It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.  Empty It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.

Post by Peter Howard Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Once again the House Elves had made a dismal attempt at creating food for the students and once again Ariel was making his own lunch, picking from the things he could alter and turn into something appetising. The noodles weren’t good but they weren’t horrendous either. After searching through the bottles of condiments he’d found some sweet chilli sauce and dumped nearly the entire contents of the bottle onto the noodles, careful not to get any on his robes. After that he’d cut up piece of chicken another plate, bathing them in Chilli sauce and seasoning the pieces where need be. Then, he’d scraped them onto the noodles and mixed everything up before producing a pair of chop sticks from his bag.

Now Ariel was slowly eating his lunch, reading an article in Daily Prophet about the kidnap of Khaat Lupin. Ariel couldn’t quite tear his eyes away from the pendant around her neck. He recognised it, of course he did. He’d know that god for saken thing anywhere. Ariel’s lips formed a thin line and his eyes narrowed as he watched her move in the picture. With a sigh, Ariel threw it away from him and moved his chops sticks a little faster. He wanted to leave the hall as quickly as possible now. He had some sort of lesson after lunch, probably Charms again, and although he didn’t enjoy the class, it was probably better than sitting among the commoners and the idiots. Anything was better than that.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 336

Back to top Go down

It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.  Empty Re: It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.

Post by Sally Ruby Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:35 pm

Sally walked slowly in to the hall to maybe have some food. She wasnt sure if she would even eat seeing how the food at Hogwarts never set well for her poor tiny stomach. She sighed and saw another studnet at the Slytherin table, recognizing who he was as one of the most talked about studnets she sat a couple feet down the table from him and pulled out a book. She had coffee apear and started stirring it with a spoon reading her book about the creatures around the wizarding world in her left hand stirring with her right. She sighed quietly as the book was a tad bit boring. Her red eyes were burning a dark red today as they were still going by her emotions and right now she was between ticked off and annoyed.

Takeing a deep breath she turned the page and read some acrticles about some of the dragons in the wizard world. Finding it quiet boring she placed the book down, still stirring the coffee, and put her head on her left hand hold it up with her elbow and the table. She had her face away from Ariel, not knowing what insult he could come up with for herself.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Number of posts : 406

Back to top Go down

It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.  Empty Re: It's Constructive Criticism, Darling.

Post by Peter Howard Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:39 pm

Begrudgingly Ariel pulled the newspaper back towards him and he looked at the front page again. He opened it up and studied what was inside only to be disappointed. He sighed and threw it away from him as he’d done the floor. He took his arm off of the table and lifted the chopsticks to his mouth. He ate some of the noodles and swallowed. He put the chop sticks down and took his wand from his pocket. He pointed it at the goblet in front of him and a jet of water was sent into it, filling it up half way. Ariel put his wand back in his pocket and picked the goblet up. He lifted it to his lips and drank before placing it back down on the tabletop.

Ariel picked up his chopsticks once more and glanced at the girl who had decided to sit near him. He rolled his eyes conspicuously and watched her turn the spoon in the cup, occasionally clinking it against the rim. Ariel glanced at her and lifted his head, pulling his shoulders back. “Will you desist?” He asked pointedly, looking at the girl.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:45 pm

Sally looked over at him and huffed taking her spoon out of the cup. "Fine." she said taking a sip quietly and then gently placed the cup back on the table. She pulled her book back out and started reading it once more out of boredom. She couldnt believe the nerve this guy, he was making more noise then she was throwing his newsaper down. She rolled her eyes from behind her books. She really wasnt in a good mood for this, her eyes blazing red now from above the book. She pretended to read the book now as it was too boring to get into it, she was really staring at the picture of a dragon in the book, not really interested in that neither.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:15 pm

Tabloids were useless. They presented the world with pieces of information that were distorted beyond repair. Still, Ariel pulled the newspaper back to him and opened it up. He couldn’t dwell on the tabloids for long because Hogwarts would supply him with everything he needed to know anyway. Public knowledge was useless. Ariel flicked to the middle of the paper and picked his goblet of water up again. He brought it to his lips and drank some more of the water as his eyes scoured the pages for something to read. He placed the goblet down on the table once more and turned a few of the pages before settling on an article depicting the timeline which provided Ms. Lupin’s kidnapper with the opportunity to kidnap her. It was a shame Miss Dent and her Aurors missed the chain of events. They were really quite obvious.

Ariel put his chopsticks down and ripped the page out of the paper. He flipped the newspaper closed and looked at the girl. “Lend me a quill won’t you?” Ariel requested calmly, the curt words coming out as more of an order. “Some annotations need to be made,” he elaborated vaguely. “Then perhaps I’ll explain the term ‘anti-frizz charm’ to you."
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:48 pm

Sally was drinking her coffee ever so slowly and looked over at the well known boy as he asked for a quill, well more demanded it and then insulted her hair. She glared at him obivously he was very rude, she wasnt going *lend* him a quill "Dont you have something else better to do then ridcule others?" she snarled refusing to give up a quill for him.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:52 pm

(( Please try and meet the word count ))

It was a simple enough request. He’d not been rude while asking but his afterthought hadn’t been one of the most polite things to say. Ariel wasn’t wrong but he could have been more tactful. Actually no, perhaps he couldn’t have been. Sandra, Sarah, Satchel, or whatever her name was, was quite pretty, cute even. It was just a shame about the way she dressed.

Ariel pursed his lips. That was no answer. He sighed dramatically and raised an eyebrow at the girl. “That was not an answer,” Ariel drawled lazily, lowering his eyebrow. “But I’ll indulge you. Yes, I do have better things to be doing but I have seconds in the day that allow me to ridicule people whenever I want. Perhaps you could stop asking inane questions and lend me the quill? We can talk about me afterwards. I’m uninterested in what you think I need to do with my day. I can’t get a good night’s sleep unless I’ve antagonised someone.”
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:21 pm

((sorry 0.o wont happen again promise))

Sally looked at him and sighed, he wasnt going to stop asking. Reluctanly she pulled out a quill from her bag next to her and slid it down to the table towards him. She rolled her, she didnt want to talk about him as she already knew he was very fronted about his self. She found him to be highly self centered and she couldnt stand people like that. "He would be a good match for my couisin" she thought to herself agreeable.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Howard Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:33 pm

As predicted, the quill was slid down the table in an albeit reluctant fashion. Ariel neither cared nor pointed out the girl’s aversion to him. Instead he picked the quill up and began to note down what he needed on the article. This Barker person who seemed to be behind the kidnap would be a powerful ally although Ariel couldn’t deny that if he let the Head of the Wizengamot get away then he wasn’t as good as he thought he was. Barker he could make use of though.

Ariel tore the annotated article out of the newspaper and folded it up. He tucked it into the breast pocket of his shirt and held the quill out for Sarah to take. That’s what he’d call her now; it was easy to remember but the same amount of letters as Sally. How curious that he couldn’t remember that. “Thank you.” He said calmly. Ariel might have been an asshole to everyone but he knew how to be polite. Please and Thank you was not completely out of his vocabulary. “Forgive me but which year did you say you were in?” He questioned.
Peter Howard
Peter Howard
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sally Ruby Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Sally continued to sit there and drink her coffee. She looked up as he said thank you and asked what year she said she was in. "Welcome." She muttered taking her quil and putting it back in her bag. "I didnt say." She said as she hadnt told him what year she was in. "Seventh." She said adding to what she had said. She sighed and took the last drink of her coffee.
Sally Ruby
Sally Ruby

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top