Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level Empty Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by William Winston McCoy Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Another school year, another bunch of new and old students... Every year the same, but every one of those years he enters these classrooms with a smile on his face and joy in his heart because of the classes and the opportunity to teach new wizards and witches what he knows. The lesson plan and the working methods are still the same, the classroom is still empty... but the latter will soon change. Professor McCoy took his seat at the front desk and waited, scrolling through papers.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Number of posts : 226
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation, Leglimens, Wandless Magic

Back to top Go down

Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level Empty Re: Lesson 4 - N.E.W.T. Level

Post by Amelia Lyons Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:28 am

As Transfiguration was Amelia's first class after lunch, she was nearly always early for it. She had no reason to stay at the Ravenclaw table to socialize because... well... she had no one to socialize with. Lately, she had been seeing Peter further down the table, sitting with a few of his Beauxbaton's classmates, and although she had occasionally felt some small urge to make conversation with him, she had never known just how to approach him, and had thus perpetuated her habit of eating alone and then heading off to class.

Arriving in the classroom, Amelia took her usual seat in the second row and reached for a book she had been reading at lunch. This was a book on muggle chemistry, which she found fascinating, although mistaken in some regards, and she had found it helpful in her understanding of potions, which was only an added bonus. The Ravenclaw girl was quick to disappear behind its pages and did not show signs of resurfacing again any time soon.
Amelia Lyons
Amelia Lyons
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 1645
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Apparation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:12 am

Brienne came into class. She seemed more at peace than usual. More at peace meant that she'd be better off than not. She'd be happier, and much more....mellow. She chose her seat and sunk down in it a little bit. So much was going through her mind at the same time, as if it were something that she couldn't control. Something really bad was going to happen to her soon, but she was trying to forget that feeling. Forgetting would be the best thing for her right now. Not that people would want her to, but she did. She didn't want to think of the bad things happening. She only wanted to relax.

She opened her book, and found that she was unable to concentrate on the writing inside. It seemed blurry to her. In her mind and eyes. All she could think about was asking why this was happening to her. She was feeling quite sick and shouldn't have come to class.
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by William Winston McCoy Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:28 am

''Good day to you all, although I can't applaud you for attending. Miss Pyrites, I thought I ordered you not to come to my classes after that little incident? Despite the fact that you might have avoided that... speech of mine, I am now, repeating what I have said, and, once again, ordering you to get out and not come back. I am not going to tolerate such behavior here, and whatever your background may be, do be sure that there is no one that can influence this decision. Now, please, do be so kind and leave quietly and peacefully'', McCoy said, drawing his wand out, just in case.

''Now, as for the two that are willing to work. What is Non-Verbal Transfiguration?'', he asked.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:54 am

Jack walked into class late, though she kept her head held high. She knew, unfortunately, that people would look to her to be some sort of role model now that she was champion- a fact that she found sort of laughable, her a role model- and that while favor had been won for her, being tardy would be even more unacceptable. So she had to offset it.

"Sorry Professor, no lame excuses. Only answers." She took her seat and continued on to say, "Nonverbal transfiguration is the act of performing a transfiguration spell without saying the incantation out loud." she let her bag drop to the ground on her side and smiled up at the professor.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by William Winston McCoy Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:45 pm

''And you are correct, Jack. I do hope you will use some of that Transfiguration knowledge in your tasks.'', he said with a smile. '' As this is our first class dealing with non-verbal transfiguration, I shall have to warn you that mistakes and errors can happen. What you need to do is concentrate and channel all your magical energy towards transforming that small wooden box you have on your desk into a white mouse. It has to be white in the end, not brown, like the box, or grey, but white. If you make a mistake, which is natural, do call upon me and I shall return it into its initial state so that you can give it another go'', McCoy said.
William Winston McCoy
William Winston McCoy

Back to top Go down

Post by Brienne Ravenquist Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:18 am

Brienne's thoughts went to the small box on the desk before her. White mouse! White mouse white mouse white mouse! She concentrated and thought hard at the box. Probably she'd have a stroke by the end of this. Well, not literally, but it damn well felt like it. The small box started to blanch, each inch turning white. Soon, it was as white as fresh snow. Then, fur started sprouting up like little blades of uncolored grass, through the "snow", "covering" itself. Brienne stroked it, it felt soft like down on a newborn and dried chick. The box then grew four legs, each with a fleshy paw on the end. Each paw had slender-ish "fingers" with clear claws at the end. Much like a rodent. Little white ears popped up next, as well as eyes, and a complete snout. However, now the thing had no tail and the general shape of a box, still. That was fixed in a hurry when she concentrated more on what the mouse should look like. The mouse's rear-end rounded out, but included a bump indicating it was of the male gender, and the tail slithered just above the bump. The body rounded out more, narrowed at the neck, then widened a little at the head. Brienne marveled at the little guy. He looked like a real mouse, in fact she deemed him a real mouse. The little white creature crawled up on her hand and onto her shoulder.

She raised her hand, then stated "This is fun, I wish I had another box so I can do this again, but with different colors".
Brienne Ravenquist
Brienne Ravenquist

Number of posts : 573

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:53 am

Jack grabbed one of the boxes and brought it to her own space, thinking about the task ahead at the professor's mention. She wondered if the professors knew the task, to make sure all the champions were on the same academic level so there were not any advantages. She doubted it, but if it were true, that could be a clue. Should she start reading up on transfiguration?

Jack was not the best at nonverbal, since she was a rather verbal person, but she had improved very much over the summer since she had learned the virtues of silence. She stared at the box and raised her wand beginning to concentrate- crap. She needed to find out now if the professors did know. Maybe Adam or Peter had heard something-

She heard a squeak and realized she was in the midst of transforming her box into a great grey mouse with brown whiskers. She cursed and stopped the spell and returned it back to a box, holding up a hand to acknowledge McCoy and let him know she had made a mistake but she had fixed it. She forced all thoughts of the task out of her mind and tried again, with better success. She walked over and held out a hand and the white mouse climbed aboard.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top