Always Working - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Always Working - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Always Working

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Always Working - Page 2 Empty Re: Always Working

Post by Jack Wickim Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:50 am

So, she was still a student at Hogwarts and she played Quidditch. At the mention of it, all the memories of playing at Hogwarts came flooding back to him. He was like an old man who relieved his glory days of being the Captain of the team. Jack was the Captain of Gryffindor's team when he was in his seventh year, so immediately he related to the girl. The stress, the respect, and the fun that came with the position was good sometimes, but awful at other times.

"I played Quidditch back when I was at Hogwarts, and was also the Captain of the team." He smirked and sat back in his chair, reliving some of his best games. He then wondered if she played when he was playing. If she had been playing since she was a fourth year, then she would have played with Jack while he was there. "Did we ever play together? I only graduated three years ago." Jack began to scan his memory, he did not know many of the people he played with, only associating with people his age.

Still, it seemed odd to not remember if he played the sport with someone. If she was on the team, he would have known her. "Either way, bring that title to Gryffindor. Was always a good feeling winning it." Again he drifted off into his thoughts. He did not stay long though, he was enjoying his little talk. The more his mind wandered, the more it went back to his work. "So, is Hogwarts still the same? Any good pranksters? When I was there, it was all me and my buddies did. Thought of new and exciting ways to piss off the grounds keeper."
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:07 am

Jack immediately said, "I was not, unfortunately. I missed try outs that year because I was in detention. Something about fireworks and some salamanders and the middle of the Great Hall... the memory is fuzzy." She smirked. It had been pretty bogus that she had been unable to join the team that year since she was the best damn Beater around, but the looks on many people's faces... It had almost been worth it.

"Oh, you know it. I also have the Triwizard tournament to prepare for, but Gryffindor is solid. We have some great players." She nodded. It didn't help that she was obsessed with the game. In classes, she scribbled ideas for plays and was always running off when she had a chance for her own personal practice where she ran Beating drills over and over and over...

He asked if there were any pranksters and she tilted her head up and silently laughed before looking back at him. All of his questions seemed to be jam-packed with irony. "You, sir, are looking at Hogwarts' resident prankster. I have taken over the Weasley file cabinet. I have a horde of apprentices, I'm in and out of detention, I even took over Weasleys Wizard Wheezes. You will not find a more devoted prankster. It's what I do."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Wickim Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:11 pm

He could only tilt his head back and laugh when she went on her score about how she was a prankster. That spirit she had took him back to his days at Hogwarts. He loved going around and raising hell, so much that it almost cost him his job as an Auror. The word got out that he was not serious enough to take on a job like that, but he proved them wrong and has not let them down since. Of course he had to leave that lifestyle behind. That was not to say he still did not have fun, just not as much as he used to.

"It is good to meet a fellow prankster and see that the craft is still alive and well."

The fact that she was in the Tri-Wizard tournament did not register for a moment of two. He remembered how badly he wished he could have competed and showed off his talents. He was always a good wizard, brave and solid, but he never had a chance to show it when he was in school. He was an auror now, but he was a low level one and had not undertaken anything too serious yet, which was kind of disappointing to him. Either way, he would get his chance to shine.

"You are just the Jack of all trades." He grinned after he said it, not realizing until after the humor in his own words. "No pun intended, of course."

He then went on to think of why she looked down on her peers so much. He could not quite put his finger on it, but he figured someone like her would be one of the more popular people around, always wanting to be with friends. It was strange that she spent her time alone and away from other Students at Hogwarts. "So do your fellow Hogwartians not like the fact that you are better than them, or do you just prefer to be alone?" He hoped the question was not worded very harshly. It was not meant to be insulting, just him being curious again.
Jack Wickim
Jack Wickim

Number of posts : 53

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:31 am

Jack smirked. "Oh, it's alive and not so much well as it is thriving." She smirked at the pun, whether it was intended or not, it was still a pun nonetheless. She liked the term- a Jack of all trades. It seemed to fit her the more she thought about it. She had random knowledge in so many random fields that it really was the best way to catalog her realm of expertise.

This Jack, the male Jack that is, was trying to figure her out, something she found funny, because people always seemed to be trying to do so, and always seemed to fall up so terribly short. It was always interesting to see how close- or rather how hilariously far- they ended up from the actual truth.

"So do your fellow Hogwartians not like the fact that you are better than them, or do you just prefer to be alone?" She smirked. "I like to think it's a little of both. Though they may swap the term 'better' for 'weirder.' I just find considerably less pleasure in fretting over the latest fad than them to coexist peacefully." She smirked again.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top