Return to the memories
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Return to the memories Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Return to the memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Return to the memories Empty Return to the memories

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:14 am

Godric had returned once more to the site of the battle he and Nick had forged there friendship in. The old place was still as silent as ever. It actually looked almost identical to that day, the snow falling slightly, the stars shining through the darkness. He couldn't remember the last time he had played his lyre here. He was almost apprehensive to try.

Forgetting the past, he simply took a seat on a fallen log, his white cloak blending with the snow to render him almost invisible. He slipped the silver lyre out from the inside pocket he kept it in, and started playing a light melody. The notes transforming the abandoned clearing into a mystical winter paradise.

Words slipped from his mouth like the wind through the trees, beautiful and dangerous, cold with the promise of the coming dawn.

Come to me, Oh Fates

Show me with the Stars,

Where the heart will lead,

And with the dawning of Apollo's Grace,

Grant me the strength to Embrace,

What the heart will show,

In this world of Ice and Snow.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Return to the memories Empty Re: Return to the memories

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:05 am

Christabelle had followed the link between her and her twin cousin to where he was now. It was almost ironic they be back there where she had not only failed to listen to him but the love of her life as well. She still deeply loved Nick, although she knew that he wasn't in the picture any longer, and most likely never w0uld be again. However she and Delk both knew that if he were to ever return again she would drop whoever she was with like a bad habit and come running back into Nick Valentine's arms forgiving him for his absence.

"Is it a little weird for you to be back here after all this time?" she asked looking at him as he finished his song. "I haven't been back here to this spot since that night, though I've passed it hundreds of times since then." Her mind was immediately flooded with those memories of that night.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 am

Not really. This is the third time I've been here. The second was not long after 'Bob' joined the CoL. I was looking for my lyre, and had remembered that I had never picked it up that night. When I returned, no one had even stepped foot around here. The scars of the battle are still here as a matter of fact. He pointed to a tree that had a large black circle in the trunk, as if it refused to heal even after a year. The curse mark was as dark and sinister as it had been that day.

As a matter of fact, 'Bob' and I got into a little bit of a snow ball fight the second time I was here.

He walked a few paces away from the log he had been sitting on, and knelt down. Touching the fine powder in reverance. It was where he had gone down during the first Crucio curse they had hit him with.

And to think that I stood up to a Crucio, and fought it tooth and nail, just so I could push my resistance to pain that much further.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:55 am

She looked over at the tree, it was the same tree she had hidden behind that night after Nick had apparated her out of there and told her he needed her to go back to the school because he couldn't duel worrying about her as well. It was almost funny how she didn't listen to him. But then again, she never really listened to anyone when her cousin was involved. The twin of her soul. She had never left him behind in a duel and she probably never would as long as she lived. She knew she would throw herself infront of the killing curse to save him if it ever came down to it.

She could hear him speak but at the same time her mind was flooded with the memories of that night. How they had to pull her away and snap her out of the cruciatus she had been performing before it started to consume her innocence. It was almost eerie that it was starting out to be just like that night. It had started out with just the two of them there. She was even wearing her white Nightwish hoodie pulled tightly around her body, the hood having stray curls coming out of it. She wouldn't be surprised if, Matt, Ne'os and Nick were to all show up right then and the duel take place all over again.

Although if truth be known even if Nick were to show up she knew she'd leave Emil in a heartbeat to be with him. He was always the true love of her heart and soul. They had just fit each other perfectly. Although she also knew she would have some words with him and more than likely slap him for leaving her with his sister to take care of and causing her to think the worst had happened to him for so long.

"I'm sorry what were you saying?" she asked looking at him. She didn't need to say she had zoned out into her own thoughts because their link was wide open with sharing the memories that she knew he had seen everything her mind had just played in front of her. "Its weird that its starting out just as it did that night isn't it?"
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:35 am

Godric just let his mind wander along the past, the memories of this place allowing him to redirect the effect of nostalgia to another point. He wouldn't let himself be taken off guard this time around.

As he stood and brushed off his pants, he heard Christy asking him a question. Just talking to my self. he said with a faint smile.

When she asked about it being weird, Godric just smiled.

Not at all. All things come full circle eventually. and this is no different. I just hope we don't have to fight for our lives this time like we did then. He was smiling softly. There had been very little they could have done to him short of killing Christy, that would have broken his spirit. Even now, he could have fought them all over again. But this time there would be no Nick to help him out in the end.

He looked once more to the darkened tree and smiled impishly.

Well, if history repeats it's self, we would be in for a long night. he said, his impish smile, turning playful as he picked up a snow ball and threw it at his cousin.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:32 am

Christy held a faint smile as he said he hoped they didn't have to fight for their lives this time. She knew there would be no Nick to come to their aid like last time. She looked in time to see the snowball flying at her in time to miss it. She knew the kind of snowballs he made and they had a tendency to hurt if thrown the right way, although he somehow always tried his best not to hurt her with them.

She glowered at him for a second, "Hey!" she said as she grabbed some snow and formed it into a ball throwing it back to him, although her aim was rather off. "Well if history repeats itself exactly, someone is in for a fight after the main one." she said with an evil grin on her face. It would be just like Nick to come back in the midst of a fight and then have her to answer to afterwards. He would have double hell to pay if he showed up in a duel.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:06 am

Godric easily dodged the snow ball coming at him. He had had to dodge enough angry snakes in his life that a ball of snow was no issue.

He knew that she was talking about Nick again. He picked up another snowball, being sure to form a bit of ice in the middle by compacting it enough, he tossed it off to the side striking a tree with a violent thunk. Then he made a powdered snow ball and tossed it at Christy haphazardly, the trail of falling snow, making it look like a snow fairy.

He smiled at his little trick. It wasn't magic, just an illusion of the setting sun, and the pure powdered snow. He sighed heavily as he thought about the first time he had met the boy who taught him that trick. Gift was still with him. Absentmindedly he fingered the wand in his pocket, it dark wood held the last remnants of Gift. The fangs that Gift had used more then once to save his life.

He pulled the wand out and smiled impishly. Wingardium Leviousa he said pointing to a large pile of snow. The entire pile lifted up into the air, and aimed at Chrsity. It hovered there, his smile broadening with each second.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:03 am

Christy missed the snowball, fairly easily, not even having to think about it. She laughed looking at him as she watched him pull out his wand. She knew he was up to something and when she saw the snow start to hover over her she grabbed at her wand and said, "I don't think so." she said moving out from underneath the pile that had previously been over her head.

She knew how he could be and now that they didn't really have to worry about who was around he was acting like he did when they were children and it made her smile. It was a smile that even he hadn't seen in a long time. "I'm much better at Charms than you Delk. Don't even try to dump all that snow on me."
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Godric Delk Malfoy Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:04 am

Godric just smiled his wand still suspending the snow, Yeah, but I'm better at defensive spells, He said with a wink. Showing her that he could handle any thing she threw at him.

He decided it wouldn't be very nice to hit her with all of it, so threw the pile aginst a tree, letting it flurry out into a cloud of snowy mist. As he did this, he allowed himself to just let his mind wander. Watching the snow reminded him of flying through the clouds not so long ago.

I can't stand it. He said with a pained look on his face. He let the memories of flying and talking to Set and Gift, and even levitating objects flow through his mind's eye. His longing for the powers seeping into every last image.
Godric Delk Malfoy
Godric Delk Malfoy

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum