The Barker Scare
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Barker  Scare  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Barker Scare

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Barker  Scare  Empty The Barker Scare

Post by Selene Brun Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:34 am

Selene stared at the newspaper in front of her, staring at a large picture of a man under the headline of the paper. The other Side of Saftey A new article by Emmett Fisher. The man had been reporting the entire time on the Barker problem, and suddenly there was breaking news that Barker had been seen, only to have been found to have had two people in a warehouse in muggle London. One of them, Khaat Lupin, head of St. Mungos, a woman who had done remarkable work in the field of healing, and was nothing but a good witch, she had been found, tortured, with a student of Hogwarts, Elijah Krum. Besides Krum being found, the ministry was going to prosecute Greyback because of her connection to him. "Zat eez not fair." She whispered sipping some pumpkin juice and reading on.

I also remind the public of Imperio, love potions, and Stockholm's syndrome (a syndrome where victims fall in love with their kidnappers because they are keeping them alive therefore they “saved their life”) all of which are probabilities in this situation.

Naomi.. her friend, her best friend since she had grown up with her. Her only friend growing up.. an odd pair, but still... friends. Selene bit her lower lip, drumming her fingers on the table. She DID have a connection to Greyback.. but would she go after Selene? Surely not.. Naomi probably wasn't even thinking of her right now.. probably to caught up in the spell of her capture to even think about anything but him... how horrible, to fall in love with a man, a man who tortured you.. a man who kept you in a cell..

Selene folded up the paper and looked around the room. It was big news at Hogwarts right now, Barker had kidnapped and tortured two of their members, and it was like a giant hole had been taken out of the Slytherin table. They always looked surely, but they looked even more surely then usual. Krum had been their mascot, and now a stupid Death Eater had taken him away, and Naomi? She had been quite popular, and her absence was felt by all. Selene shook her head. "Poor Naomi.." She whispered softly, staring at the picture of the man who had taken her. "How could someone do zat to her? Eet eez not fair." She whispered and then pushed the paper way, starting to eat her breakfast.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The Barker  Scare  Empty Re: The Barker Scare

Post by Selene Brun Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:23 am

Selene slowly looked up at Tifanie and then set her spoon down carefully. "I am tempted to send an owl to ze Minister of Magic, Eef eet eez one zing I know, eet eez zat Naomi would NOT fall in love wiz... wiz something like zat! 'e eez not even zat cute, Naomi would not like him. Eet 'as to be zis.. zis..." She looked back at the paper quickly, "Stockholm's syndrome, she 'as been put under 'is spell, and I 'ope zat zey are smart enough to realize eet." She said with a look of anger at the paper. "Eef zere eez one zing I know, eet eez zat Naomi would never fall in love.. ever. I grew up wiz her my entire life, she eez my best friend... and she would not approve of zis... zis.. torture, and kidnap zing... no absolutely not." She shook her head sadly.

"Actually, I WILL send a letter to zis.. Minister of Magic, or to zis Emmett Fisher... zey need to know what Naomi eez actually like, zey must not convict her of somezing zat she obviously 'as no control over!" She said and looked upset. "What do you zink Tifanie? Zis Barker man.. zere are THREE students zat are not at zis school right now because of 'im." She glanced over at the Hufflepuff table to, a bunch of students were staring at the empty seat Chase Moor had left. "I heard zat zey picked her up in Hogsmeade, trying to play eet down I bet, Some Hufflepuffs are talking about how ze Ministry if protecting her. I don't know why, but zey must be, because she isn't zere, and 'er 'air stands out a lot doez eet not?" She said in a lowered voice, before looking back at Tifanie.
Selene Brun
Selene Brun

Number of posts : 157
Occupation : Secretary/Personal Assistant at the Ministry of Magic

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

View previous topic View next topic Back to top