and walked to the telephone booth that was the visitors entrance. He was wearing none other than his favorite cloak, an eccentric mixture of emerald green, and brilliant red. After reaching the atrium, he checked in his wand, and was on his way to the lifts. He started to hum to himself as he waited for the lift to reach level six. Level Six, Office of the Minister of Magic a polite voice said as the lift opened.

Sipas hurried off the lift and headed down the corridor to the right, walking all the way down the hall, till the second to last door on the left. "Robert Lupin; Minister of Magic" read the sign on the door. Ah, here we go. Sipas said to himself as he knocked on the door.
Sipas Mandel
Sipas Mandel

Number of posts : 17

Back to top Go down

Inquiring Mind Empty Re: Inquiring Mind

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 am

Robert was stacked up with a mountain of paperwork. He was debating on drowing Felix Barker in the endless paperwork his lunacy had generated. Barker had killed 3 ministry aurors and kidnapped 4 people--including kidnapping Khaat twice. The ministry staff had tirelessly worked overtime, some on the manhunt around the clock in order to try to get Barker off the streets before he harmed anyone else. As it was Naomi Quinn-Greyback was still on the run. Robert believed that she was, originally, not part of it but rather had been one of Barker's victims gone wrong. He wasn't sure what kind of a threat she posed now to the general public, but he did know he wanted her brought in as well.

The wizarding public deserved an update and Robert had remained silent. He'd issued a bit of news here and there through a couple of select ministry officials, but he himself had said nothing. He really had wanted to put his efforts elsewhere. On the case itself. Historically, some of the ministers seemed to be media loving. Cornelius Fudge, for example, rather liked the spotlight and frequently had ended up looking like an idiot. Of course, as far as Robert was concerned, Fudge ended up looking like an idiot because he was one. Robert, although not a press hater, just didn't feel any great compulsion to be center stage either. He preferred to do his job as efficiently as possible, with as little fuss as possible. He didn't grant interviews very often, but Barker seemed to be making a lot of things run a bit sideways at least for now.

"Come in," he said, hearing the knock on the door. He expected this might be Sipas Mandel--right on time.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sipas Mandel Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:31 am

Come in
Sipas entered the office, it seemed much smaller then he had remembered. This could be due to the fact of all the papers sitting on Robert's desk. Sipas walked farther into the room, extended his hand to the minister. Good afternoon minister, been busy I take it? Sipas said as he took a seat.

Sipas was excited to be, presumably the first journalist the minister has talked to about Felix Barker, and the whole situation. Questions were running through his mind, he wasn't sure where to start.

Would you like to give a statement first, or have me ask questions? After all, it's your party. Sipas said with a smile.
Sipas Mandel
Sipas Mandel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:58 am

"Well, my only prerequisite for this is that we do this over tea," Robert smiled. He accio'd a tea tray that his secretary had already prepared, and it came into the room. Robert motioned to the teapot with his index finger, and the tea poured itself into a couple of the large stoneware mugs that Katherine specialized in making. He had inherited some fussy little bone china teacups and saucers from some past minister when he had inherited the office, and he hated the delicate little feminine teacups. He much preferred a large, informal stoneware mug. The ones Kate had made him for here were a royal blue.

"I hope you dont mind spiced tea," Robert said. "This blend reminds me of the holidays. Help yourself." He took a sip of his own tea and settled back in his deskchair. "I am presuming you want to know details about Felix Barker, am I right?"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sipas Mandel Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:13 am

Sipas acciod a mug right after Robert, and poured himself a cup of tea. Spiced is fine. he said with a smile. Sipas dug in his bag, and took out his quick notes quill, and parchment. The capture of Mr. Barker, and the wereabouts of one Sophia Lestrange. The general public, including myself, were under the impression she was kidnapped by Barker earlier this week, but if Barker is in custody, where is Sophia? Sipas said inquiringly.

Sipas sat back, and took a sip of his tea, Robert was quite right, this blend did remind him of the holidays. Fitting, although it sure isn't a holiday for Sophia, especially if she is being held against her will by the psychopath Naomi Greyback.
Sipas Mandel
Sipas Mandel

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:47 am

"Ms. Lestrange was not taken by Barker to the best of my knowledge," Robert said. "It's my understanding that his whereabouts can be accounted for during the time of Sophia's disappearance. His alibi for that time frame is quite sound. As to Greyback, well, it certainly is a possibility but not very likely. She's well aware that she is being sought by not only wizarding authorities but by muggle authorities as well. She's on the run from us and, I would suspect, has far more useful things on her mind--most importantly, her survival and her freedom. It's highly unlikely that she would find it to her benefit to take the time to risk herself any further by doing something so incredibly stupid right now. And to kidnap the former minister's daughter would be exceptionally stupid at the moment.

"But as for who might have taken her? I don't know. Its under investigation, of course. It is standard operating procedures, though, you understand, to not release much information during the active phase of a kidnapping case. The more information that is given out, in many cases, the higher the danger is for the victim. We do try to be very careful with what we release to thge press in order to maxiimize the possibility of a safe return of the victim."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top